Paul Blart: Mall Cop Reviews

• Aug 06, 2019

True unfiltered cinema

True unfiltered cinema

• Jul 20, 2019

Quite literally one of the worst movies I've seen. Painful to watch.

Quite literally one of the worst movies I've seen. Painful to watch.

• Rex H
    Jul 19, 2019

I loved the comedy. Instant classic! This is a so bad it’s good comedy. 5 stars. So cheesy and juicy.

• Jul 17, 2019

5/10. 59/100

5/10. 59/100

• Jul 12, 2019

I should've kept this movie repressed in my 9 year old brain.

I should've kept this movie repressed in my 9 year old brain.

• May 26, 2019

Definitely of the Adam Sandler brand (and production company) and gives us all the fat guy jokes we wish Chris Farley was still around to deliver, but Kevin James isn't Farley. His earnestness does have its moments but mostly it's just uncomfortable without the comic payoff. I just saw this recently and was shocked to discover it warranted a sequel. Ignorance was bliss in that case. Highlights: Blart's Mom, Shirley Knight, and daughter, Raini Rodriguez. And Happy Madison Productions' veterans cameos.

• May 24, 2019

This movie is bad, so bad, that its good. This movie is one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies I've seen so far. this is definitely one of the cheesiest comedy's I have ever seen in a movie before the 2010's. I found the story to be tolerable and the almost all of the jokes I found some humor in. The side characters were passable yet still disposable except for Veck who I found to be a very talented actor and leader, you get to see his development from a shy and stutter-y security guard, to an awesome gang leader with charisma. Kevin James did really well with the acting parts but when he's the one telling the jokes, their not as funny, but his reactions too other peoples jokes is hilarious. He really sold me on being a very lonely middle-aged man who deals with weight problems and hypoglycemia. This is definitely my favorite movie starring Kevin James, he is a better actor and comedian than he gets credit for. The love story in this movie is possibly the worst part to me because it is super unrealistic and is a botched way of progressing one part of the movie. Amy's "Boyfriend" is super annoying and pompous on purpose but he still makes me a little ticked. I thought that the banter back and forth between Paul and the police outside of the mall was witty and that chief Brooks was a good comic relief side character who makes a joke after a chase scene that has a more serious tone. I didn't like that Bobby Cannavale's character was interesting at all or funny and he was shoehorned very messily into the movie just to add another familiar face so more people will see it. This movie is by no means a good movie, but it a tolerable comedy with funny jokes and goofy characters, it has a surprisingly high re-watch value to me at least and has place as possibly my favorite guilty pleasure move I've seen.