The Pink Panther Strikes Again Reviews

• Mar 09, 2019

This fifth "Pink Panther" film sees Peter Sellers' inspector Clouseau running from the likes of a former ally driven mad by the detective's sheer stupidity. Admittedly, "Strikes Again" had me worried for its entire first half. So many of the gags -- be they physical, verbal, or otherwise -- were landing that I was truly concerned about how/whether or not the movie was even able to keep it up. My worries came to fruition. Things do fall apart, with the stakes, jokes, and circumstances in the second half ultimately taking an uncharacteristic turn into the realm of a James Body parody. If I wanted to watch the comedic genius of Peter Sellers injected into a Bond flick, I'd rather watch the actual movie he starred in that tried to do this -- 1967's "Casino Royale." Still, it's worthy of a watch, with that first half containing a really nice assortment of classic, true, "Pink-Panther-like" gags. If only they'd stuck the landing, though.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made! With the best movie quote ever spoken: "Does your dog bite?"

• Jul 29, 2018

Still holds up comically today.

Still holds up comically today.

• Apr 18, 2018

An ageless classic comedy that once seen will never be forgotten - for all the right reasons. The plot, script, locations, acting, music, actors, direction and style of the film are each worth 5 stars. It's up there with the greatest Laurel and Hardy films. It can be enjoyed by all the family.

• Apr 02, 2018

Despite the ratcheted up level of farce in this sequel it still manages to entertain in spades throughout. Even the silliest cliched moments of slapstick (like Dreyfus stepping on a rake) are surprisingly effective. Another excellent, if slightly overcooked Panther movie. Great!

• Nov 04, 2017

One of the greatest comedies in motion picture. Every minute is laughable. Sellers best performance as Chief inspector Clouseau. Great scenes like the questioning in the mansion etc...etc. THE PINK PANTHER STRIKES AGAIN is for me one of the greatest comedies of all time.

• Aug 08, 2017

Very silly and not very funny. I put this down to the age of the film but I've never found the Pink Panther films to be that funny really.

• Mar 12, 2017

Heh heh heh. So dumb

Heh heh heh. So dumb

• Feb 28, 2017

Being the only film in the series to directly follow on from the plot of the previous film the fourth film between Sellers and director Edwards takes the comedy to new levels of zany while also having a higher production budget than previous films which really shows with the extravagant set pieces and action scenes. The comedy and the script however is not lost under those extravagances and though it isn't the strongest in the series it does have some plus points over the prior films. The first fight scene between Clouseau and Cato is the best in the series so far, the parody of another MGM series (James Bond) is clear and really well done and I like the film's title sequence which references other films in an inventive way not just visually but through the score making it the best in the series. The cast, script, score and general comedy all work even if it does once again tread some old ground but I can forgive it for that as it is genuinely entertaining.

• Jan 28, 2017

The 1960s "A Shot in the Dark" and "The Pink Panther" are timeless comedy classics, with no question. Why in the hell Blake Edwards even attempted the later, jaded and unfunny sequels is a profound mystery.