The Pink Panther Strikes Again - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Pink Panther Strikes Again Reviews

October 14, 2016
My favourite Panther movie. Would you believe it contains the joke, "Excuse me, does your dog bite?" "No." "Hello little doggy." Dog bites him savagely! "I thought you said your dog did not bite!" The punchline...."That is not my dog!" Ha ha. Actually the film is a whole lot better than that offering. Highly recommend it.

Pleased to say it constantly lives up to my expectations. I watched this daily as a teenager. Loved it then. Love it now. Perfect direction and editing. My personal fantasy Masters of Cinema addition.
August 4, 2016
Perfectly idiotic and so many belly laughs.
July 23, 2016
Proved that The Pink Panther series is not for kids.
July 16, 2016
Love them all, hilarious
July 15, 2016
Los Gags que resultan ser graciosos como siempre.
Al igual Peter Sellers hace todo lo posible para que la película sea entretenida.
June 5, 2016
With stupidly hilarious jokes and keeping the best running gags without pushing the limit The Pink Panther Strikes Again is one of (if not the greatest) movies of the franchise and one of the best comedy films of all time.
½ February 26, 2016
I couldn't stop laughing at the antics which is the overall intention. But I think the sci-fi was a bit over the top. That said for movie that was rushed to be made 1 year after the previous movie this was very good.
February 8, 2016
2016-02-08 pretty silly, lots of in jokes like on Pres Gerald Ford and Henry Kissinger
½ February 2, 2016
Again, another hit that will bring about much laughter.
½ December 29, 2015
I remember this movie briefly as one of the funniest I have seen. It is definitely silly but at the same time as crazy as it gets. You will fall of your chair laughing. Guaranteed.
November 25, 2015
Sinister forces are at work...

A former criminal locked up by Inspector Clouseau escapes and builds a doomsday device. He threatens to destroy the world if he is not brought Inspector Clouseau immediately. Inspector Clouseau is on the case and will stop at nothing to bring the criminal to justice.

"Which switch did you use to turn on the light?"
"The light switch."

Blake Edwards, director of Pink Panther, The Party, Revenge of the Pink Panther, The Great Race, The Son of the Pink Panther, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and He Laughed Last, delivers Pink Panther Strikes Again. The storyline for this picture is okay with some solid comedic content sprinkled in throughout. The script is clever and the cast delivers solid performances and includes Peter Seller, Herbert Lom, Lesley-Ann Down, and Burt Kwouk.

"A few whiffs of this and you won't feel a thing."

I came across these not too long ago and DVR'd all of them. The storyline for these pictures are very "Austin Powers" like with less raunchy sex jokes. The comedic content is inconsistent and just okay. The overall film is above average and only worth watching if you are a diehard classic picture fan.

"I am always on my game."

Grade: C+
October 26, 2015
Peter Sellers is unforgettable in this series.
October 15, 2015
It's a funny movie, but I wish the producers had stuck with the Arkin/York combination, it would have been a much better movie.
½ July 14, 2015
Not as good as its predecessor.
June 4, 2015
Peter Sellers continues with arguably his most famous role - the first hour is quality slapstick stuff.
June 28, 2014
I own this on DVD in an eight movie pack along with:
* The Pink Panther (1963)
* A Shot In The dark (1964)
* The Revenge Of The Pink Panther (1978)
* Trail Of The Pink Panther (1982)
* Curse Of The Pink Panther (1983)
* The Pink Panther (2006)
* The Pink Panther 2 (2009)
½ April 21, 2014
Yet again, Peter Sellers continues to be unfunny and inoffensive, and the movie suffers. Just like the first one in 1963, this one is boring, tedious, and unforgiving.
½ December 9, 2013
Definitely the most sloppy of all the Panther movies but also perhaps the funniest.
½ December 5, 2013
Comedic genius. Peter Sellers gives Clouseau even more edge in this laughter filled masterpiece
October 27, 2013
Charles Dreyfus has gone mad after years of dealing with the bumbling detective, and closed himself in a castle to plot his destruction of Earth. The slapstick and sometimes downright silly comedy aspect is heightened in this addition of the Pink Panther franchise - a move that may have made it seem tired, formulaic and devoid of new ideas. Nevertheless, the result is quite entertaining if impressive in a different way from the other films of the franchise. Needless to say, it was always also because of Peter Sellers that these films are so well remembered by fans.