The Pink Panther Strikes Again Reviews

• Sep 22, 2020

This one is my favorite pink panther movie. It is funny from start to finish. This should have been the final one as the ones that followed were awful.

• Jul 30, 2020

it was ok overall, but, I thought the whole plot really didn't amount to much and Inspector Clouseau only delivered a few laughs as the bubbling detective again.

• Jul 16, 2020

No better or worse than the others.

No better or worse than the others.

• May 22, 2020

the late British comedian Peter Sellers in a series of Pink Panther films think of Sherlock Holmes mixed with the Naked Gun this is one of those early spy-spoof movies blending laughs with spy noir elements I'll be frank; I couldn't get through that first movie because it wasn't holding my interest with this one though they did a better job balancing the laughs and the many slapstick gags Sellers goes out of his way to engage in these earlier films unlike the Steve Martin movies had a passion for the silliness they reveled in plus this was the early 60's/70's era of filmmaking when this brand of comedy was more common nowadays it's hard to pull off a successful detective laughfest such as this the villain I actually got some enjoyment from too since he's a bit more loopy than traditional bad guys and his plan feels like something out of a Batman tv episode if you're looking to poke fun at an old-fashioned British caper story definitely check this one out

• Mar 09, 2019

This fifth "Pink Panther" film sees Peter Sellers' inspector Clouseau running from the likes of a former ally driven mad by the detective's sheer stupidity. Admittedly, "Strikes Again" had me worried for its entire first half. So many of the gags -- be they physical, verbal, or otherwise -- were landing that I was truly concerned about how/whether or not the movie was even able to keep it up. My worries came to fruition. Things do fall apart, with the stakes, jokes, and circumstances in the second half ultimately taking an uncharacteristic turn into the realm of a James Body parody. If I wanted to watch the comedic genius of Peter Sellers injected into a Bond flick, I'd rather watch the actual movie he starred in that tried to do this -- 1967's "Casino Royale." Still, it's worthy of a watch, with that first half containing a really nice assortment of classic, true, "Pink-Panther-like" gags. If only they'd stuck the landing, though.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made! With the best movie quote ever spoken: "Does your dog bite?"

• Jul 29, 2018

Still holds up comically today.

Still holds up comically today.

• Apr 18, 2018

An ageless classic comedy that once seen will never be forgotten - for all the right reasons. The plot, script, locations, acting, music, actors, direction and style of the film are each worth 5 stars. It's up there with the greatest Laurel and Hardy films. It can be enjoyed by all the family.

• Apr 02, 2018

Despite the ratcheted up level of farce in this sequel it still manages to entertain in spades throughout. Even the silliest cliched moments of slapstick (like Dreyfus stepping on a rake) are surprisingly effective. Another excellent, if slightly overcooked Panther movie. Great!

• Nov 04, 2017

One of the greatest comedies in motion picture. Every minute is laughable. Sellers best performance as Chief inspector Clouseau. Great scenes like the questioning in the mansion etc...etc. THE PINK PANTHER STRIKES AGAIN is for me one of the greatest comedies of all time.