Pitch Black - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pitch Black Reviews

½ March 15, 2017
Classic. Vin Diesel's break through flick. Riddick was a great character, and Diesel nailed it.
March 6, 2017
Excellent premise, but the execution and acting are severely lacking.
½ January 11, 2017
Badass cult classic...
January 7, 2017
Creative twist on the sci-fi horror genre. Good effects, good acting, interesting story, fearsome creatures...well worth the time.
½ January 1, 2017
Quite a good movie. Vin Diesel once did films that weren't Fast N Furious.
November 24, 2016
Thank goodness the dried up, pathetic denizens of Rotten Tomatoes really don't matter. As most of the movies they don't "like" it's a lot of fun and a good watch. Don't skip over this one because some hateful, grouchy, crusted up reviewer couldn't find any more joy in their heart.
October 25, 2016
The movie that started the franchise. A lot of fun but dated a bit now. Interesting characters, although rather two dimensional. Still.... love it.
October 3, 2016
A curiously offbeat sci Fi movie that has Viin Diesel as a dangerous convicti being transferred, along with a motley of other characters from planet to planet. When the spaceship they're traveling on crashes, we find out who the characters are and how they must survive in order to survive what's on the planet with them. Strangely stark, sometimes dull, and sometimes, I don't know, just a bit of putting, this could have used a little more splash in terms of special effects and music. Maybe this is rectified in the later sequels?
September 4, 2016
A great movie, for the time the special effects are amazing and the idea is very different and unique. The trilogy is entertaining and is always good to watch.
½ August 3, 2016
I haven't watched this movie since I saw it when it was first released on DVD some 15 years ago. It's still enjoyable enough but it feels very dated. Pretty well done for a $23 million budget, but admittedly it borrows a lot from those films that came before it.
July 22, 2016
A decent B-horror film that was ruined by its sellout, greed-inspired ending.
July 7, 2016
Could not get into this film at all. Would not watch again. Poor.
July 3, 2016
Crikey, I saw 'Pitch Black' at the cinema when I was at college. It's a good pic, and even though I've seen it far too many times since then to fully enjoy it as much as I once did, I recall liking it very much the first time and my initial impressions were very favorable, as were also the reactions from my friends who saw it at the time. Made on a relative shoe string, the fairly low budget effects are used minimallistically and to good effect, and have consequently aged well in spite of the budget constraints. Plus, the cast do their parts well with some decent play off and tension, particularly between Riddick and Johns.
½ June 30, 2016
I'm just crazy about Sci-fi and Vin D. is great.
June 30, 2016
Very good film with deep topic.
Great Vin D. movie.. I think his best
One of the 10 best science fiction movies of the past 15 years
June 30, 2016
This is a good mix of science fiction and horror. Diesel is perfect as the silent killer who may be just as dangerous as the monsters the rest of the survivors need his help to avoid. in my opinion definitely worth a rental.
June 30, 2016
Was great when I first saw this film, awesome for the second time.