Pitch Black - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pitch Black Reviews

September 4, 2016
A great movie, for the time the special effects are amazing and the idea is very different and unique. The trilogy is entertaining and is always good to watch.
½ August 3, 2016
I haven't watched this movie since I saw it when it was first released on DVD some 15 years ago. It's still enjoyable enough but it feels very dated. Pretty well done for a $23 million budget, but admittedly it borrows a lot from those films that came before it.
July 22, 2016
A decent B-horror film that was ruined by its sellout, greed-inspired ending.
July 7, 2016
Could not get into this film at all. Would not watch again. Poor.
July 3, 2016
Crikey, I saw 'Pitch Black' at the cinema when I was at college. It's a good pic, and even though I've seen it far too many times since then to fully enjoy it as much as I once did, I recall liking it very much the first time and my initial impressions were very favorable, as were also the reactions from my friends who saw it at the time. Made on a relative shoe string, the fairly low budget effects are used minimallistically and to good effect, and have consequently aged well in spite of the budget constraints. Plus, the cast do their parts well with some decent play off and tension, particularly between Riddick and Johns.
½ June 30, 2016
I'm just crazy about Sci-fi and Vin D. is great.
June 30, 2016
Very good film with deep topic.
Great Vin D. movie.. I think his best
One of the 10 best science fiction movies of the past 15 years
June 30, 2016
This is a good mix of science fiction and horror. Diesel is perfect as the silent killer who may be just as dangerous as the monsters the rest of the survivors need his help to avoid. in my opinion definitely worth a rental.
June 30, 2016
Was great when I first saw this film, awesome for the second time.
June 30, 2016
These movies are amazing!
June 30, 2016
A GREAT MIX OF HORROR AND ACTION , A FUN RUSH OF A MOVIE TO PULL YOU TO THE SIDE OF RIDDICK , TO SEE THAT THERE IS GOOD IN HIM .
½ June 30, 2016
Pros: Adds little footage than the theatrical version, but it's a good movie overall.
Cons: None.
Q: Does it remind you of the film "Aliens" ?
June 30, 2016
This is a good example of the Sci-Fi/Horror genre. It also introduces the audience to the ultimate anti hero Riddick. The characters are stranded on a strange planet with a mass murderer, ruthless bounty hunter, and monsters that want to feast on them. No one is safe as they race to get to a ship before the monsters kill them all.
June 30, 2016
Pitch Black is a perfect sci-fi survival horror flick, yet a pivotal scene was left on the cutting room floor. Thankfully, the unrated cut includes an extended scene with Johns and Carolyn that to me was crucial. It fleshed out the character of Johns more and made the connection between himself and Riddick that much more powerful. Great movie all around; the unrated version is the definitive cut in my eyes because of the extended scene.
½ June 30, 2016
Love this movie and can't believe it took so long to make another.
June 30, 2016
I'm not a big sci fi fan, but this is a great film!
½ June 30, 2016
Vin Diesel in action Sci-Fi blockbuster, love it!