Planes, Trains and Automobiles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Planes, Trains and Automobiles Reviews

May 25, 2018
I love planes trains and automobiles. It is one of the funniest movies that I have ever seen. Definitely one of the best comedies of all time. Such a classic film. Of course you got Steve Martin and John Candy. Both of them did a very good job in the movie. I think my favorite part in the movie is when Steve Martin is at the car rental place called marathons and he goes off at the woman and he starts swearing. That's probably my favorite scene in the movie. It is hilarious. Kevin bacon only played a little part in it. Ben stein also has a small part in it too. Planes trains and automobiles is one of the best comedies ever and definitely one of John candys and Steve Martins best films. Planes trains and automobiles is my favorite John Candy movie right next to uncle buck.
May 1, 2018
So much for Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Steve Martin and John Candy give the best their got in this 80's John Hughes film. It is a wild basic road trip film where Neal Page has to get home for Thanksgiving whether he could go on planes, trains and automobiles and more. But with the of his friend Del Griffith he can make a great expression in making the audience laugh. I did find Steve Marin's character funny cause he lots of scenes that made me chuckle and laugh and of course you all know the scene which I'm excited is that Steve Martin says the F word 18 times at the Airport Car Rental and it never gets old.

"Welcome to Marathon, may I help you?"
"Yes."
"How may I help you?"
"You can start by wiping that f$king dumb-ass smile off your rosy f$king cheeks! And you can give me a f$king automobile: a f$king Datsun, a f$king Toyota, a f$king Mustang, a f$king Buick! Four f$king wheels and a seat!"
"I really don't care for the way you're speaking to me."
"And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of f$king nowhere with f$king keys to a f$king car that isn't f$king there. And I really didn't care to f$king walk, down a f$king highway, and across a f$king runway to get back here to have you smile in my f$king face. I want a f$king car... right... f$king... now."
"May I see your rental agreement?"
"I threw it away."
"Oh boy."
"Oh boy, what?"
"You're f$ked."

This movie took the liberty of comedy and humour really well. Much likely of John Hughes films this one is hilarious. Sure it has some mild drama to it but that makes the ending to where he goes back home for Thanksgiving to his family along with Del Griffith. For the chemistry between Steve Martin and John Candy, this is an enjoyable film to watch. That is if you think this is actually a Christmas however but it's not. It's an holiday road trip classic to have a good laugh.
March 19, 2018
After all these years I finally sat down and watched this movie. The 80's produced alot of comedians and putting Steve Martin and John Candy together was a good idea. The movie actually had a good storyline I enjoyed the way it was written and the laughs while kinda of dry were still pretty funny.John Candy the big big slopping lug who knew how to hustle enuff to get by by selling shower curtain rings and Steve Martin was the well off family man just trying to make it home for thanksgiving meet each other when Candy steals Steves cab after he paid and extra 75dollars to get the cab. These two are connected at the hip and need each other more then Steve Martin wants to admit. If You never have seen this movie its worth a watch
½ March 1, 2018
Comedy from Steve Martin and John Candy, at it's finest
½ January 13, 2018
There are funny moments but it's a surface-based movie. Meaning it doesn't go deep. What you see is what you get and it's kind of boring and predictable. Kind of heartfelt and sentimental at the end which was nice. Sort of a typical American comedy movie with spoofs and gaffs but not too many laughs.
January 11, 2018
Fantastic comedy masterpiece
December 29, 2017
One of the best holiday movies out there. Not a scene is wasted in this cross country adventure.

The hotel scene and the pick up truck scene has me laughing every time. Must watch every thanksgiving
December 26, 2017
Great performance. Funny must see film.
½ December 25, 2017
Good movie for its time but over the past decades their have been so many rehashes of this movie and I was too late to watch this movie so I thought this movie was alright but if I lived during the time this movie came out then I would like it probably but because john Hughes rehashed this concept a little in the home alone movies were the mom try's to come back home.
December 24, 2017
Greatest comedy ever made!
½ December 22, 2017
This is a near perfect comedy, I loved every second of this movie. These comedic legends (Steve Martian) & (John Candy) really make you believe these characters. The movie funnier every time you watch it, and it's just as funny now, in 2017 as it was 30 years earlier in 1987.
½ December 19, 2017
Steve Martin and John Candy give a hilarious, heartfelt performance in this holiday comedy.
December 4, 2017
On my list of all time favorite holiday movies. If you've ever traveled over the holidays, you can relate and both cry and laugh with Steve Martin and John Candy. John's best performance as a movie star. Bring tissue for the ending.
December 4, 2017
Planes, Trains and Automobiles (and buses and trucks) is a movie that sends one simple yet powerful message: toss in a couple of F-bombs in one scene and people will stop thinking that all you do is movies about teen angst. It's still funny. Two polar opposites, who continously run into each other. Steve Martin is a cynical guy who just wants to be home for Thanksgiving, John Candy is more optimistic and cheerful despite his nonstop talkative nature. This is one of the most hilarious movies I have ever seen, as Martin's character seems to hilariously hapless as everything goes wrong for him to the point where he says "That's it! I'm making this movie R!! PG-13's overrated anyway!!!" The soundtrack always plays at the right times and it also has heart as the chemistry between Martin and Candy help develop their characters, especially Martin's into being more likable and the beautiful execution of its ending. I may have been a week late to watch and review this movie but at least I watched it. Thanksgiving and Christmas are close to each other and in December, I like to do a tradition of mine of watching Christmas movies. And I enjoyed it a lot more than I hoped I would.
November 28, 2017
A season must see. Candy, Martin, and Hughes at their best.
½ November 26, 2017
A few tonal inconsistencies can't stop the enjoyment of this hilarious, heartfelt holiday film. Steve Martin and John Candy share incredible chemistry together and own their roles. The film also contains some truly unique sequences of humor that still stay just as funny to this day. Thanks to John Hughes' amazing filmmaking and the perfectly casted stars, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles remains a great, fun holiday classic that'll make you laugh and pull your heart strings the whole way.
½ November 26, 2017
Classic comedy that has always been one of my favorites! John Candy and Steve Martin really work together well in this flick!
November 23, 2017
Heartwarming and hilarious, planes trains and automobiles is the perfect holiday movie
November 23, 2017
One of my most favorite movies ever thanks to John Hughes' writing and Steve Martin and John Candy's perfect chemistry, Planes, Trains & Automobiles is a hilarious and heartwarming classic.