Platoon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Platoon Reviews

November 30, 2016
Realistic and strong.
The movie depicts the chaos of the Vietnam War.
November 26, 2016
Rating: 8.4 out of 10.
½ November 23, 2016
Love this film, one of my absolute favourites. Classic.
½ November 21, 2016
Showcasing many themes and messages of war's impact on a person and how masculinity and hierarchy in war is a path to destruction, Platoon is a masterpiece of war films and deserves it's place among the greats. If only Willem Defoe was in it a little longer...

A
½ November 21, 2016
As a Vietnam veteran, this is the most realistic portrayal of combat in Vietnam that I have ever seen. It took me 5 years before I could sit, and watch it.
November 7, 2016
Platoon is a very good, thrilling, and realistic movie, it shows how the Vietnam War really was in a very dark and scary way. This is probably Oliver Stone's finest work.
November 1, 2016
This movie is a masterpiece. Not many films depict war in a raw and emotional way as Platoon does. Oliver Stone's direction is flawless, packed with memorable and thought-provoking moments that remind us about the dehumanising power of war and in particular its meaninglessness. The use of Barber's 'Adagio for Strings' in many key scenes, together with spot-on performances by its three leads, creates a moving work of art that's sure to hit deep. Definitely a must see and a personal favorite.
October 28, 2016
One of the best war movies ever, Stone shows us the horror of war through this compelling piece.
October 28, 2016
An amazing movie for it's time. Well put together and very emotional
½ October 26, 2016
When I die
bury me
upside down
so the world
can KISS my ASS
½ October 25, 2016
Charlie Sheen, Willem Dafoe, and Tom Berenger all give Oscar worthy performances. Directed by Oliver Stone, this is probably his greatest work. The story is realistic, tense, and unforgettable. The only complaint I have are minor pacing issues.
October 17, 2016
The opposite of Apocalypse Now, but both complement each other. Both should be seen to get a full Vietnam War picture.
½ October 12, 2016
Very sad, but extremely powerful! You have not seen a true representation of horror, until you've watched this masterpiece of war!
½ October 1, 2016
These Vietnam War movies can never seem to do much wrong and Platoon is no exception. Taking a much bloodier and uglier path to get its point across than others of its genre, it boastfully succeeds at showing the horrors of war, while only somewhat getting carried away with itself.
September 16, 2016
A really dark disturbing Vietnam film that centers on a young soldier who is thrown into a personal hell that is the Vietnam war.
It shows what he goes through and the absolute Hell that Vietnam was.
Tom Berenger plays the Platoon leader and is really just a crazy SOB. The film shows the experiences a specific platoon goes through and the various personalities and how the coexist. The film isn't going to pick you up and lift you, but it is really powerful stuff.
½ September 11, 2016
A very real peak into what went on when soldiers weren't fighting in Vietnam.
September 1, 2016
Greatest war movie in history hands down!!!
August 28, 2016
Total immersive experience, Oliver Stone at his finest. Hard to imagine that a movie with Charlie Sheen in the lead role could be this good. Doesn't hurt to have 2 academy award nominated supporting actors (Berenger, Dafoe). Amazed and depressed at the same time after watching this.
August 28, 2016
Great movie made by a war vet.