Pokémon Detective Pikachu Reviews

• Rahsaan
    24m ago

Could of had more battle scenes animation was top notch, had a ready player one look to it

• 52m ago

The good thing about this film is Pokemon, literally Pokemon in this film are genius and amazing. The bad thing about this film is humans are too cringe and cliche. But Justice Smith's character at first is a pussy type but he overcome the situation and accept whatever surrounding him.

• Samantha
    1h ago

It was fun and the 9 year old I took loved it. The ending was a surprise to boy of us and he LOVED recognizing all of the Pokemon

• 2h ago

Wasn't expecting anything but it blew me away with the amazing integration of Pokemon behavior in the world. they more than anything made the movie. 2nd best video game movie only behind Silent Hill.

• 2h ago

As a Pokemon fan I would recommend this film. Despite having a somewhat generic and not very surprising third act the film was very well done with amazing cgi character animations.

• 2h ago

I’m sure it’d be fine if I were a small child maybe, but I’m not. And, weirdly enough, the marketing campaign was not solely directed at small children. It was definitely aimed hard at nostalgia-hungry young adults like me. And they got me. That’s on me I guess. 1/2 star for getting me good. What isn’t my bad though, is the off-putting attempt to continue to appeal to adults for the rest of the movie. Severely inappropriate, and frankly usually unfunny, jokes (that are definitely coded well enough to fly over kids’ heads, don’t worry), and an inconsistent romance that I don’t think anybody really wanted were front and center for the entire movie. Besides that, the movie reminded me of pre-assigned group projects in school where nobody really liked eachother but still had to work together. If I had to pick one word to describe it overall, it would be “spotty.” Spotty plotline, spotty characterization, spotty tone, spotty transitioning. And I think a majority of that can be blamed on the writing, which you wouldn’t think would be the biggest issue in an adaptation but what do I know. I honestly enjoyed the actors, I just don’t think they had a lot to work with. The one redeeming part for me was the part that was already show-cased in ads, the animation. And honestly it was good enough to warrant two stars in an otherwise kinda bad movie. Incredibly enchanting. But as one of my friends said “the magic wears off two-thirds of the way through,” and the last third I caught myself waiting for it to be over. So two and a half stars! Great animation! Not so great everything else.

• 2h ago

Beautiful cgi with an exciting and well made family story.

Beautiful cgi with an exciting and well made family story.

• birlink50
    2h ago

Meh, I like Ryan Reynolds as deadpool, but he needs more experience in video game movies

• 2h ago

It had its moments when Ryan Reynolds seemed to be able to carry the movie as a Pokémon but ultimately he wasn't given the freedom he needs to create a true comedic experience to save the audience from poor acting and a relatively dull story line. A few good scenes featuring Pokémon battles and the like will make this one bearable but in the end you'll be left wanting something more from the expansive Pokémon universe you know so well already. We can only hope that that something will come in the form of sequels or other additions to this new live action Pokémon brand of movies.

• 3h ago

If ya like da pokeymanz, then you'll luv dis movie. If ya don't likes da perkamins, you'll at least be casually entertained. And dats all ya could really ask for, chief