Price Check Reviews

• May 11, 2017

Posey is fantastic here as the BPD boss, and, even though Price Check can't make up its mind on whether it's a workplace comedy or a morality drama, she carries the scenes through their uneven writing and pacing. My guess with the ending is that they either didn't have the courage or budget to carry things through to darker places they were obviously headed before wrapping things up with a nice saccharine bow.

• Dec 04, 2016

Middle class family, job, promotion, stress free life, and fall and rise. I agree with the majority that this is not the best film, but not bad either. The problem with it was the slow start and slow middle part, but the final act was so good. When I was watching it, I did not think I would rate it decently. I changed my mind after seeing the final few minutes and how it all ended. The film focused on a middle class family man who is working in a supermarket chain. But this is particularly about him and his boss. After he declined the top position in the office to lead a stress free normal life, his new boss who gets close to him for his good character. That complicates him, between office and family. When a big opportunity knocks, followed by a roadblock, what happened after that was covered in the remaining narration. Basically, the whole film was concentrated between two plus one character and occasionally supporting cast. As the poster hint, it's not Parker Posey's film, she was only part of it and a famous name among the cast. Though, actors like Amt Schumer and others are in small roles. So the performances were good, with the decent storyline. This is not a famous film, I don't think many had seen it or heard of it. It was more like a television film, the quality wise, especially for the holiday season. I Think it can be watched once with a low expectation, particularly the comedy parts. 6/10

• Jul 28, 2016

I'm Just on the ropes with this film....and almost think it would have been better off as a more focused drama...because of the strong domestic and moral issues which seem to stand out from the storyline. 2.5 stars

• Oct 21, 2015

this movie sucks! but Parker Posey is a riot in this! she's the only reason I kept watching!

• Aug 25, 2015

Very watchable, great performance by Posey, but the ending is dull and the events in LA are a bit of a push. The film felt a bit rushed, it could have used another 20 minutes to explore the subject and tie loose ends.

• Jul 26, 2015

Parker Posey is amazing in this one.

Parker Posey is amazing in this one.

• Jun 26, 2015

Pretty sure they lost some footage from the third act. Solid till then.

Pretty sure they lost some footage from the third act. Solid till then.

• Nicki M Super Reviewer
    Sep 21, 2014

Ending was a little flat - I really expected a big comeback, but actually it went full circle to the beginning of the movie. Hard work, nice things, nice family, time poor. Parker Posey as Susan is the boss from hell - mentally unbalanced, driven, enough to do your head in, quite honestly. Watching Pete get sucked into her web was horrifying. I can see why this wouldn't be the most popular movie, but it's well done and I enjoyed the various characters and office politics.

• Aug 28, 2014

This is movie has a really interesting and realistic script. Parker Posey is great and gives another entertaining and well acted performance. Eric Mabius is also very good in this film. I would definitely recommend this film.

• Jul 21, 2014

Parker Posey failed miserably to come off as an alpha female, and the male lead could not have been more bland. Also, I have to question the validity of the message of the film as it seems to say that in order to ascend to "upper middle class", you have to be immoral.