Quigley Down Under Reviews

• 6d ago

I am really disappointed that Selleck would be a part of this divisive, anti-white racist, and FALSE propaganda! My God, help us. This is the absolute false re-writing of history. This movie was so terrible on so many quarters that it defies wisdom. I can only hope that there are enough people that actually study history to know the this is dribble...

• Feb 17, 2019

I love Westerns but avoided this movie for literally decades because I thought it had to be hokey if Tom Selleck was the lead. (Great TV guy, movies? Up for debate). Well, let me tell you, I finally checked this out and found it to be top-notch. Selleck is truly solid in this. Gotta be the best film on his resume. The story is great. The action is fun and perilous. Oh yeah, and it doesn't hurt to have one of the greatest villain actors of all time, Alan Rickman, co-starring and being his usual sly, devilish self. This flick WAY surpassed what little expectation I had. It is a fun watch on many levels. Shame on me for not checking this out 30 yrs ago.

• Feb 13, 2019

10/10 would recommend watching.

10/10 would recommend watching.

• Jan 18, 2019

One of the greatest movies ever

One of the greatest movies ever

• Jan 16, 2019

I've been learning recently about how many of my friends and relations really love this movie. I started watching it months ago, and turned it off when the hokey soundtrack started playing at the docks. I shouldn't have. After watching the rest, I concluded that the central conflict was absurd, but the execution (literally) of the conflict was quite well done. To use a phrase, "he started it!" Quigley, that is. Why did he throw Alan Rickman out of his house? Why not just quit and go back home, upon hearing about his nasty duties? Well, no movie then. Or a really boring one. Alan Rickman was a superb villain though. He was the price of admission.

• Mar 27, 2018

My favorite movie of all time, great acting and an even better plot surrounding cultures I never knew much about beforehand.

• Mar 02, 2017

This movie is a lot better than most would imagine - I've seen it a few times, and it still holds up. But you know what prevented it from being better reviewed and more popular? THE MUSIC. Speaking as a professional musician who dabbles with soundtracks a bit, the music can make a film fly or die. All the classic films have one thing in common: great music beds and scores. This one didn't. It was almost like the director just gave up and let the composer pull out every cliche "epic western theme" and plugged it in wherever, with no sense of driving the scenes or building tension, tenderness or excitement. So if you watch this movie (I hope you do), imagine if a truly quality composer like a Bernstein or Ennio Morricone or Thomas Newman or John Williams had done this music - totally different film.

• Feb 27, 2017

An enjoyable outing for Tom Selleck. He is at his best when giving a light almost comedic delivery of a character that could have been easily been over done. Alan Rickman and Laura San Giacomo both provide the extra chemistry and quips to make this movie enjoyable anytime you watch it.

• Feb 19, 2017

What can i say? It's a feel good cheesy spaghetti western. Who doesn't love that?

• Oct 15, 2016

Awesome movie. Great heart and message.

Awesome movie. Great heart and message.