Radioland Murders Reviews

• Apr 25, 2020

Campy hilarious masterpiece.

Campy hilarious masterpiece.

• Aug 22, 2019

Fun and fast. I like this movie, Clue was great and did not need a sequel to dim it's shine. Radioland is an emotional follow up to Clue. A crime happens and the suspects are funny. Also try "Murder by Death" I think of them as my Crime Comedy Trillogy. Understand that this movie came out in 1994, the graphics will look dated.

• Apr 05, 2019

Truly underrated as a film.

Truly underrated as a film.

• Aug 16, 2018

This is the most confusing movie I'd seen in my life. I watched Clue (1985) and it was good. Then I watched this. I only watched till halfway then I was brain-fried, not knowing what to think or feel. Murder mystery movie gone down the wrong path and crashed.

• Jan 12, 2018

George Lucas' vision is brought to life after years of development. With the help of Mel Smith's directory, "Radioland Murders" comes to life as a madcap whodunit comedy farce. The timing is slightly off the plot somewhat cheesy and camp, but it is a rather hilarious film and a wonderful love letter to the old radio programs.

• Jan 17, 2017

I can see why this failed at the box office. This is far from a great movie. It's not bad, but much better watched at home on your own television without an expensive ticket and an even more expensive massive container of popcorn. This is a mild mannered movie, more appropriate for a pleasant saunter down memory lane. The line about nothing replacing radio...I'm not sure if they meant it to be humorous, but sadly it is true. Radio drama is virtually unknown in this country (bless the BBC). It has become just another art form that is lost on Americans.

• Sep 02, 2016

It's funny, sure, but that doesn't mean it's good.

It's funny, sure, but that doesn't mean it's good.

• Jun 14, 2016

George Lucas who gave us Star Wars, gives us this lame whodunit comedy that could possibly be the worst movie of all time.

• Aug 12, 2015

Great and hilarious, never understood the bad reviews on this one !

Great and hilarious, never understood the bad reviews on this one !

• Jun 05, 2015

This is definitely one of the most underrated movies of all time. For some reason none of the critics seem to have liked it and it was a giant flop at the box office, which is a huge shame. It has a very classical sense of humor not seen in modern movies and really draws on its 1930's charm the whole way through. It's fast talking and nonstop slapstick all the way through. Sure, it gets a bit exhausting sometimes, but after awhile the sheer ridiculousness of how many slapstick stunts they pull in a minute begins to actually get enjoyable. Not in a, "wow that was done so well" sort of way, but more in a, "wow they are REALLY determined to get more falls in this movie". There are actually a lot of famous actors in this movie, although most of them are completely indistinguishable from their current selves. This movie is just a barrel of laughs and doesn't even remotely take itself seriously. I would put this in the same comedy bracket as Clue and Murder by Death and such movies. Maybe not as much on their level, but it definitely is a lot better than most people give it credit for. I saw this movie when I was younger and recently rewatched it and it retained far more of its comedy and rewatchablility than some other goofy comedies. Take a look at Dumb and Dumber and Spaceballs, if you go back and watch those movies now, you will be excruciatingly disappointed. Radioland Murders still manages to deliver plenty of laughs though.