Ramona and Beezus Reviews

• Apr 07, 2019

Live like there's no tomorrow!

Live like there's no tomorrow!

• Jan 26, 2019

i love its a diamond of there family

i love its a diamond of there family

• Jan 04, 2019

I read and enjoyed the books as a child. I watched this with my seven year-old daughter, and we both enjoyed it. It's cute, sweet, and very charming.

• Dec 06, 2018

I read the book when I was in the sixth grade and it was good! I liked the book. I watched the movie in the ninth grade and it was crap compared to the book! I hated the movie! If you've read the book, don't waste your time watching this movie. I was so deeply disappointed with this movie. The movie is almost completely inaccurate to the book. The movie was actually a mixture of the two storylines from two books in the same series which would be Ramona and Beezus and Ramona Saves the Day. The casting was horrible. None of the actors fit any of their characters. Selena Gomez was horribly cast as Beezus. Joey King was horribly cast as Ramona. The guy who played Henry Huggins was severely miscast. Josh Duhamel was miscast as Hobart Kemp. Out of all the casting choices, Selena Gomez was easily the worst. Selena Gomez has never been a good actress and she continues to prove that she is not cut out for acting in this film. A ton of things that happened in the movie never happened in the book. The characters weren't even accurate to their age from the book. Ramona was supposed to be 4 years old. Beezus was supposed to be in the fifth or sixth grade, she was supposed to be 11 or 12. Henry was supposed to be that same age too. Speaking of Henry Huggins, why did the writers make him Beezus' crush in this movie? They were only friends in the books! Beezus never had a crush on Henry! Hobart wasn't a rich person like he originally was in the book. All the character depictions are wrong. This movie had so much potential but was unfortunately wasted. The only true strength this movie had was its potential to be a good adaptation of the book. This movie was far too inaccurate to the book. I really hope this movie gets a reboot in at least a decade or two with a proper cast that fit their characters and with writers that respect the source material and with a better director. Rating: 4.9/10

• Aug 30, 2017

As a die hard Ramona and Beezus fan, this movie was extremely disappointing. Having read the books each probably more than a hundred times, I came with high hopes. Beezus is much too pretty and she had no romantic interest in the book to the person whom she supposedly likes in the movie. There are so many infuriating inaccuracies and I think it's awful that they clumped all the books into one, halfhearted attempt at a ripoff. The casting is also really horrible, the only character I'd keep is King. I pray that someone does a better version.

• Jul 25, 2017

One of my all time favorite movies! Try not to smile while watching it, I dare you.

• Jun 20, 2017

This movies got me through some real tough times. Were taking all day everyday for weeks. From waking up to going to sleep i would watch this.

• Aug 09, 2016

Ramona and Beezus isn't neither funny or inovative to create something more than the other movies of its genre already did, to not talk about the predictable narrative and the worst fake laugh ever in a movie.

• Aug 09, 2016

Really sweet, plenty of heart.

Really sweet, plenty of heart.

• Jul 10, 2016

I grew up reading these books to my little sister and I must say the film captures the spirit of the books quite well. Light, charming, and entertaining with a likeable cast- a simple but highly effective family movie.