Rampart - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rampart Reviews

November 24, 2016
I gave it 4 stars instead of 3.5 because its so well done for a slow boring drama.
July 18, 2016
When we are always on the look out for crime, bad guys and danger. When we are always looking out for our own police officers, citizens and community. When we are always looking out, as those looking out for us patrolling. When we lookout for other things, and don't look at somethings to know what great scope to look for. When we don't need to look out, when we make things up. When we are looking out for then the people, but our family.
½ June 11, 2016
Slow. Predictable. Boring.
½ May 12, 2016
Well acted all around, just kind of slow an uneventful.
½ May 11, 2016
OMG! I failed to read the correct reviews on this. I mistakenly read the critics review who of course have the worst taste in films imaginable. This movie drags like no other. Also let me spoil the ending for you. There is none! None, just ends. Holy crap I want the last two hours of my life back.
February 23, 2016
This movie SUCKS for committing the ultimate yet unfortunately not uncommon sin: IT HAS NO ENDING! After watching it, you'll be as pissed off as Woody Harrelson's twisted character. Woody is the only reason I gave it two stars.
½ February 5, 2016
Absolutely, without a doubt, one of the worst 10 movies I've ever seen. I can not find any way to allow myself to give kudos to the acting jobs when the ending was so asinine. I'm not even okay admitting I wasted 2 hours on that. Id have felt more accomplished doing laundry and cleaning the damn toilet, which is SADLY, where that movie belongs. What a horrible disservice to the amazing actors that lent their talents to this shit. I've not felt this robbed at the conclusive of a movie in eons.
January 11, 2016
Woody Harrelson is excellent as a man spirally out of control as his addictive personality takes hold. No clear cut ending to the film but this is an intimate film and its fairly unrelenting in its brutal depiction of how someone can just fall to pieces even as he tries to show outward strength to those at work and in his family life. Tough to watch but I think this is an under-rated film of the @leaving Las Vegas' ilk.
½ November 28, 2015
Dreary depressing up close & personal look at the life of a brutal corrupt summary justice type cop as scandal of his own making unravels his life.
½ November 25, 2015
interesting edgy drama. as far as crime dramas go it is slower paced at times than the usual with these type of movies but woody harrelson is engaging enough to keep you attention. he continues to show what a good actor he is at either drama or comedy.
November 14, 2015
Despite being a bit confusing at times Rampart works.
November 5, 2015
if you're looking for an entertaining,upliftingly appealing flick-DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME with this one.a real snoozer-yawn.
September 27, 2015
Rampart borders on excessively perverse as it presents the story of a corrupt cop on the streets of L.A. who takes the law into his own hands and writes his own code of ethics. The story itself tends to drag along with a lot of dialogue absent shots but the acting on behalf of Woody Harrelson is non other than superb and this alone makes it a film to watch. 3 stars
September 24, 2015
A tense drama film with good performances (specially by Woody Harrelson) and a right story.
½ August 16, 2015
Woody Harrelson is amazing in this solid solo piece.
July 19, 2015
Confusing.
A lot of star power and good acting, but rather weak story/story-telling.
Harrelson is good.
Several big stars with bit parts who were under-utilized, IMO.
½ July 11, 2015
The main character doesn't Rampart any young girls. I don't know why they used that name if that wasn't what the movie was about. Total disappointment. Maybe Woody Harrelson wasn't "up" to it.
June 8, 2015
I liked the look into this screwed up bad cops life and through his eyes. Strong acting, definitely recommend.
March 30, 2015
Decent Woody Harrelson flick. It's one you really got to have the time to sit down and watch as you literally see Harrelson's character crumbling and falling apart after his cop character is caught on camera beating the shit out of a black man with his night stick. The small cameos by Sigourney Weaver and especially Steve Buscemi are awesome.