Ratatouille - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ratatouille Reviews

October 10, 2016
This is one of the most interesting films from Pixar to me, mainly in terms of the basic story. It's very interesting. I really love the main character Remy. He's so passionate and talented. I'm always impressed with how much he knows about cooking. I like Linguini, although he's not that interesting to me. Colette on the other hand, I love. She's so feisty and hardworking. The animation is so good, and the atmosphere is great too. The way Paris looks in this movie is beautiful. The film also has good comedy and nice drama. I also really like the scenes in which Remy is talking to imaginary Gusteau. I really like the food critic Anton Ego. He has a great design. There are few problems I have with the film. Again, I like Linguini, but I just found him kind of bland. Though I do like him and Remy's relationship, I felt that it could've been stronger. I also found Skinner to be boring, though kind of funny. I really wanted to know more about the rest of the staff. They actually have pretty interesting backstories. My most favorite part of the film is the ending. I love the review that Ego writes. It is so thought-provoking and deep. The ending is bittersweet with the restaurant getting closed, but Remy and company opening a bistro. I think these two elements, along with a lovable main character, a good story, great atmosphere, great animation, and good laughs make, to me, Ratatouille a good, strong movie. It has problems, but the good stuff is worth seeing. It's one of my favorites from the studio. Ratatouille is a delicious delight that I'll definitely return to in the future.
September 30, 2016
It seems like Brad Bird makes the best animated movies, and this is a good example.
September 17, 2016
With Brad Bird's direction corresponding into Ratatouille, expect exquisite animation and a wonderful cast that allows each character to make the film more relevant.
½ September 5, 2016
Ranks up there among Pixar's best efforts
September 2, 2016
One of my all time favourites
August 12, 2016
It was amazing. I couldn't say a word.
½ August 8, 2016
"What I say is true - anyone can cook... but only the fearless can be great."

Cooked to (almost) perfection

Ratatouille was a masterpiece when I first saw it, I used to love...and I mean LOVE to cook. But the passion faded and I attached to different sources of stimulus (film, for example). Watching this again, bought back some magic to me.

Ratatouille is delicately animated. Adding detail to our protagonist Remy in his animation as well as the food, decor and atmosphere of Paris. Pitch perfect timing of drama, suspense, comedy, joy, love, passion and emotion, It's a soap opera for the senses.

One of my only issues with this animated feature, is that it balances so much on cooking well, it's message on the whole togetherness of family seems a little too 'unseasoned' if you'll excuse the reference. It's a 'grumpy dad' v 'rebellious son' antic for drama. Been there, done that.

Other than that, Ratatouille shines a spotlight on culture, criticism and creativity from unexpected sources. Amazing.

½ July 28, 2016
Not my favourite Pixar film but it's definitely great
½ July 26, 2016
A very rare gem for an animated movie.
I loved it sooo much when I first saw it. Highly, highly entertaining and has a magical feel to it. Amazing animation, amazing story, amazing voice acting.
Such a wonderful movie that's rare to find these days.
Score: 9.7/10 (Amazing).
½ July 25, 2016
I expected something more. The ending pissed me off too. Now I sound like the critic in the movie.
July 17, 2016
It shows food like no one else showed before,and it's powerful story would make you clap.
July 16, 2016
Ratatouille is a interesting film about a rat who wants to do nothing but cook for his life and gets the help from a human.
This movie has some great stuff in it with the way the characters are betrayed in France. The story is good, the characters are very likeable, the music has that nice touch of it since it's set in France & as always with Pixar movies the animation is very well done as specially in this movie the way the food looks and the way it's made is so realistic.the only thing I didn't like about the movie was that the human Linguini who helps out the main character Remy he's too much of a cliched wimp as in not very good at particular things I get the point of him but I feel like Pixar could have done better with him.
But aside from that Ratatouille is a good movie a must watch if you have the time to for anyone into cooking, animation and of course a fan Pixar.
I give this film a 8.5 out of 10 a nice touch for a film set in Paris France.
July 15, 2016
Ratatouille is by far the worse Pixar movie ever. This movie makes the bar that was in space and shot it down into the bottom of the ocean. I don't know why people would ever want to see this piece of garbage. I hated this movie and would not recommend this movie to any living human.
July 15, 2016
Ratatouille is an inspiring film that anyone can do anything. This movie is about a rat that has always wanted to be a chef. However, Ratatouille does take a step down in Pixar movies. I don't think this is one of Pixar's best movies. Although, the plot of the movie is inspiring and amazing. I would suggest this movie.
½ July 15, 2016
I thought this movie was an excellent Pixar film and it is up with the toy story's and the other Pixar greats!!!
July 9, 2016
If you like cooking shows then this is great for you and if it's not after watching it you will start to watch cooking shows.
July 6, 2016
Ratatouille is one of my favorite Pixar movies because not only is it visually dazzling (like every Pixar movie), not only is it smartly written to where it blends drama and comedy gracefully, and not only do the cast of voice actors do a great job, but it's so downright charming that you can't help but keep a smile on your face throughout most of the movie, which is surprising since our main protagonist is a rat, a very likable and relatable rat for that matter. So, in the end, Ratatouille is a smart, inventive, charming movie that makes you want to revisit it again and again.
½ June 28, 2016
Disney and Pixar delivered as usual, but it still compares niether to the monsters of Toy Story, Finding Nemo, or The Incredibles. Still the film has a good story with jokes directed for both kids and adults. Film has heart and a message that gets across fairly well. Remmie was a fairly well thought up character being the out of place rat that is looking to live his dream as a chef in a world where rats don't belong clinging to the ideal that "Anyone can cook." Nicely done and would reccomend for kids and adults of all ages as a good Family film. B
½ June 28, 2016
Marvelous movie about the outsider and his acceptance
½ June 24, 2016
Ratatouille is one the Disney-Pixar's heartwarmingly charming film with its interesting characters in a beautiful story. Top-notch Paris-y animated atmosphere and score is what makes the moviegoers love Ratatouille, a delicious animation meal.