Ratatouille - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ratatouille Reviews

August 14, 2017
I love how soulful and simple this is, especially for Pixar. Sort of your basic guy-doing-something-he-shouldn't-be-able-to-do story, it's tender, funny and utterly joyous. The food animation is vibrant and enticing, and every single time we're in that bustling kitchen is a gem, especially when Remy is in the hat. Watching this again makes me long for the next original Pixar outing.
August 9, 2017
"Anyone can cook"

Have you ever wondered if rats have dreams and ambitions too? Well they do. A story focused around a rat wanting something more out of a stereotypical dumpster-diving life, Ratatouille is another Pixar masterpiece. The irony of a rat being the head chef and basically best chef in Paris just shows you that Brad Bird is on another level than other animators/directors when telling a story. Patton Oswalt voices the main character, Remy, a lovable, determined, and gifted rodent who aspires to be a cook. After being forced out of his home and separated from the rest of his family, Remy finds himself in the great food city of Paris. He later stumbles upon a human named Linguini who takes him in and together they help one another restore the tattered reputation of Gusteau's.
There are two recurring themes spread throughout the movie and these are exceeding expectations and doubt of capability. The quote that is scattered throughout the movie is "Anyone can cook". This means exceeding expectations that others have on you. The two themes of this movie go hand-and-hand. When others doubt your capability you have to exceed their expectations they have in order to be successful. Remy's father doubted his ability to be a cook numerous times throughout the movie. He explained that humans are dangerous by showing him the dangerous contraptions humans have to kill rats; therefore he shouldn't go near them. He is very unsupportive of Remy's dream until the very end where he saw how perseverant and passionate he was. Another scene from the movie where doubt is evident is when Anton Ego, the food critic, builds up hype around his second visit to Gusteau's. He doubts Gusteau's ability to serve him a decent meal and when he's served the Ratatouille meal, he is overcome with joy and is eager to meet the chef (Remy). The ability of Pixar to capture this moment that Ego has of flashing back to a childhood memory and comparing the meal to the warmth and safety of his home relates to all of us so well. Anton Ego indirectly doubted Remy, a rat, to prepare him a delicious meal and when he met Remy, it was apparent that Gusteau's famous quote "Anyone can cook" was true. Pixar does such a wonderful job in all of their movies with this where, with careful observation, there are hidden messages that directly translate to the real world. If you are truly passionate about something, then go for it. There's going to be periods of doubt you or others might have in you, but you need to overcome those doubts in order to exceed expectations.
I love Pixar because it has an amazing ability to hit every emotion in such a brilliant way that makes it standout from other animation companies. Their ability to create a relationship/connection between the characters and the audience makes their storytelling so tremendous. The genre may say children and family, but these movies are truly for all ages. Giving his review on Gusteau's at the end of Ratatouille, Anton Ego says, "I will be returning to Gusteau's soon, hungry for more." This movie will do just that; Ratatouille is so good and you will be left wanting more, and that is why I highly recommend seeing it.
½ August 4, 2017
It's an stunning experience of flavours and feelings!
Ratatouille is an great movie with so much creativity. A rat being a cooker may not seem initialy a good recipe for a great movie, but the truth is that it is! Remy was very charming and likable character, as also the suporting characters. The animation looks beautiful and the soundtrack took me to what I imagined it was Paris. Ratatouille is ''trés magnifique''!

|It's an 8,6 out of 10|
August 3, 2017
Ratatouille has all the right ingredients mixed in together to create a delicious recipe for an amazing animated movie, and it's all thanks to the cooks in the kitchen at Pixar combined with the talent of an excellent animation director known as Brad Bird. A must-see for any Pixar fan.
July 26, 2017
When a story makes you understand a whole picture of something as easy as a Ratatouille was made by a rat, then you will act rather laidback and start inhailing.
½ July 20, 2017
The animation, kitchen antics and captivating (and unlikely) protagonists add another adventure worth seeing to Pixar's empire.
July 20, 2017
Ratatouille proves (if The Incredibles didn't already) that Brad Bird & Pixar are a winning combination. A wonderfully entertaining triumph. Ratatouille is a visually pristine spectacle with substance-filled characters & story; fantastic addition to Pixar's arsenal of awesomeness. Ratatouille's witty, inventive script produces an evenly-paced film; allowing audiences to fully develop emotional attachment to characters. Ratatouille's 'wannabe rat-chef' concept is genius. A longer runtime and more subtle humour may not cater to younger audiences quite as well as other Pixar films. Neither of Ratatouille's minor issues spoil the broth, however. It's a joy to watch & provokes affection for pretty repulsive animals! Ratatouille is a wonderful concoction of Pixar brilliance. It also holds as a unique Pixar film, both in concept and style.
July 12, 2017
It was soo good. Everything ended the way I wanted it to. It was too cute and funny too. All ages would think it was funny.
July 8, 2017
I love this film so much. Ratatouille is such a fun and outstanding animated film that brad bird directed best film ever. It's an oldy but a goody well done best film ever.
July 3, 2017
Easily the best film Pixar has ever and probably will ever make. Bird makes the strange concept work, and while that is impressive he also makes some interesting and complex (for a kids movie) points about art.
June 28, 2017
In my opinion the best Pixar movie :)
June 27, 2017
Amusing and insightful; a memorable and spectacular animated film that bursts with entertaining, all the while carrying an authentic purview of Parisian food culture.
½ June 25, 2017
Très créatif... Je l'ai aimé XD Peter O'Toole, I should have suppossed it was you behind the deep voice of Anton Ego XD
June 24, 2017
THIS MOVIE IS SO AMAZING I FEEL LIKE EATING SOME FRENCH FOOD
½ June 24, 2017
This is one Pixar movie that kids and adults will both enjoy. The animation is just wonderful, the characters are very likeable and memorable, the pacing is really great, funny jokes, and the story is among one of the BEST that I have seen from Pixar. I love the friendship between Remy and Linguini, and I also love how Remy is such an optimistic and highly intelligent character. Another thing that I love so much about this movie is how the relationship between Linguini and Collette blossoms throughout the movie. 9.5 out of 10 , this movie is so amazing that even Gordon Ramsay would love it!
June 23, 2017
This is the best movie I have seen all summer this year so far. The animation keeps getting better and better every thing looked so good and real but still looking like a animated feature. This movie is great for kids and adults alike. there is a great story behind the movie and it has a very realistic ending except for the fact that a rat can cook. The acting was great and the art in the ending credits were excellent.
Two thumbs up fro this film
½ June 20, 2017
This movie makes me hungry.
June 18, 2017
It's very good, but it's sorta forgettable.
June 16, 2017
This is my favorite Disney Pixar Movie out of all of them. I love how a little rat could have such big dream. He makes every one of those dreams come true in this inspiring movie.
June 16, 2017
Highly underrated. Without a doubt one of the most charming and imaginative Pixar movies of all time. Having trouble with your kids not wanting to try new foods? Show them this movie. HAVING TROUBLE BELIEVING IN YOURSELF? WATCH THIS MOVIE. It's good for what ails you.