Ratatouille - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ratatouille Reviews

½ July 25, 2016
I expected something more. The ending pissed me off too. Now I sound like the critic in the movie.
July 17, 2016
It shows food like no one else showed before,and it's powerful story would make you clap.
July 16, 2016
Ratatouille is a interesting film about a rat who wants to do nothing but cook for his life and gets the help from a human.
This movie has some great stuff in it with the way the characters are betrayed in France. The story is good, the characters are very likeable, the music has that nice touch of it since it's set in France & as always with Pixar movies the animation is very well done as specially in this movie the way the food looks and the way it's made is so realistic.the only thing I didn't like about the movie was that the human Linguini who helps out the main character Remy he's too much of a cliched wimp as in not very good at particular things I get the point of him but I feel like Pixar could have done better with him.
But aside from that Ratatouille is a good movie a must watch if you have the time to for anyone into cooking, animation and of course a fan Pixar.
I give this film a 8.5 out of 10 a nice touch for a film set in Paris France.
July 15, 2016
Ratatouille is by far the worse Pixar movie ever. This movie makes the bar that was in space and shot it down into the bottom of the ocean. I don't know why people would ever want to see this piece of garbage. I hated this movie and would not recommend this movie to any living human.
July 15, 2016
Ratatouille is an inspiring film that anyone can do anything. This movie is about a rat that has always wanted to be a chef. However, Ratatouille does take a step down in Pixar movies. I don't think this is one of Pixar's best movies. Although, the plot of the movie is inspiring and amazing. I would suggest this movie.
½ July 15, 2016
I thought this movie was an excellent Pixar film and it is up with the toy story's and the other Pixar greats!!!
July 9, 2016
If you like cooking shows then this is great for you and if it's not after watching it you will start to watch cooking shows.
July 6, 2016
Ratatouille is one of my favorite Pixar movies because not only is it visually dazzling (like every Pixar movie), not only is it smartly written to where it blends drama and comedy gracefully, and not only do the cast of voice actors do a great job, but it's so downright charming that you can't help but keep a smile on your face throughout most of the movie, which is surprising since our main protagonist is a rat, a very likable and relatable rat for that matter. So, in the end, Ratatouille is a smart, inventive, charming movie that makes you want to revisit it again and again.
½ June 28, 2016
Disney and Pixar delivered as usual, but it still compares niether to the monsters of Toy Story, Finding Nemo, or The Incredibles. Still the film has a good story with jokes directed for both kids and adults. Film has heart and a message that gets across fairly well. Remmie was a fairly well thought up character being the out of place rat that is looking to live his dream as a chef in a world where rats don't belong clinging to the ideal that "Anyone can cook." Nicely done and would reccomend for kids and adults of all ages as a good Family film. B
½ June 28, 2016
Marvelous movie about the outsider and his acceptance
½ June 24, 2016
Ratatouille is one the Disney-Pixar's heartwarmingly charming film with its interesting characters in a beautiful story. Top-notch Paris-y animated atmosphere and score is what makes the moviegoers love Ratatouille, a delicious animation meal.
½ June 23, 2016
My thoughts on RATATOUILLE

As another animated film being directed by Brad Bird, there was no denying the fact that this was going to be great, especially when coming from Pixar. It didn't seem like an idea that kids would be interested in, a rat who wants to be a chef. But they would probably still enjoy it. It's a pretty odd idea too, since these two things obviously don't go together.

As a kid, I liked it fine. I just thought it was cute seeing a rat wanting to become a chef, but never thought why or how, I just accepted the idea and went along with it. But, like any Pixar movie, I really started to understand the story as I got older and I get something new out of it every time I watch it. The idea of a rat wanting to cook makes sense when the moral of the story is that anyone can cook. Obviously, it's not possible for a rat to cook, but the moral represents that even the most unlikely people can become a chef or whatever occupation they're going for, exceeding expectations. I LOVE the dialogue written in this movie, it is so compelling and thought-provoking. It's especially interesting for people who are willing to become a chef or wanting to judge something, which explains why I love listening to the dialogue, I'm judging something right now.

The animation makes the film's atmosphere feel so delightful. The warm and rich colors in the backgrounds make every single shot look like something out of a beautiful painting. Just look at those shots of Paris, they are gorgeous! Add Michael Giacchino's brilliant score and you feel like you're really in Paris. Oh, and the food... I can't even describe enough how amazing the food looks! Just looking at it makes me want to salivate. Warning, do not watch this film on an empty stomach. And the character designs on the humans look very creative and cartoony, and you can tell since Brad Bird directed the movie. It gives the characters a lot more personality and makes them memorable.

But are the characters interesting? Well, not all of them. The characters that I think are the most interesting are the side-characters, but they aren't given enough screen time. They give the other chefs these really interesting backstories and makes me want to learn more about them and see more of their interactions, but they're mostly set off to the sideline. The film is mostly centered on the friendship between Remy and Linguini, which I don't think is nearly as interesting. Linguini is just your typical dork who is looking for a job, nothing about really makes him stand out. The head chef, who is the villain, is not very interesting either, he just wants to capture the rat to keep the restaurant from closing down. But his motivations are understandable, he's just following orders.

Another problem is that I think there are a few too many subplots. There's a conspiracy about who really owns the restaurant, there's a critic who wants to shut down the restaurant by giving it a bad review, there's a realization that Linguini is in fact the son of the now dead owner of the restaurant, there's a romance between Linguini and Colette, and the head chef gets fired who then wants to take down the restaurant as well. That's a little too complicated for kids and even adults to follow. That's one of the few weaknesses of Brad Bird's work, that even though the story is well though out and well written, the narrative structure isn't very flowing. I mean, it works fine, but maybe it could've been easier to follow if after one or two more rewrites.

But that in no way says that I don't like RATATOUILLE, I actually love it. Yeah, I think there are some serious flaws with the film, but there are so many good things about it, and it works unbelievably well. The music, the animation, the dialogue, the FOOD, and the overall atmosphere still makes this a very solid Pixar film.

Grade: A-
½ June 19, 2016
I never knew a movie about rats could be so charming.
½ June 19, 2016
Ratatouille is delightfully unique and funny at the same time, with animation that will have salivating over it, hungry for more. And it's ending is probably one of Pixar's most powerful overall. Simply fantastic.
½ June 16, 2016
This movie is just amazing. The only flaw is the beginning that scene was a little corny
½ June 15, 2016
This movie was my childhood :)
June 5, 2016
Its animation is impressive and its idea is original, but its blatantly obvious moral is overstated many times and is harshly downplayed by the absurdity of the story and long run time.
May 30, 2016
Now this is how Pixar should be they come from a terrible cars movie to this movie and it is amazing
May 22, 2016
What can be said about this movie? It is another good Pixar movie that is original and creative.
May 17, 2016
This was a charming funny movie and kids will like this movie I bet same with family