Red Sparrow Reviews

• Oct 13, 2019

The parts I saw were shot well... But I missed a bunch of the story because I won't watch graphic nude scenes, sexual acts, and especially rape. And since almost all the sex was forced by her handlers, they were all rape in my opinion. There were literally so many rape scenes that they used them to cram in dialogue. I fast forwarded through so much dialogue that I really was lost as to what the story was about around 80 minutes in... Then I realized there was an hour left. I couldn't take it - I quit the movie.

• Oct 07, 2019

I enjoyed the movie. It was a twist on the female spy. I hope there's a sequel.

I enjoyed the movie. It was a twist on the female spy. I hope there's a sequel.

• Oct 06, 2019

This movie requires you to think, analyze and be more a participant than a viewer. I put off watching for awhile due to poor reviews but damn, I wish I hadn't. Subtlety and precision aren't going to spoon-feed you this movie, you have to pay attention. Bravo to the only movie that ever got me to write a review. 🙌

• Oct 02, 2019

Jennifer Lawrence has gone up in my estimation, after her very gritty performance in this film... definitely worth watching as long as you have a strong stomach, as it does get rather intense in places.

• Sep 28, 2019

Very unrelentingly solemn, but interesting. For entertainment watch The Death of Stalin.

• Sep 25, 2019

It takes a lot of hate. But jennifer Lawrence is one hell of an actress she can play just about any roll she is given.

• Sep 15, 2019

Big Nope. Possible B movie down the road, so bad it's good, but not yet.

Big Nope. Possible B movie down the road, so bad it's good, but not yet.

• Sep 11, 2019

It tries too hard to be confronting and ends up awkward.

It tries too hard to be confronting and ends up awkward.

• Sep 10, 2019

it doesnt hold back.

it doesnt hold back.

• Sep 08, 2019

If you've ever had any illusions about life in Russia, this movie should cure you of them. Nudity and brutal violence makes this film unsuitable for younger viewers and some older ones too.