Religulous - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Religulous Reviews

October 27, 2017
Bill Maher is an atheist, like many of you on here... I have to hand it to him and all of you, really! Your all so smart and lost! Tell me this, how do you not believe in something that's not real? Hmmm, interesting.. Let me give all of you some good advice, k, you better start finding out, and I mean very soon! If your right or wrong? Because trust me, you DO NOT want to be wrong, because the place that you go is very real! And honestly, I don't want that for anyone, even BILL MAHER!
October 10, 2017
HE INTERVIEWS PEOPLE AND CUTS THEM OFF AS SOON AS HE HEARS SOMETHING HE DOESN'T AGREE WITH. I like the documentary but let the people talk! It's not an interview if the people are continuously interrupted and unable to even finish a sentence!
August 29, 2017
Maravilhoso! Todo mundo que tem religião deveria ver esse filme!!!
July 25, 2017
Tackling the potential dangers of religious belief is a minefield, but that doesn't mean many haven't attempted it. Bill Maher, best known for his show Real Time, a famous opponent of organised faith, tackles the subject with gusto and his trademark sarcastic, biting humour. I'm a big Maher fan, not just because I think he's hilarious, but because he isn't afraid to speak his mind, regardless of how against the grain his opinions may be. It's true that Religulous is a film more for people who already have an axe to grind with religion, and will likely not be too warmly received by those who believe in a God, but it's undeniable that his discourse with priests, rabbis, evangelicals and even alleged descendants of Christ, is infinitely illuminating as well as darkly funny. Maher pokes and prods at the questions of faith which have been asked for centuries, and is unfortunately unable to obtain many definitive answers, but the fact that this is so really says something about those who frequently purport to being in possession of them. Some might find the film cheap and insulting, but I don't think Maher set out to make people happy, he set out to make them think. His natural instinct is comedy, but the laughs bring out a certain tragic realisation; that those who claim to have the answers are none too pleased when someone dares to ask the questions. Religulous is a having a dig at religion, no doubt, but it certainly is entertaining in the way it does so.
June 30, 2017
Religulous no es precisamente un buen documental. Casi parece el loco intento de Bill Maher de dejar mal a toda persona religiosa con la que se cruza. Una especie de intento de ir a hacer daño a las religiones organizadas con el único pretexto de hacerlas quedar mal antes las cámaras. No está muy bien rodado, ni editado, ni guionizado, ....

Ahora sí, si como yo, eres una persona que está totalmente encontra de todo tipo de religión organizada, al menos disfrutarás de 100 minutos de Maher dando caña a los más variopintos personajes. Al menos si podemos decir que muchos de ellos se merecen la metafórica paliza y los que no, el propio Maher parece incluso hacer quedar bien y pasar un buen rato con ellos.

No veas Religulous como una especie de documental del que aprenderás algo (salvo lo ridicula que puede llegar a ser la gente) y tomatelo más como otra de las películas de Larry Charles, Borat, donde son las personas las que se autoepxponen a sí mismas como personajes ridículos y extraños.
January 12, 2017
Bill's a man of faith. Faith in humanity, morality, accountability and common sense that is.
January 11, 2017
Bill Maher + Religions = Provokingly Funny
January 2, 2017
Bill Mahr tries so hard to run this interesting discussion. It's still interesting despite him.
½ October 29, 2016
I never really believed in God and Heaven. So when Bill Mahr did this I was so proud, that finally the otherside of the agrument get their chance to explain. I think Mahr is an asshole but he's a funny ass motherfucker, and this movie over powers my dislike for him.
½ October 3, 2016
Preaching to the church. Would have worked better as a TV mini series
October 1, 2016
Released in 2008, and 8 years later, its message is just as relevant
August 7, 2016
Si seulement nous étions plus nombreux comme ça..
½ July 7, 2016
Bill Maher gives religion the slap in the face it deserves.
June 27, 2016
WARNING: Not for uber religious folks.  I really enjoyed this.  Maher says at the beginning that it's all about doubt but by the end it's very clear his position on religion.  I didn't know there was a Jesusland in FL.  Scary.  I also found it quite humorous how most people didn't get that he was making fun of them.  The reformed gay? Seriously?  I'm guessing he was never gay to begin with.  It's not a disease people, seriously!  I loved this; religious zealots may not. Recommended.
March 1, 2016
dosta interesen dokumentarec
February 16, 2016
I get what he was going for...it just seems pointless. Watch an episode of Real Time and you will get all of Bill's thoughts on these matters. And, like Real Time, Bill is unfunny and obnoxious the entire time.
February 13, 2016
Another movie about a comedian barely winning an argument that any idiot could win. However, this comedian makes the scientists and fact finders look bad in the progress.
February 1, 2016
"Grow up or die." I can dig it.
½ January 28, 2016
A great documentary.
½ January 7, 2016
An entertaining film in which Maher approaches in an eye-opening manner the undeniable danger represented by religion and the logical nonexistence of virtue in faith, although he also waters it down a bit by mainly targeting the most stupid kind of people that he can find.