The Rescuers Down Under Reviews

• Facebook U
    Aug 11, 2019

The Rescuers Down Under is the most popular animated Disney film with Mickey's The Prince and the Pauper and the ten-minute intermission sequence. In 2020, I wish we could see it again in movie theatres for real!

• Jul 28, 2019

As an Australian myself, I do think this is a very good movie! Although the story could be stronger, it is a very fun watch! 73/100!!!

• Apr 15, 2019

The best Disney sequel ever made. Beautiful animation, and awesome music. This movie is a recomendation for anybody, wether you like romantic, action or adventure movies.

• Mar 14, 2019

One of Disney's most overlooked family adventures films, and I'll never understand why. Just behold the breathtaking animation, and enjoy the likable characters to give you and your kids a wonderful time. 4.5/5 - Superb

• Dec 17, 2018

Di certo un enorme passo avanti rispetto al primo fallimentare capitolo, con una maggiore maturità generale che garantisce un grande intrattenimento visivo. Si comincia a vedere l'uso di nuovi effetti speciali che in futuro verranno ampiamente usati nel cinema d'animazione. Questo garantisce la presenza di sequenze molto convincenti, con animazioni nettamente migliorate rispetto ai decenni precedenti. La storia è la classica trama del classico Disney, che pur non offrendo niente di nuovo diverte con grande facilità.

• Nov 19, 2018

I loved this movie a lot, when I was a kid. Also, it reminds me of the iron Giant.

• Oct 25, 2018

One of the most beautiful and underrated Disney films ever.

One of the most beautiful and underrated Disney films ever.

• Jan 19, 2018

One of the best Disney traditionally animated sequels TO DATE. Just watching Cody take flight on Marahute is a spectacle on its own. Quite the fun adventure, with beautiful atmosphere.

• Jul 14, 2017

The Rescuers Down Under is not a bad movie. It just didn't make a lot of money because the film got lost in the winter rush. Perhaps not simply because of a small amount of marketing but also, more likely, because people were expecting another masterpiece following The Little Mermaid. The Rescuers 2 may be noted for having the least amount of attention within the Disney Renaissance to date. Yes, this is the Disney Renaissance movie that's more underrated than Hercules. While it does have some uneven quality and the there's only one primary Australian character within the film. The humans are American. What is it with Disney and having everyone in their movies, even if its a real-life setting, speak in American accents? Anyway, aside from those criticisms, the movie as a whole is actually not bad. I can imagine how groundbreaking the animation must've looked back then since it was the first digitally animated movie. And it stands the test of time pretty well. Not as well as Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and The Lion King but it's still nice to look at. Those flight scenes were pretty fun as well. I think a decent amount of people who watched it might consider spending their money on a 3D re-release. The guy voicing McLeach seems to be having the time of his life voicing him and John Candy is...better-than-average at voicing the brother of the albatross from the first movie. The animation for that giant rare eagle is amazing. It looks realistic but still manages to appeal to the younger crowd, however limited its screen time may be. While we may probably never get another Disney sequel that's part of the Classics, aside from the other two of course, I think this one is still worth your while. And it's not like most of Disney's movies require a continuing story. The era of direct-to-video Disney sequels everywhere is gone now.

• Jul 02, 2017

I don't get why this movie doesn't have a hugely positive reputation. It's exactly what the first Rescuers should have been! If you haven't seen this movie, you need to! It's such a cruelly underrated work of animation!