Resident Evil: Extinction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Resident Evil: Extinction Reviews

July 11, 2017
same ol same ol. If you've seen any in this series, there's nothing new here
JohnSilver
June 10, 2017
WoW ! wOw !! WOW !!! J'ai trouvà (C) ce film plus qu'excellent. Une suite excellente, extraordinaire. Plusieurs ne sont pas de mon avis, mais ... c'est mon prà (C)fà (C)rà (C) des 3 et de loin. La seule chose qui me dà (C)cois, c'est la fin, car elle dà (C)montre très clairement qu'il y aura une suite à ce troisième opus de la sà (C)rie. Selon moi, c'est trop poussà (C) cette fois.
NĂ (C)anmoins, reste que Milla Jovovich est tout simplement extraordinaire. Le moment oĂą elle se bat avec ses deux couteaux et que les zombies sont dans un conteneur, c'est ... un moment d'extase !!! :):):)
May 26, 2017
The great work on the video game to the movies
May 26, 2017
Mais do mesmo. Os personagens são frios, fruto da baixa qualidade do elenco, inclusive os zumbis com encenações hilárias que leva o filme a ficar patà (C)tico.
April 27, 2017
Again, like its predecessor, "Resident Evil: Extinction" suffers from a weak plot, lack of originality, and characters that don't have any development whatsoever. Again, it's all about style rather than substance. Trying to make Alice look cool while making other characters seem pointless and uninteresting. Nothing in this sequel brings anything new to the table. The only thing it brings is more inconsistencies like Alice having physic powers without any reasonings, Umbrella somehow manage to track Alice via satellite without giving us any hints that she has a chip inside of her (is she a robot or something?), and so on. It has a nice change of setting, but not enough to warrant a pass for this awful, boring, worthless piece of shit of a movie.
April 17, 2017
The most enjoyable entry in the series. Still dumb, still messy, somehow inexplicably fun.
April 12, 2017
An hour-and-a-half of nonsensical, zombie ridden action sequences strung together by a flimsy plot and forgettable characters. But it is a step up from Apocalypse.
½ March 17, 2017
I thought the multiple Alices were kind of cool
½ February 12, 2017
Say what you will about the startlingly bad climax, underdeveloped and painfully uninteresting characters, overwrought script and terrible performances; this action-horror fiesta is nothing short of exciting and fun. If we're being honest with ourselves, why else would we be here?
½ February 10, 2017
The most visually stunning of the franchise. Other than that...Boring, tame, and lackluster. Just needs a miniscule amount of effort, and maybe it could be entertaining
jamrcla
½ January 31, 2017
A good third part that was very different to the previous two, Mainly due to the fact that Raccoon City is destroyed and it's more of a road film this time, The plot was ok a little silly but it has some good action scenes and they're not as over the top as Apocalypse, We finally get introduced to Claire Redfield who was pretty good, Most of the cast return but Jill and Angie's disappearance was never explained yes Jill's was in future films but it would of been nice to at least get a mention of them, We are introduced to the zombie crows and a tyrant in this one, It does again have a few plot holes but it's still allot of fun and it's probably the most mature film in the series.
January 30, 2017
Arguably the best of the franchise. It's still a sloppy mess; and an unabashed ripoff of many other far better films, but this one at least delivers guilty genre entertainment.
January 28, 2017
Resident Evil Extinction manages to dumb down the plot, action, and characters since the last film, which is an impressive "accomplishment". As hard as I try to get invested in this post-apocalyptic series, the series just keeps getting dumber.

'Extinction' picks up a few years after the end of 'Apocalypse' as Alice left her group in hopes of keeping them safe from the remnants of Umbrella Corp, who are tracking Alice in order to produce more of the anti-virus. Meanwhile, Alice's life of solitude has apparently given her telekinetic abilities. Yes, it's just that ridiculous. But even with another new setting in the desert (ala Mad Max), the plot never takes any exciting twists and turns. In fact, I'm not entirely sure what any of the characters were ultimately trying to accomplish.

Characters that I thought were supposed to be important are either non-existent or given anti-climatic deaths. Plus, the zombies (or whatever they are calling the undead creatures) are now able to run around and climb on top of cars and buildings? I don't know about that.

Do I enjoy seeing Milla Jovovich in this role? Of course. She's been a constant bright spot through each of the first three films, but I find it hard to believe that it's enough to give a film like this a positive review. Iain Glenn is fittingly over-the-top, but why in the world does he turn into a prototypical monster in the end? At that point, the film is expectedly off the rails. Well, that's enough ranting about a film I could care less about.

+Milla always impresses

-What is the arc for the movie? Or any character at all?

-Nothing unique

4.6/10
½ January 28, 2017
This film makes the series's running formula very obvious: go here, fight zombies, go there, fight zombies, go in a building, fight zombies, leave a building, fight zombies, wait a little bit, fight zombies. Also, and this could just be me nitpicking, but I find the aesthetics very displeasing, as my mouth dries out completely just by looking at it.
January 28, 2017
1/21/2017: A pretty decent flick. Not as good as the first two, but still interesting with good action.
½ January 27, 2017
I decided to rewatch this film for the first time since its release just to see if there is anything in it I find mildly amusing or interesting. Bad move. "Resident Evil: Extinction" is mind-numbingly dull and intergalactically stupid. Milla Jovovich's Alice is one of the most bland characters ever put on screen; she is not likable or emotionally engaging, and she never earns the badassery that the filmmakers intended her to be. The action was neither exciting nor scary, it is full of plot holes, and I just found myself incredibly bored. Fuck this movie.
½ January 26, 2017
I love this series as it is just fun for me. I enjoy these films, especially if I'm just looking to watch a mindless action flick. My gripe with this one is the bogus PlayStation 2-like graphics when the mutated creature comes around. I also thought it was pretty funny that Milla's complexion and looks were perfect throughout the entire film (not that that is a complaint, she is stunning). The story is interesting enough to keep me invested and the ending I thought was really cool!
½ January 24, 2017
The third installment in the long running franchise brings things to a series high with some fun action and interesting set pieces. Yet W.S Anderson's script continues is typical nonsense.
Grade: C-
½ January 15, 2017
More of the same, but does keep the story going very well. Again this franchise as a whole is truly for fans more than anyone else.