Resident Evil: Extinction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Resident Evil: Extinction Reviews

October 17, 2016
Most exciting, most sex-full-ness. I just wanted Ali Larter to jump Milla the whole time. LOVE!
½ October 10, 2016
Love this movie great action.
August 20, 2016
I'm gathering a theme with these movies. Bunch of infected. Blow things up. The evil guy gets bit or is hungry for power or both. Anyways on to After Life next!
August 15, 2016
Extinction is a step up from Apocalypse, and proves to be one of the best in the series.
August 11, 2016
Resident Evil: Extinction is decent, but that's all it was.
½ August 11, 2016
The worst movie in the franchise. It's nothing more than a mix of almost every zombie movie trope in a horribly executed film.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Good third part a little different from the previous two but when the action starts it's very entertaining, Missed Jills unexplained exit, The effects were great and the story was good and told well it's the more mature entry in the Resident Evil series.
½ July 21, 2016
Certainly no worse than the last film, but another disappointing film from a franchise that started so well.
June 27, 2016
I have been a fan of the Resident Evil games for quite some time.  I remember playing in my old apartment when no one was home and hearing strange noises that weren't coming from the game.  In this aspect Extinction doesn't disappoint.  There are quite a few jumpy moments.  Also, Extinction introduces those bastard crows which can slowly pick you to death in the games.  But zombies, the backbone of the games, are a bit scarce in this film which terribly disappointed me.  I mean that was how the franchise started.  Why abandon it?  Instead Extinction focuses on Alice and a convoy of unimportant characters who soon meet their death headed by game fav Claire Redfield.  Returning are L.J. (Mike Epps) and Carlos (Oded Fehr).  Remember how funny L.J. was in Apocalypse?  He has no funny time here.  In fact he's the first of the convoy to go zombie.  Too bad.  He was funny.  I also didn't realize Las Vegas would look like Yuma if left to the desert.  Who knew?  The super saddest part of the flick is when Carlos gets chawed on.  Alas, he goes down like a true champ.  He plows the gas truck into the Umbrella stronghold in Vegas, finds a stashed joint and smokes it before he blows up the truck.  I'll miss you Carlos.  Good news for the remaining survivors the cure lies in Alice's blood!  But that's the last we hear of that.  Alice spends the remaining few minutes of the film threatening Umbrella's big boss Sunglasses Man with her newly formed clone army.  Weird eh?  I guess in the end I was just a little disappointed.  So I'll leave it up to you.
May 20, 2016
Well, we were at the Vegas premiere, might as well see it...
½ May 14, 2016
Though the general concept is interesting, nothing can change the fact that Extinction is far from being a good film.
May 10, 2016
It's always on the verge of becoming really entertaining (nearly turning into a post-apocalyptic Vegas heist movie at one point) before falling back on standard genre cliches.
½ May 8, 2016
Same old same old. Action, zombies, slow motion SFX sequences, and Mila Jovovich. This time with a Mad Max, end of the world theme.
½ May 7, 2016
I'm not with alot of people on this...I love this movie, Despite the bad reviews and all the shit talk i hear about it....I think the movies went in a better direction than the games..I mean Imbreds??? ???Come On
March 13, 2016
Best Resident Evil movie yet!
½ March 10, 2016
Not exactly sure how they went from my personal favorite B-movie to the worst movies I've seen in my entire life, but there you go.
½ February 29, 2016
The storyline builds quite nicely in the 3rd installment and the addition of a few more known actresses and actors, helps move this film forward. Unfortunately the special effects are still very rudimentary.
½ February 15, 2016
Grim, a real disaster from start to finish.
Jovovich doing Matrix-esque jumps and kicks in the desert with zombies oh dear.
February 6, 2016
Resident Evil: Extinction ... We join Alice and her friends on their journey through the Nevada desert to a underground Umbrella Research Center. We also meet Claire and Albert Wesker (for those who don't know, they are major characters of the popular game franchise). The action scenes were fun and enjoyable, the execution of the film could have been better, the soundtrack was great as was set design. Overall it was okay.