Resident Evil: Extinction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Resident Evil: Extinction Reviews

January 13, 2018
180111: No need to return this DVD. Will hold onto it as, really, this is not too bad of a film. Some good, post-apocalyptic zombie action and few scenes that made me jump. Watch loud and enjoy in simplicity.
½ January 7, 2018
Was pretty good until the evil scientist guy used the antivirus on himself and became a super mutant. The animation used for it was pretty cheap, so that may be why... but just thought that made the movie seem kind of fake.
½ December 31, 2017
Going for style over substance and failing comes the 3rd film. Oddly the film feels out of place with the previous films but that's not it's biggest problem. Copying Blade and failing miserably is...
This is just a poorly written, poorly directed hackfest.
November 9, 2017
Another dumb resident evil movie.
September 4, 2017
I think I've seen every installment of the Resident Evil series, and this one is as bad as the others if not the worst and the most tired of its own repetitiveness.
½ August 21, 2017
So there's a sense in which I enjoy the guts of this movie. Much like how the first two movies were love letters to Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead, this one--like Day of the Dead--is a post apocalypse movie.

But this post-apocalypse doesn't make any sense--and we're stuck with it for the next three movies. As much as the last movie screwed up the character of Alice, this movie just blows up their whole setting. The t-virus destroyed all the water? And all the wildlife? But you and your friends can truck around in your old western clothes, in your convoy of school buses and be fine? Somehow the umbrella folks are okay too, in some kind of big totally clean and provisioned underground lab...full of Alice clones? What?

It makes telling sequels in this setting...complicated.
August 15, 2017
The plot is just meh, but the action is amazing.
August 1, 2017
First half of the movie pretends to be The Walking Dead while another half poses as some Marvel-like trash. I'll leave 2 stars just because I did enjoy Milla's play.
½ July 31, 2017
Definitely a great improvement over the last two movies, more specifically the last one. Comparing to "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" the characters are more interesting and the story more engaging. It also accurately captures the feeling of a post-apocalyptic wasteland which is a refreshing change of scenery after being dragged through dark corridors an chambers with no hope in sight.
½ July 25, 2017
Action is nice, writing is not. Plus the characters brought from the video game look like they bought costumes from a discount cosplay store.
July 24, 2017
Mulcahy's film takes strong inspiration from several classics such as Mad Mad: Road Warrior. Creating a vast and bleak setting that works incredibly well with the intended action packed and entertaining tone. The addition of a more horror centric vibe as well as a competent blend of its action elements makes this sequel far more engaging and immersive. Performances are strong from Jovovich and Larter with the formers character focusing far more on her "powers" than I would like. All characters have a great dynamic and are all expendable once again making the tension and suspense all the more meaningful. However I do find some of the horror tropes far too predictable and the CGI a little sketchy, as well as the awful performance from O'Mara as Wesker.
July 11, 2017
same ol same ol. If you've seen any in this series, there's nothing new here
JohnSilver
June 10, 2017
WoW ! wOw !! WOW !!! J'ai trouvà (C) ce film plus qu'excellent. Une suite excellente, extraordinaire. Plusieurs ne sont pas de mon avis, mais ... c'est mon prà (C)fà (C)rà (C) des 3 et de loin. La seule chose qui me dà (C)cois, c'est la fin, car elle dà (C)montre très clairement qu'il y aura une suite à ce troisième opus de la sà (C)rie. Selon moi, c'est trop poussà (C) cette fois.
NĂ (C)anmoins, reste que Milla Jovovich est tout simplement extraordinaire. Le moment oĂą elle se bat avec ses deux couteaux et que les zombies sont dans un conteneur, c'est ... un moment d'extase !!! :):):)
May 26, 2017
The great work on the video game to the movies
May 26, 2017
Mais do mesmo. Os personagens são frios, fruto da baixa qualidade do elenco, inclusive os zumbis com encenações hilárias que leva o filme a ficar patà (C)tico.
April 27, 2017
Again, like its predecessor, "Resident Evil: Extinction" suffers from a weak plot, lack of originality, and characters that don't have any development whatsoever. Again, it's all about style rather than substance. Trying to make Alice look cool while making other characters seem pointless and uninteresting. Nothing in this sequel brings anything new to the table. The only thing it brings is more inconsistencies like Alice having physic powers without any reasonings, Umbrella somehow manage to track Alice via satellite without giving us any hints that she has a chip inside of her (is she a robot or something?), and so on. It has a nice change of setting, but not enough to warrant a pass for this awful, boring, worthless piece of shit of a movie.
April 17, 2017
The most enjoyable entry in the series. Still dumb, still messy, somehow inexplicably fun.
April 12, 2017
An hour-and-a-half of nonsensical, zombie ridden action sequences strung together by a flimsy plot and forgettable characters. But it is a step up from Apocalypse.
½ March 17, 2017
I thought the multiple Alices were kind of cool