Resident Evil: Retribution - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Resident Evil: Retribution Reviews

½ February 25, 2017
The fifth film in the series and we once again see alice battling against umbrella cooperation and the zombies themselves. With very little human population left alice desperately seeks to end it all. A crazy addition with non stop action, forget about the games and just enjoy this film as a all out action zombie slaying epic.
February 20, 2017
Why doesn't it end?! F
February 12, 2017
This is the point in this inexplicably long franchise where if you're here, you're not a new convert. And, as far as this movie is concered, if you're here you're likely enjoying yourself. Having grown up on the first two films, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy myself, shamefully so.
February 10, 2017
Trash. Overwhelming amounts of slo-mo, and tame action. Why are these rated R!? The weakest and most broken film in its franchise.
February 3, 2017
Spectacular action
Awesome cgi
If ur a fan of the series you know what ur in for
½ February 1, 2017
Pretty good bit confusing though
jamrcla
½ February 1, 2017
Nobody can say the story in this film isn't original because it's that ridiculous it's hard not to love it, It picks up straight away from Afterlife but for some reason Claire and Chris Redfield disappear without a mention (They like leaving us in the dark about things like this) But we have a returning Jill Valentine who is now under the control of Umbrella, She looks and even dresses like Jill in Resident Evil 5 the game, We get introduced to Leon who is played by Johann Urb who can't act one bit, Ada Wong and Barry Burton are also finally given the live screen treatment but are underused, We also get to see the Las Plagas zombies who were pretty cool, The action was great maybe a little over the top, The effects were good most of the time and the 3D was pretty good too, Probably one of my favourite Resident Evil films nut it's also one of the silliest but you got to say the final scene in this movie looks like we are set for an epic Finale.
January 29, 2017
This one is pretty crazy, and jumps a lot but none the less I enjoy this one quiet a bit, I enjoy crazy. I'm thinking in my top 2 or 3 at worst of the 6.
January 29, 2017
By far the weakest of the series and I was so looking forward to it!
January 28, 2017
Retribution I don't think is as bad as Afterlife, but it still is pretty lame. I like the premise of the story of Alice being stuck in their training facility, but I wish they would have stuck to that instead of having all this other crap. They try to bring some humanity back having Alice look after her fake daughter that came out of a simulation, and the ending is just dumb and from what I hear about Final Chapter, the previous 4 films are pretty much forgotten and they just do stuff in Final Chapter and its edited horribly. After this and reading up on Final Chapter, I won't be seeing it this weekend. I'll stick with the first 3 films I find to be guilty pleasures. Hopefully they reboot the franchise and actually make it scary like the games
½ January 28, 2017
About just as good as it's predecessor, this fifth chapter has many similar ups and downs compared to it. However, the plot does reveal a few very interesting twists at times, while at the same time, making the previous installment pointless with some events. Also, guess what? Go here, fight zombies, go there, fight the military this time, go in a building, fight more zombies, exit the building, fight more military.
½ January 28, 2017
1/26/2017: Just an ok movie. Better than the previous installment though.
January 26, 2017
I immensely enjoyed this movie! Ive been with resident evil since the beginning, and although i enjoy the games much more, this movie came close to capturing that magic. Its a popcorn movie and it knows that, it doesnt try to be anything more than what it is.
January 25, 2017
I always wonder how they keep making more of these and then I realized I'm the problem
January 25, 2017
A near endless onslaught of boring action, flat characters, mind numbing vid, and a non-existent story.
Grade: D+
January 15, 2017
A little better than prior sequels, but still more of the same. Fans will be pleased
½ January 3, 2017
Disgrace for the game
½ January 1, 2017
Sigh...this series just keeps getting worse and worse. Nonsensical violence and macho b.s.
December 20, 2016
Fantasy movie now I can't wait for the final chapter now that I am all cough up with all the resident Evil movies
December 20, 2016
This movie has so little too offer even the most dedicated Resident Evil fan, short of a massive list of iconic characters it literally brings nothing else to the table. The plot is incomprehensible and seems to almost negate the relevance of the older films.

I expected this to be another fun "guilty pleasure" action movie set in one of my favorite franchises in the video game world, sadly it is an utter disappointment.