Resident Evil: Retribution - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Resident Evil: Retribution Reviews

½ January 20, 2018
Better than Extinction, and just as good as the last one. However, I feel they really messed up by leaving parts out with Jill Valentine in the past, and then bringing her back up in this movie (just don't use her at all, in that case - come on). This movie literally makes you feel like you've missed something that they never even really explain. Other than that, I thought it was good.
½ January 1, 2018
Like the 4 previous films in this series, Resident Evil: Retribution never really ties anything together. Rather it just continues to create more questions. In fact, this recent addition in the series just creates even more confusion. It never bothers to explain what happened to characters that survived the last movie and why others that apparently died are still alive. Unlike the last two films that focussed on a post apocalyptic theme, Resident Evil: Retribution feels a lot like Resident Evil: Apocalypse. Characters just simply have to get from point A to B and fight some ugly monsters along the way. With few surprises or interesting additions, Resident Evil: Retribution should have been titled Resident Evil: Retread. Let's hope that the inevitable sixth film is better or at least the last in this series.
½ November 18, 2017
Another dumb resident evil movie with milla Jonovich.
½ August 10, 2017
Sooner or letter, the Story will finally come to an end :)
½ August 6, 2017
More of the same tired action sequences, below-par CGI and Matrix-wannabe effects. If you've seen one of these films, you really dont need to see any more, you're not missing anything
August 1, 2017
Pior filme da franquia, infelizmente, Retribuição não impressiona.
August 1, 2017
Completely meaningless and quite redundant. The story is incoherent and doesn't contribute much to the overall plot. Also, with the primary focus being placed on overdosed action scenes the whole movie seems forced and too formulaic - even for an action movie. On top of all this we're faced with unrelatable one-dimensional characters and insincere relationships. It would actually be beneficial for the franchise if this movie was never made.
July 24, 2017
Abruptly departs any horror elements after the first ten minutes which builds a plot that becomes not only redundant but is so irrelevant it feels like a gimmick. All the supporting cast are terrible, either they have no character depth - at all or the performances are horrible, such as Urb. This entry also has the strongest amount of female characters and the filmmakers and writers just have absolutely no direction in how to write them all in. The action is decent and serves its purpose well to entertain but cheats it's audience every chance it gets, especially with its climax that promises something spectacular but we'll see how that goes next time around won't we?
July 13, 2017
More of the same. It moves the overall plotline - Alice against the Umbrella Corporation - and brings back the Red Queen. It also sees the return of several actors who have appeared throughout the series, albeit as clones, pawns of the Red Queen. Nice little twist, but still not enough to kick it up a notch.
May 26, 2017
exotic good action based upon by the video game
½ May 20, 2017
Second viewing much better, first half good. Terrible acting, not much to story, ending fights terrible.
April 26, 2017
This is the fifth instalment in this series I believe, but to be honest, I can only remember what happened in the first one - All the others now tend to merge into one big bubble that gets forgotten about quite easily. All I know is that there are plenty more zombies, more lickers, and more characters from the video game involved, but as for the storyline, I'm kinda lost now. It's very much gone Sci-Fi in this film, with several heroes from past films now being cloned, and their surroundings are often being generated by computer as opposed to good old fashioned travelling. The best bits are still when the classic battles with the undead take place, with some bigger and badder boss creature lurking just around the corner - to its credit, this is so reminiscent of the video game style. Rarely do I allow myself to watch movies out of sequence, but I do seem to have witnessed this without remembering the events in previous episodes. In truth, it's clearly watchable as an independent release as I still enjoyed it, but I've given up trying to understand where we are in the actual plot. The way I see it, if a franchise is good enough, you'll remember everything about each part of it, but clearly I'm now suffering from the lack of originality and action this is currently delivering. The ending suggested there may be one last stand against the so called T Virus from spreading, so we can deffo expect another. Having said that, I suspect there will always be an excuse to bring out more movies if the computer game popularity keeps banging out new versions too, but the way things are going I may well have to revert back to the PlayStation as a means of entertainment, as opposed to the cinema / DVD viewings.
½ March 9, 2017
I can't actually believe they even made this. It's people shooting guns almost nonstop. No story. I don't know what I was expecting since only the first movie was any good.
½ February 25, 2017
The fifth film in the series and we once again see alice battling against umbrella cooperation and the zombies themselves. With very little human population left alice desperately seeks to end it all. A crazy addition with non stop action, forget about the games and just enjoy this film as a all out action zombie slaying epic.
February 20, 2017
Why doesn't it end?! F
February 12, 2017
This is the point in this inexplicably long franchise where if you're here, you're not a new convert. And, as far as this movie is concered, if you're here you're likely enjoying yourself. Having grown up on the first two films, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy myself, shamefully so.
February 10, 2017
Trash. Overwhelming amounts of slo-mo, and tame action. Why are these rated R!? The weakest and most broken film in its franchise.
February 3, 2017
Spectacular action
Awesome cgi
If ur a fan of the series you know what ur in for
½ February 1, 2017
Pretty good bit confusing though