Richard Jewell Reviews

• 2d ago

Eastwood did a great job of telling this very sad story.

Eastwood did a great job of telling this very sad story.

• 2d ago

Solid performance from the entire crew, and not the least Clint Eastwood, who always manages to draw on the simplicity of human interactions and emotions. Started out rocky, but ended up being a great film that questions those very values we cherish as Americans and the institutions that are supposed to defend those values and rights.

• 2d ago

I think it was an excellent movie and shows what a big problem (we didn't know we had) that was just surfacing with the media and the FBI, at least at that time. I'm really glad that Clint Eastwood made this movie so we would all know who Richard Jewel truly was, a man who wanted to aspire to be more, a hero.

• 3d ago

Eastwood proves once again that he is an incredible director. This movie is really good

• 5d ago

This movie is one of those rare movies that once you see it, you feel like it felt important having watched it - finally a hero's honor has been restored to its rightful place in history! The film was masterfully directed by Clint Eastwood with stellar performances from Rockwell, Bates and Paul Walter Houser. The movie is a statement of the importance of innocent until proven guilty. And a call for change in the mainstream media's practices of publishing speculation ahead of the facts, especially when printing something that could potentially do much harm to the people reported on! A must see - best film of the year contender!

• familiar s Super Reviewer
    5d ago

Although it's more than 120 minutes, it never* felt like a drag. Most probably because I didn't know already about the case. Excellent performances by all*. *exceptions may apply

• Mar 24, 2020

Brilliant acting from Rockwell, Houser, Bates, and Wilde really ace this one. Incredible story put on quite well from Clint Eastwood. Well-told story. A real gripper.

• Mar 24, 2020

Richard Jewell was an amazing man and sadly because of shoddy, lazy, and flat out incorrectly done detective work an innocent man was pinned for a crime. I remember these events when they actually happened I never knew the outcome and simply forgot about the incident as time went on. This movie was truly excellent as it shows us that even highly respected offices such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation (F.B.I.) can completely belly flop a case and pin the crime on a completely innocent individual. It also shows that if the person in charge of a case is simply lazy or just unwilling to do a good job every time then innocent people will suffer. People in charge of convicting a person for a crime can not be lazy they need to follow specific guidelines on every single case!

• Mar 23, 2020

What A Good Movie, This is a good movie, it’s a very serious story and it’s inspired by a true story, Clint Eastwood never disappoints with his movies

• Mar 22, 2020

Clint Eastwood did it again. Definitely evocative and a tough indictment of both the botched FBI investigation and the media hound.