Riddick - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Riddick Reviews

½ June 1, 2017
More Pitch Black? Okay then. Enjoyable though? Sure.
March 15, 2017
So great to see another Riddick installment. Great on its own. A notch down from Chronicles of Riddick. Please make more.
½ March 15, 2017
A three part movie, 1st part features Riddick trying to survive on a strange planet. He befriends a mutant dog. Part 2, Riddick meets some bounty hunters trying to get him. Part 3: Aliens attack! Oddly enough, the first part was the best. That dog thing stole the show. This movie is probably the most accessible of all the Riddick movies.
February 27, 2017
Reused material from Pitch Black which is okay but something was off.
½ February 4, 2017
horrible and pointless
½ February 4, 2017
Big fan of the series and loved this one.
January 18, 2017
It is a let down after Chronicles of Riddick that most of the cool mythology is ejected in a transparent effort to recapture the success of Pitch Black. If you are going to make three movies, make them all different, no apologies. Fairly entertaining, but disappointing.
January 7, 2017
Riddock ****

After Pitch Black then came The Chronicles of Riddock and now a further chronicle of Riddock which is simply called... well Riddock. And the title certainly doesn't mislead as it's around 35 minutes till other characters join our story.

We find Riddock in a bad way left for dead in strange un humanless planet where he must fight for survival and escape. Here Riddock is forced to do battle with his deadliest foes yet strange birds, strange dogs and fair enough some really freaky swamp creatures.

This is till bounty hunters arrive to take Riddock in but also provides him with his manner or escape all whilst an even bigger threat looms over everyones heads.

Indeed quite a brave move for a modern blockbuster to allow 35 minutes of just it's a main character this can only work if there's charisma from the actor, intrigue in the plot and action. This is mostly achieved with Vin delivering, his attempts at survival keep you entertained including the discovery of vile watery creatures.

However once the initial threats are by passed and his health returns Riddock's time is then spent hanging out with his new BBF in an unlikely bromance his got going on with a SFX space dog. I was hoping this wasn't going to become the new Tom Hanks/Wilson double act from Cast Away and luckily the plot breaks out again and off we go all the way to the end credits.

Following the successful first cult film, then the over hyped disappointing last sequel Riddock is back on track and works to great effect. It succeeds by simply taking a back to basics approach an old fashioned action film in the modern, in fact very modern day if you look at the film futuristic setting.

The franchise has found it's feet again, with Vin confirming Universal have asked him to start developing the next film (Which the ending implied there would be) we can look forward to another chapter and perhaps more entertaining another all singing/dancing home video by rid dock himself.

Great Friday night entertainment in the form of a back to basic science fiction actioner with good old Vin still relishing his gig as the iconic cult role.
½ December 30, 2016
Worth watching if you enjoy sci-fi action but not particularly memorable and a bit of a let down for those who liked the other films.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 1, 2016
these movies are not even good
December 1, 2016
Diesel is Riddick, and Molla is Riddick-ulous
½ November 11, 2016
2.5/5 While Vin Diesel is good, the rest of the movie is filled with a few decent moments, but some very low lows. Way better than Chronicles, but not nearly as good as Pitch Black.
½ September 28, 2016
I actually like the second movie best, "The Chronicles of Riddick." I have to give it an extra half star, just because Riddick is so freaking bada$$.
September 16, 2016
First of all it was kind of just a sad version of Pitch Black. Secondly - while the Riddick films were never doing anything particularly phenominal with it's female characters, this one manages to make it's singular speaking female role offensive by making her a lesbian and then having him change that somehow by being the "most manly of men" - most of which she doesn't even see because she stays on the ship while he is off fighting alien monsters, so I'm not sure why anything in her opinion changed at all. Riddicks literally just been a creepy douchebag to her through the entirity of her conversations with her. I mean the only difference between how he treats her and how the more antagonisty antagonist behaves is the guy you're supposed to hate trys to rape her and Riddick oh so politely tells her he will be "balls deep in her" when she inevitable asks him for it. It's like someone made a movie out of some cliche douchebag high school jocks wet dream.
August 17, 2016
The worst of the series. Boring!!!!
½ July 25, 2016
All I Know That This Can Be Seen as a prequel to the chronicles of riddick and to show the humanity that people really need to pay attention to a movie like
Riddick, At Least The Rest of it was a true victor.

Score: 7/10
July 23, 2016
might want to see, probably should see the others first starting with a refresh of Pitch Black
July 10, 2016
good movie not the best sequel but if you know nothing about the first did a good job of explaining the past
½ July 7, 2016
This is a review of the Director's Cut of 'Riddick'. I'm not sure how this film scored a rotten - both the critics and the audiences are wrong on this one, in my humble opinion.

This is great Sci-Fi movie, and both my girlfriend and I agreed we were gripped from start to finish. Twohy proves beyond doubt that he is a capable director and writer, keeping this third Riddick installment stylish but dark and grimy in setting and atmosphere, introducing likeable and memorable characters (besides Riddick of course, which is nailed perfectly by Vin Diesel who once again brings great charisma to the role), great set pieces - some creating tension, and some short but decent action sequences - sharp screenplay, and the pacing is spot on. Also, Twohy demonstrstes how you shoot a modern Sci-FI movie on a relative shoe string. Riddick the Director's Cut far exceeded my expectations.