Riddick - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Riddick Reviews

September 16, 2016
First of all it was kind of just a sad version of Pitch Black. Secondly - while the Riddick films were never doing anything particularly phenominal with it's female characters, this one manages to make it's singular speaking female role offensive by making her a lesbian and then having him change that somehow by being the "most manly of men" - most of which she doesn't even see because she stays on the ship while he is off fighting alien monsters, so I'm not sure why anything in her opinion changed at all. Riddicks literally just been a creepy douchebag to her through the entirity of her conversations with her. I mean the only difference between how he treats her and how the more antagonisty antagonist behaves is the guy you're supposed to hate trys to rape her and Riddick oh so politely tells her he will be "balls deep in her" when she inevitable asks him for it. It's like someone made a movie out of some cliche douchebag high school jocks wet dream.
August 17, 2016
The worst of the series. Boring!!!!
½ July 25, 2016
All I Know That This Can Be Seen as a prequel to the chronicles of riddick and to show the humanity that people really need to pay attention to a movie like
Riddick, At Least The Rest of it was a true victor.

Score: 7/10
July 23, 2016
might want to see, probably should see the others first starting with a refresh of Pitch Black
July 10, 2016
good movie not the best sequel but if you know nothing about the first did a good job of explaining the past
½ July 7, 2016
This is a review of the Director's Cut of 'Riddick'. I'm not sure how this film scored a rotten - both the critics and the audiences are wrong on this one, in my humble opinion.

This is great Sci-Fi movie, and both my girlfriend and I agreed we were gripped from start to finish. Twohy proves beyond doubt that he is a capable director and writer, keeping this third Riddick installment stylish but dark and grimy in setting and atmosphere, introducing likeable and memorable characters (besides Riddick of course, which is nailed perfectly by Vin Diesel who once again brings great charisma to the role), great set pieces - some creating tension, and some short but decent action sequences - sharp screenplay, and the pacing is spot on. Also, Twohy demonstrstes how you shoot a modern Sci-FI movie on a relative shoe string. Riddick the Director's Cut far exceeded my expectations.
June 29, 2016
keep on keeping in on riddick .till underverse come
June 29, 2016
Awesome movie for any Riddick fan!
June 29, 2016
A slight drop off from the 1st two movies, but still very enjoyable. Obviously it had less budget. I hope we see more of Riddick in the future.
June 29, 2016
I love any movie Vin makes
June 29, 2016
Vin Diesel has made this series epic, hopefully it doesn't end here!
June 29, 2016
This was better then Chronicles but the original Jack should have been in it!
June 29, 2016
Awesome movie. Love the Riddick character.
½ June 29, 2016
I've got nothing but love for Riddick.
I wish 1 or 2 things had happened differently, but I still liked this 3rd live-action installment to the storyline.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 4th chapter... Possibly having him finally finding his home planet and maybe discovering he's not the '''last living''' Furyan.
June 29, 2016
One, this story is not just a continuation of Pitch Black. It is the 3rd in the series. This was most certainly made for the fans who have kept up with the films. The story line picks up almost immediately after the end of the 2nd film, Chronicles of Riddick, with Riddick being the leader of the Necromongers. The action is very true to the first two films and I was quite pleased. As a fan of the series, I am quite happy. Now for a 4th.
I love all Riddick movies
June 29, 2016
the best in the series since pitch black
This is a great movie!
June 29, 2016
hope they make another about furya
½ June 29, 2016
loved this movie except for a few things. the one thing that I hated the most was when Riddicks dog was shot and killed. I wish he would've somehow stayed with Riddick till the end.