Ride Along - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ride Along Reviews

½ October 23, 2016
And I thought Cregg was mean to DayDay. Then again he was mean to Smokey too. Ice Cube really needs to get the chip off of his shoulder. Constantly playing a cop is making him look more like Ice-T.
October 20, 2016
Laugh less and lazy chemistry vehicle. Ice Cube had a funny one off in the jump street movies; Kevin Hart has dedicated his career to being the loud and annoying; there's nothing here.
October 11, 2016
Ice Cube and Kevin Hart are like Bad Boys, Lethal Weapon and The Other Guys, enjoy the fun!
½ October 9, 2016
I wasn't expecting much, but this was actually really funny. Kick move!
½ October 8, 2016
Kevin Hart fans will probably be the only ones truly pleased with this cop comedy that's more miss than hit.
½ September 28, 2016
This is pretty funny in my book. It has no real substance or depth, but it made me laugh (which is the point of a comedy). Worth seeing for a laugh.
½ September 25, 2016
One of my favourites, A hilarious comedy which has some emotional parts. The unlikely duo of Ice Cube and Kevin Hart make an excellent pair and can't wait for the second. If you haven't watched it and have spare time id recommend it
September 15, 2016
probably the only movies i'll enjoy that has kevin hart in it and that's because he was supporting ice cube. Good flick, funny in parts and entertaining thru the movie. must see... a good time.
August 27, 2016
Kevin Hart once again shows why he's one of the most loved comedians on the planet, but it's not enough to carry a movie that's better left for TV.

Kevin Hart plays Ben, a man with a low level job and an energetic, yet weaker figure. His girlfriend just so happens to be a cop, who happens to dislike Ben a lot. In order to get her brother's blessing to marry her, Ben goes on a ride along with James. Little does he know that the job may have more in store than what he was expecting.

Now, let me tell you the one and only good thing about this movie. Kevin Hart is one of the funniest dudes that I've ever seen and at this moment, I'm not tired of him yet. His energy, his personality, his child-like mannerism, his facial expressions, his emotions, his voice, his stature, his comedic timing, it's all perfect. Hart is truly one of the best comedians I know and he hasn't failed to make me laugh. I laughed plenty of times during this movie, solely because of him. He basically carries this movie and takes a screenplay that has nothing going for it, and gives us a reason to at least give this film a chance. Some people don't like Kevin Hart, but he's one of the best comedians I know.

As for the rest of this movie, well, yeah, you know. This movie doesn't really have much going for it. It's the most basic, generic, and not so interesting buddy cop movie that I've ever seen. Literally, if Kevin Hart wasn't in this, it would probably be a terrible film. The screenplay was so generic and ill paced that it was almost laughable. The dialogue wasn't necessarily smart, it was just the add-lip and improvisation from Hart that made it decent. There's nothing special about the story and I for sure won't remember what this movie is about.

On terms of buddy-cop films, I actually like the combination of Ice Cube and Kevin Hart. These two work really well together and their opposite physiques and personalities help them compliment each other. Now Cube isn't as funny as Hart, but they both manage to build off each other to make them an enjoyable pair.

The movie tried to go a bit deeper with its plot and its character development, but it wasn't done very well. The lack of character development really shines in this movie and although there was an attempt, their execution was poor. Not only did I not really care about the characters, but I didn't learn anything that I couldn't have learned from this film's Wikipedia page.

By the way, during the finale, when Hart was all up in the warehouse leveling out his monologues, I thought that scene went on for way too long. It brought the finale to a huge halt and got you so disconnected from the film that you couldn't wait for it to end. Then the movie went on for about 20 more unnecessary minutes that I didn't care about.

Look, there's nothing good about this film, really. But if you want to pop in a mindless, stupid comedy in the background and you love Kevin Hart, I would say go for it. I own this movie simply for the occasion where I need to watch something so stupid that I can put this in. A simple review for a simple movie.
½ August 26, 2016
Funny but funny can't cover whole plot
August 26, 2016
This has some laughs but not what I wanted from a ice cube AND Kevin hart movie! Hense the word AND!
August 21, 2016
Not funny @ all, I believe all of the humor was in the trailer. It's a one shot viewing, there's absolutely nothing you'll miss the 1st time you see it.
July 31, 2016
Some comedians can deliver the most mundane dialogues and make it funny. Kevin Hart is not one of them.
½ July 29, 2016
I never really heard or read anything about this movie but when I seen the trailer I laughed all the way through it, After watching it I felt kind of let down because all the best bits I already seen but I still enjoyed it, It was funny, Entertaining, allot of the film felt like a prequel to bad boys, It's nothing new but a fun film that most will enjoy.
July 21, 2016
Ok movie. The casting was pretty good but the story lacked depth.
July 13, 2016
Well done! Funny throughout the entire film!!! But there were some scenes that I will always remember!!! A solid 4 stars is the most reasonable rating for this movie.
½ July 4, 2016
Mostly mindless fun, but it's running time is a little too long for a silly comedy. The leads are good, Cube the typical angry straight man, as he excels at, and Hart funny as the sidekick who freaks out, which are the best laugh out loud parts of the movie.
Watched on Netflix at Sam's house with her, July 2, 2016.
July 3, 2016
Great and funny movie
½ July 3, 2016
Ride Along is hilarious, action-packed, and entertaining. Kevin Hart and Ice Cube are hilarious together. This movie is awesome! I would very much suggest this movie.