Ringu 2 (Ring 2) Reviews

• Sep 03, 2019

total rubbish. what a shame after excellent first movie

total rubbish. what a shame after excellent first movie

• May 11, 2019

It's atmospheric, and creepy enough at times, but this is a big step down from the original. It just gets bogged down in a dull, convoluted mess of story expansion. A lot of it is just hard to swallow too, even for this series.

• Mar 05, 2018

SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Aug 28, 2016

Achei esse mais assustador que o primeiro.

Achei esse mais assustador que o primeiro.

• Aug 11, 2016

This second installment of the Japanese version of " The Ring " was not good at all. The story disappears in the middle of the movie, and it wasn't scary at all. This lost all the elements of a horror movie. The past movies they made were actually something. This one lacks in all cylinders. So for this being a dissapointed sequel, I give " Ringu 2 " an F.

• May 23, 2016

We enjoyed the first film, and now we move on to the second...we see how Hideo Nakata can make mistakes.

• Feb 25, 2016

Esta secuela (Ringu tiene varias secuelas directas) es... extraña. Intento buscar una forma de criticarla pero lo cierto es que en todo momento la película me tuvo completamente desconcertado. Creo que trabaja con ideas interesantes, que se acercan un poco más a la fuente original (y aun así, no tanto como The Spiral, la otra secuela), y en vez de seguir el elemento terrorífico, tiene una vertiente más de ciencia ficción. Es interesante sí, pero encontraréis poco de lo mismo que tuvistéis en la primera. Eso sí, Miki Nakatami recuperando su papel es lo mejor de la cinta. La actriz está bastante bien.

• Jan 21, 2015

Meno riuscito del primo ma pure questo ha il suo fascino , degna conclusione della saga!

• Apr 23, 2014

Overly ambitious, led to a convoluted mess!

Overly ambitious, led to a convoluted mess!

• Nov 16, 2013

Ringu 2 is definitely an inferior film in comparison to its excellent predecessor. Within the first three minutes, the film proceeds to retcon the fuck out of the first film by altering various ideas and plot devices set in motion by the original (Oh wait! Sadako took 30 years to die in the well! How is this possible? I don't know...I really don't). Because of these rather strange plot changes and other random things (I guess being possessed by a dead girl gives you the powers of the Force), it turns into a ridiculous and downright wacky horror film. Even though it is vastly inferior to the original film, I decided to go along with the film's madness as the plot careened out of control and see where it took me. I certainly wasn't bored, that's for sure, even if it entertained me most of the time for all the wrong reasons. However, I will admit that the film had a lot of interesting ideas and there are still effective creepy scenes. Ultimately, though, unless you enjoy your horror flicks with globs of cheese poured over them, you should probably just stick to the first film. Now I must revisit the American remakes to see how they've held up.