Rock of Ages - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rock of Ages Reviews

May 1, 2017
Great Rock Musical movie with Great songs and Great music along with a very good story.
April 29, 2017
Absolutely loved this!!!!
Cheesy as hell but soooo much fun ??
April 11, 2017
Offensive to those of us that love all the songs used in the movie, because they are almost all butchered. Autotune sounds like zhit. It was hard to get through for me. The words, "goofy, silly, stupid, and hokey" came to mind repeatedly. Someone that does not love rock and roll more than "boy band" type music created and produced this. This should have been named "Glee, the movie" How stupid can you get?
½ March 18, 2017
A lot better than I expected, although I wish they would have cast someone (anyone!) other than Tom Cruise. Not believable in the slightest.
Juliane Hough was pretty good. I normally don't like her as an actress, but this role suited her.
I loved the 80's themes and even the crappy boy band. I didn't love all the hair metal band songs and I'm not big on musicals in general, but this one worked for the most part.
½ February 22, 2017
Was pleasantly surprised. It got better each time i watched it.
February 8, 2017
Such a fun and uplifting movie! A Blast
January 3, 2017
This was so bad... which is so sad...
½ December 31, 2016
It's should've been better than this
½ December 21, 2016
An empty experience with weak leads and a generic story, and even if it offers a few inspired moments and the music covers are a refreshing throwback to the '80s, nothing saves this song-after-song music video from being bland - not even Tom Cruise's magnetic presence.
½ November 23, 2016
The romance may get in the way of it's story but Rock Of Ages has the soundtrack of all soundtracks and anybody who is a fan of 80's music can't deny that it's a blast to watch
½ November 6, 2016
I enjoy movie Musicals but this was a big miss. Acting, singing, directing, pace. narrative - all bad.
September 23, 2016
Classic rock radio lives again, or very nearly, squeezed into this minor story about making the big time as a rock god. Boy gets girl, loses girl, gets girl again, played again w/o shame. And the music prostituted again for what? For what? Pass,
July 31, 2016
If you love the 80's, you will love this movie. Rock on !
July 28, 2016
I love movies with music!!
July 19, 2016
LOVED: Alec Baldwin, Tom Cruise, and Paul Giamatti. HATED: Everything else.
½ July 8, 2016
Had lots of fun "so bad it's good" moments and good performances, but they couldn't make up for the tedious, boring love story between the two main characters. Tom Cruise is all kinds of hot in this film, and does a totally convincing rock star. Oddly, I became a Cruise fan because of this film.
June 28, 2016
Love this film could watch it over and over again
½ June 28, 2016
5,5/10
cruise is good. rest kinda annoying
June 28, 2016
I hate musicals but this is pure quality... If you like 80's rock!
June 28, 2016
Fun to watch. Wife loves it - she would give it five stars.