Rocky IV - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rocky IV Reviews

December 31, 2017
in rocky 4 they gave us the strongest villian and the best fightscene ever
December 5, 2017
Highly beautiful. Althogh it was not actual in many aspects, like Rocky winning against Drago, it shows how glorious is America and how Rocky stole our hearts again. It is a pity that Rotten Tomatoes has rated it extremely low, when there are some disgusting films, like Moana or Moonlight, that received a far higher rate.
November 4, 2017
I really enjoyed the end fight scene and the soundtrack was really good but other that it was weaker rocky movie. There really much of a plot and lots of the characters had very little screen time. It was a very simple revenge movie.
August 13, 2017
While all aspects of realism is thrown out the window, ROCKY IV is an adrenaline rush of action and excitment, with an incredible soundtrack and arguably the best movie fight in history between Balboa and Drago
July 28, 2017
Very basic and predictable but still an okay movie. No special music to save this one.
½ July 25, 2017
What has this got to do with boxing. Also everyone looked like dolls. Also if you are a real true boxing fan (not casuals), you would understand that this stupidity is no description of boxing!!
½ July 2, 2017
Really poor choice by Stallone to make this a Russia vs. America movie. Then he adds the whole Drago is a bionic man and it gets worse. Its like a comic book. Not one I like either.
½ June 16, 2017
The fourth round may be a bit exhausting for those who have managed to make it to the first three rounds with Sylvester Stallone but Rocky IV's story, Dolph Lundgren's performance as Ivan Drago, the soundtrack and the final fight sequence which like previous entries had me wanting Rocky to win - oh, and the montages too, I guess - make it another reasonably amusing entry within the Rocky franchise...albeit lacking the "eye of the tiger" from the last movie.
May 28, 2017
Over the top action, completely unbelievable boxing action, much the same as the prior three, however, still manages to be brilliant and probably the best of all Rocky films.
May 4, 2017
its too stupidly over the top and has almost no originality and its dumb,simply dumb and its even worse that is the 2nd highest rated rocky movie in the audience score.
and dont make me talk about the robot or that rocky ends the cold war
½ May 1, 2017
The only older Rocky flick I hadn't seen. Soooooo 80s! I knew there was a reason I stopped watching these and this was it! They got sooooo hokey!
April 22, 2017
Despite having frequent flaws within its plot, Rocky 4 is an extremely ambitious movie that is definitely worth watching.
½ April 1, 2017
I actually really liked this movie. Ivan Drago an Rocky are both great, and Apollo's death is sad. It has the same idea as the first few movies.
March 22, 2017
Not terrible, but it just seems like he keeps going up against tougher opponents every movie.
March 13, 2017
My favorite out of all Rocky movies! This movie is just so much fun yes it is flawed and has some mistakes especially with the timeline of movie but despite this the soundtrack itself makes the movie great and then you get the tragic death of Apollo and the fight on Christmas day its just so goooood!
February 18, 2017
If I had to pick one from the franchise it's this one. Use to watch this on VHS on repeat ALL day and the the soundtrack it purely for GYM motivation
January 7, 2017
I enjoyed Rocky 4 loved Ivan drago
December 23, 2016
The movie joins together familiar elements of the now well established Rocky franchise and the simmering tensions of the cold war in the 1980s. The story concerns a biological freak Soviet amateur boxer called Ivan Drago who comes onto the scene to challenge the established (and mainly US) heavyweight boxing fraternity.
Series veteran Apollo Creed (Carl Weathers) comes out of retirement to take on the Soviet (played by Dolph Lundgren) in a typically camp US exhibition fight. Drago uses his powers to the max. and kills Creed in the process.
Heavyweight champion and Creed friend Rocky Balboa must take on Drago in an unsanctioned fight in the USSR on Dec. 25th! Balboa faces the arctic Russian conditions to train for the bout in Moscow in front of a partisan crowed and members of the Soviet politburo!
The training scenes are great but the final fight is a farce! The sound effects of each punch are worse than WWE. Balboa takes so much punishment from Drago throughout the fight he would be dead in reality.
Anyway as the fight wears on the partisan Moscow crowd start to warm to Balboa much to the annoyance of the Soviet high command. Drago becomes frustrated as Balboa starts to make some impact on the fight cutting Drago in the process and refusing to be defeated. Eventually Balboa somehow knocks Drago out and wins the fight.
In his victory address which is really corny and typically American, Balboa (Stallone) tells the crowd that they have changed, he has changed, everybody can change!
Some issues that annoyed me on watching the film. Why is Balboa's brother in law Pauley (Young) allowed to sit at press conferences and in the corner team. He is a useless peripheral character.
Creeds old trainer Duke doesnt age throughout the series including Rocky Balboa.
When watching the end credits it is revealed that the Russia scenes in reality were filmed in snowy British Columbia, Canada.
The film is relatively short for an action film so is a good time waster if you're bored. Not a bad entry. Certainly better than Rocky V. Stallone should have ended the series on a high here.
The soundtrack is excellent and has some excellent energized anthems throughout.