Rocky IV - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rocky IV Reviews

April 16, 2018
I'm giving this movie two stars because the fight at the end of this movie is cool. But seriously, the rest of the movie is more a super cheesy product of the 80's than it is a Rocky movie.
April 12, 2018
the best out of all of them creed 2 follows this story
March 27, 2018
An unnecessary fourth part to a really good "Rocky" series. This film was absurd and cringeworthy.
½ February 24, 2018
This is better then the first 3 Rocky movie. The best thing about 3 Rocky is if they has not been made this would. Not have been made. Do not see the first 3 Rocky movies. Just see this one. And Rocky V is also good. This movie has a great story line a great acting.
½ February 21, 2018
Absurdly ridiculous, this just isn't a good movie at all
February 15, 2018
Rocky ends the cold war in this ridiculous follow-up that is stupidly enjoyable for the 80's cheese overload but it is a deeply hollow film.

Nothing in this film should work but it is very enjoyable and largely forgivable due to its 80's charm and soundtrack....Hearts on Fire...

So, so silly and so far removed from Rocky.
February 13, 2018
you can change..

Rocky IV

Just like the songs, exercise routines and repetitive clips, it seems redundant to add another installment in this already falling franchise when you clearly lack material. Rocky IV is petty, childish and seems overlong despite of its 91 minutes of run time for it merely has an idea of a TV drama episode which is stretched to a point of exhaustion. Its painful to watch Sylvester Stallone go through this enormous amount of training and hardly make a point out there. He fails on all the levels here; writer, director and actor, to deliver any loose end of the thread for the audience to hang on to. Rocky IV is predictable, loosely written and choreographed and executed unsupervised.
December 31, 2017
in rocky 4 they gave us the strongest villian and the best fightscene ever
December 5, 2017
Highly beautiful. Althogh it was not actual in many aspects, like Rocky winning against Drago, it shows how glorious is America and how Rocky stole our hearts again. It is a pity that Rotten Tomatoes has rated it extremely low, when there are some disgusting films, like Moana or Moonlight, that received a far higher rate.
November 4, 2017
I really enjoyed the end fight scene and the soundtrack was really good but other that it was weaker rocky movie. There really much of a plot and lots of the characters had very little screen time. It was a very simple revenge movie.
August 13, 2017
While all aspects of realism is thrown out the window, ROCKY IV is an adrenaline rush of action and excitment, with an incredible soundtrack and arguably the best movie fight in history between Balboa and Drago
July 28, 2017
Very basic and predictable but still an okay movie. No special music to save this one.
½ July 25, 2017
What has this got to do with boxing. Also everyone looked like dolls. Also if you are a real true boxing fan (not casuals), you would understand that this stupidity is no description of boxing!!
½ July 2, 2017
Really poor choice by Stallone to make this a Russia vs. America movie. Then he adds the whole Drago is a bionic man and it gets worse. Its like a comic book. Not one I like either.
½ June 16, 2017
The fourth round may be a bit exhausting for those who have managed to make it to the first three rounds with Sylvester Stallone but Rocky IV's story, Dolph Lundgren's performance as Ivan Drago, the soundtrack and the final fight sequence which like previous entries had me wanting Rocky to win - oh, and the montages too, I guess - make it another reasonably amusing entry within the Rocky franchise...albeit lacking the "eye of the tiger" from the last movie.
May 28, 2017
Over the top action, completely unbelievable boxing action, much the same as the prior three, however, still manages to be brilliant and probably the best of all Rocky films.
May 4, 2017
its too stupidly over the top and has almost no originality and its dumb,simply dumb and its even worse that is the 2nd highest rated rocky movie in the audience score.
and dont make me talk about the robot or that rocky ends the cold war
½ May 1, 2017
The only older Rocky flick I hadn't seen. Soooooo 80s! I knew there was a reason I stopped watching these and this was it! They got sooooo hokey!