Rollerball Reviews

• May 04, 2019

Blobbo never see this movie. ZERO STAR!

Blobbo never see this movie. ZERO STAR!

• Apr 20, 2019

Rollerball is a bit of a neglected sci-fi gem. And for a film that not everybody liked, it delivers some very strong social commentary. It deals with themes of a totalitarian society, conformism, an open lust for violence, and a corrupt utopia. And it actually becomes disturbing. The stunts for the sport scenes are also viciously good, and the music choices are original. Overall, this is an interesting and thought-provoking movie to see. Recommended!!

• Feb 02, 2019

The best thrilling and inspiring sci-fi movie ever made!

The best thrilling and inspiring sci-fi movie ever made!

• Jan 09, 2019

Hard to be objective about this one, as it's wrapped up in some nostalgic movies my father and I shared back in the day. Regardless, I still think it's an underappreciated film when placed in context of era and genre. I've watched it numerous times over the years; it doesn't demand too much from the viewer, but delivers on entertainment every time.

• Mar 06, 2018

There are many reasons to love this gem. Bikes, blood and FIRE!Rollerball is a genre of it's own, and this is one of the best and most convincing FUTURE dystopian /sport films made. the game(it was never really a game!) is fast, fun and truly REALIZED.

• Mar 02, 2018

This was a strangely compelling movie. Their view of 2018 is both right on and completely off.... but the idea of the diminishing power of the individual over the corporate is as true today as it was the ....

• Feb 01, 2018

It starts strong, dropping you straight into this mysterious world-but it never builds that world enough, never really explains itself, and never establishes the characters' motivations in a way that you're rooting for them at the end.

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Jan 22, 2018

This is one of the better 70s films that takes a closer look at corporations taking over everything. The film has lived on with the cutting edge stunts and the depiction of a world that is quite frightening with the general push for capitalism in our modern age. James Caan is a great actor and is anchors a film that should not have seen the light of day, it's an odd studio film but Jewison brings that quality he has been well known for. The game is the true reason for the film and it is relentless, you never feel safe while these guys are playing such a ruthless game. This film has stood the test of time and is one of my favourite cult films, even though it did good business at the box office. More films should have this style of filmmaking and a lot less remakes that are extremely empty. A remake of this film has the chance to take the social aspect of this film and dial it up, the reboot ramped up the game which was a bad mistake. 20-01-2017 .

• Oct 08, 2017

Classic movie. One of my all time favorite sci-fi movies.

Classic movie. One of my all time favorite sci-fi movies.

• Sep 17, 2017