Rudy Reviews

• Dec 27, 2020

The film is so inspiring and causes your floods your eyes with tears of sadness and joy. If you have never seen Rudy, you must see it, even if you don't like watching football this movie is WORTH IT.

• Oct 15, 2020

This movie is awesome what makes it better is the fact that it's based on a true story.

• Oct 12, 2020

Rudy is a movie that pulls at the heartstrings from the opening scene and doesn't let up until the inevitably uplifting finale. Rudy is an undersized football player who dreams of attending Notre Dame and playing for the Fighting Irish, but nobody believes in him. His teacher doesn't think he's smart enough. His father doesn't believe in him. His brother thinks he's a poser. The film is predictable (the movie poster pretty much gives the ending away) and conforms to the typical Hollywood cookie-cutter formula, but it's actually pretty good considering it's a typical Hollywood cookie-cutter kind of movie. The music swells at all the right times, inspirational speeches pop up when needed, and adversity slaps him in the face on queue to emphasize how hopeless his dreams are…or is there hope?

• Sep 11, 2020

Not as inspiring, determined or motivational as the critics would have you believe. Nor is it as sentimental. I liked it, but it fell short of my being able to love it. The direction is too lacklustre for my liking. Could've been phenomenal... The story at its heart is incredible

• Sep 02, 2020

Man I'm really disappointed in this movie. They put me through watching poor Rudy get pushed down over and over again for basically 85 percent of this movie and then he magically gets to play. Their is no chance in jell that this actually happened in real life. Who would ever put a 5 nothing kid on a football team and especially Norte dame. This seems to fake and too movies for me. I legit got depressed seeing Rudy being depressed. I thought he would at least get a touchdown or something but sacking the quarterback it good enough. The writers are at fault here. Sean Astin is phenomenal in this movie and man poor Rudy deserves a better ending than what we got.

• Aug 25, 2020

A inspirational, uplifting and optimistic sports drama that, despite being too sentimental and predictable, it succeeds in its ambitions by bringing a well-crafted and heartfelt narrative, a charismatic and relatable protagonist, and a moralistic and and satisfying story.

• Aug 13, 2020

A truly inspirational tale for sure! But might get bogged down by the lake of direction.

• Jul 29, 2020

I tend to enjoy a good underdog story and "Rudy" is no exception to that trend. Sure the movie is a bit predictable by the time it ends, but I wouldn't have it any other way. This is a unique sports movie because it focuses less on actual football scenes and more on the actual character. I found Sean Astin to be immensely likable in this movie and I found myself rooting for him early on. When the big finale happens, it is just so heartwarming and crowd-pleasing to watch. Overall, this is a great feel-good movie with an interesting story and character. I think fans of inspiring sports movies can't miss it.

• Jun 28, 2020

Decent Movie. Based on a true story but it appears to be fake at times. The legendary soundtrack is the only thing that really keeps this movie historic

• Jun 14, 2020

Such an inspiring movie! Absolutely loved it, it gave me the motivation I was looking