Rumor Has It Reviews

• Sep 08, 2020

No serious conflict at all

No serious conflict at all

• Aug 24, 2020

Lousy messages, bad taste.

Lousy messages, bad taste.

• Aug 11, 2020

I thought this was a good fun movie, easy to watch, fairly amusing. Great part played by Shirley MacLaine,

• Jun 27, 2020

The rumors are true... this film is terrible.

The rumors are true... this film is terrible.

• Jun 25, 2020

It was fun and that's all it matters. With some interesting deep moments. And I love the book and series references.

• Apr 22, 2020

A movie so bad you watch it till the end. A cardboard cutout of Anniston could have acted better.

• Mar 11, 2020

Is it 'Citizen Kane'? No. Is it bad? No. It's a lighthearted romcom and you have to take it for what it is. It isn't a sequel to 'The Graduate' so it shouldn't be judged as such nor compared to it. It's simply a movie that plays out the scenario of the plot of 'The Graduate' having actually happened & being based on real people/events. In this movie's universe, Katharine Richelieu (Shirley MacLaine) is the basis for the character of Mrs. Robinson. Katharine's daughter, Jocelyn, (not onscreen) is the basis for the character of Elaine Robinson. Beau Burroughs (Kevin Costner) was a classmate of and friends with Charles Webb, the author of the novel The Graduate, and is the basis for the character of Benjamin Braddock. Webb writes The Graduate based on Beau having had an affair with Katharine and sleeping with Jocelyn, changing the real names of all the parties involved and the ending to keep anonymity. Where this movie picks up is with Jocelyn's daughter, Sarah Huttinger, (Jennifer Aniston) having an identity crisis and finding out that the movie 'The Graduate' is based on her family and that they are "the real Robinsons!" She feels the need to confront Beau thinking it will give her life clarity and winds-up sleeping with him. Between an incest scare, the plot line flip of the older man now being rejected for someone younger instead of the older woman, Sarah's sister's wedding and her subsequent nervous breakdown, and the PTSD of a major blunt testicular trauma accident (...or was it?) lays a story of self-discovery and an ending that makes me cry every time I see it. A simple, short and sweet, cute story. But it's a story nonetheless with an interesting concept that is entertaining to watch.

• Jan 14, 2020

Love Jen, Hate this movie. I just found it weird and sick and that's it I won't be watching this movie again. But love you Jen ❤️

• Dec 18, 2019