Salem Witch Trials Reviews

• Apr 24, 2016

good historical pic based on actual events from the 17th century.

good historical pic based on actual events from the 17th century.

• Mar 07, 2014

A decent representation of the tale we all know. If you need a new reason to think religion is retarded.. here it is. The run time is the most grueling part... @ 191 mins, it will certainly blow ur evening.

• Sep 30, 2013

I just couldn't get into this, despite the fascinating subject matter.

I just couldn't get into this, despite the fascinating subject matter.

• Jun 28, 2013

A film with so much potential but poorly executed.

A film with so much potential but poorly executed.

• Nov 18, 2012

Pretty historically accurate for a movie that did not intend to be educational.

Pretty historically accurate for a movie that did not intend to be educational.

• Oct 27, 2012

This movie was way too long in my opinion. I just hate the story of the Salem witch trials and could not get into this film at all.

• Jul 18, 2012

• Jun 02, 2012

Good telling of the story... but wayyyyyyy too long

Good telling of the story... but wayyyyyyy too long

• Jul 15, 2011

Kristie Alley plays Ann Putnam a woman who has had 3 still births. Wanting answers she goes to the town "witch" and her eyes are opened. But living in Puritan times she must close her eyes back up for fear that if her husband finds out she will be punished. Meanwhile a group of pre-teen girls scared out of thier minds by the sermans they hear at church being to feel like thier bodies are being taken over by something. When in fact they are perfectly fine! They see what has happened to other women and girls that break "God's laws," and are now afraid to have a different opinion from Rev. Parris. They don't want to be paraded down the streets where people can throw things at them and call them names. Ann's daughter is the worst of all the girls calling out innocent women as being witches. The new Boston governor sends the old Boston Governor to overlook the happenings in Salem, which was a HUGE mistake. Had the deputy governor never been sent non of those people would have died.

• Feb 28, 2011