Savages Reviews

• Jun 26, 2020

2.5/5. Savages had a lot of potential thanks to its interesting characters, but it doesn't do enough with them and is on the boring side.

• Jun 07, 2020

With all of these talented actors, I was expecting a decent flick. Instead, a total POS. 122 minutes of my life simply wasted. 🤮

• May 25, 2020

La trama non è per nulla originale se non per il "doppio" finale. Ma i personaggi sono perfettamente amalgamati, ognuno con la propria storia nonostante il poco tempo, e il cast fenomenale aiuta la riuscita di questo film che va preso per quello che è. Due ore di svago ben riuscite.

• Apr 13, 2020

Davvero molto sconclusionato con una trama debole. Oliver Stone ha fatto Natural Born Killers e questo film ti fa chiedere:"Ma è lo stesso regista?"

Todd S Super Reviewer
    Apr 10, 2020

We've all seen our share of epic films that are based on the Italian Mafia, but few have done one that is based on the Mexican cartels. Additionally, this story is told from the prospected of a group outside the organization, bullied into working with the cartel. It's no secret that Ben & Chon (Kitsch/Taylor-Johnson) make the best weed in California. Everyone knows that their stuff is the stuff you want, including the Baja Cartel. The cartel go to the pair and make them a very profitable offer, but weary of getting into business with the ruthless organization, Ben & Chon turn them down, but when has the Cartel ever taken no for an answer? I very much dislike Oliver Stone. His films, especially his historical ones, are filled with conspiracy theory and inaccuracies, that people take as fact, and contribute to the ignorance of society. I gave Savages a shot however, because it is based on a novel, and we all know that films that were originally books are the best. Savages is every bit as ruthless and action packed as you'd expect it to be and beyond that it is loaded with star power. As for the story, it is what you'd come to expect from an Oliver Stone film, filled with unexpected twists and turns, but finally in a way that doesn't confuse the audience! Typically Stone's films go over the top and back around again, until no one knows what's going on, but this time, (perhaps the novels influence) the story is never hard to follow, just unpredictable, which is what you want! The filmmakers also so how manage to avoid the problem of too many cooks in the kitchen, despite the enormous cast, something I very much appreciated. The bottom line, Savages isn't Goodfellas or Casino, it isn't even close, but is a rare look inside the business of the cartels. I love how it's told from an outside perspective and that the main star power actually takes a step back for newcomers like Taylor Kitsch and Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Some parts of this film are brutal and it is quite long, especially the unrated version, but in my opinion, well worth your time.

• Mar 11, 2020

Mediocre characters and an uneven pace detract from some excellent moments in Oliver Stone's Savages. Particularly the scenes involving Salma Hayek and Benicio Del Toro.

• Dec 02, 2019

I want see this movie so much

I want see this movie so much

• Jul 20, 2019

A movie that sold almost purely on sex, violence, and some seriously vile stuff. First 30 minutes was pretty bad.

• Jun 25, 2019

Besides from the obvious miscast of John Travolta as Dennis (a corrupt DEA agent) Savages is entertaining. Kind of

• May 19, 2019

Very well executed drug dealer movie.

Very well executed drug dealer movie.