Saving Mr. Banks Reviews

• Jul 29, 2019

Tom Hanks is miscast here. He could not bring out the real Walt Disney -- who appeared every week as himself on "Walt Disney Presents". Disney did not have a forced southern accent, like Hanks deploys, and Hanks' outlook and mannerisms did not fit the reality of the Walt Disney. It is hard to act at this level, granted, but Hanks did not even try. He simply leaned on his already successful career rather than try to act in this movie. Hanks is a movie star, but he shows here he cannot act. The movie would be much better without Hanks in it. This probably is not a hindrance to young people who have never heard or seen the real Disney. But thousands of hours of film on Disney is still around, and Hanks could have watched, learned, and tried.

• Jul 22, 2019

I quite enjoyed this movie, Tom Hanks hit it out of the park as Walt Disney, Emma Thompson was as amazing as always, & Colin Farrel was great too, overall a very solid and enjoyable biopic that shows you the ups & downs of Walt trying to get the Marry Poppins rights to make a movie about it.

• Jul 10, 2019

Definitely enjoyable for those who loved Mary Poppins!

Definitely enjoyable for those who loved Mary Poppins!

• Jul 10, 2019

Just a terrific movie, entertaining performances and intriguing subject matter. If you like fact-based movie subjects like I do, it made me want to learn more about the subject, P.L. Travers. Starting with wikipedia of course leads you to most of the true life characters. Follow up with youtube and you can hear and see Travers and learn more about her and her books. Then too, you can learn more about those involved in making the original Movie. I think this Movie does a fine job of characterizing the main people and their interactions. Nothing outrageous or too far fetched. It all fits nicely.

• May 21, 2019

Saving Mr. Banks perfectly tackles the life of PL Travers in a fun & entertaining way. It can go pretty dark in certain parts but pulls you back with some exceptional comedy. It does a phantasmagorical job at handling topics such as death & suicide. I would say that it may not be appropriate for younger viewers. It is a must-see for any fan of the everlasting magic of Mary Poppins.

• Mar 27, 2019

Favorite movie of all time

Favorite movie of all time

• Mar 19, 2019

A beautiful story artfully told. What happens when an strong-willed woman meets a determined man? That's the story of Mrs. Travis, author of Mary Poppins, and Walt Disney who promised his daughters that he would bring Mary Poppins to the movie screen.

• Mar 16, 2019

A very heartfelt story, that offers insight to the journey it took to produce Mary Poppins. Amazing character development as we see the very stubborn and terse Travers eventually open up. Walt Disney portrayed amazingly by Tom Hanks can do no wrong in this movie. A very effective piece of Disney propaganda.

• Mar 11, 2019

Very entertaining movie. The acting was exceptional and it had much more of an in-depth plot than I was expecting. Highly recommend!

• Mar 09, 2019