Scoob! Reviews

• 4h ago

Hello Scoob? Would you take me off your list... In all my life I never took Shaggy for being a loner as a kid. And nor did I ever remember Scooby being so fluent. I always remembered Scrappy doing most of the talking growing up, but this Scooby has full in-depth conversations at times, and up into the first 12 minutes or so of the film; I straight up thought it was full retelling of their origin story. Instead they go from kids to teenagers?? And are given an ultimatum by out of all people, Simon Cowell! Because even though it's an animated flick we're supposed to buy that Simon will ever have interest in financing a teenage spy group. From there the film gets kind of convoluted. 20 minutes in and I'm not sure if I'm still watching a Scooby Doo film or The Incredibles. They watered down Velma, Daphne, and Fred for a trio of new super heroes. The villain is a man with a horde of robotic minions that channel Despicable Me and a cringy name someone thought it was cute to repeat in a kids movie... "D-d-d-d-dick... DICK! DICK! DICK!..." 40 minutes later and I'm still not sure whether the story is about Scooby and his surprise royal lineage or if it's the story of a social reject who becomes secretly bitter over the success and popularity of his dog. What I did learn which was a surprise to me is that one, Velma is Hispanic -- and two... if you blow into the butt of a turtle it's just like blowing into a horn! Highlights for me was the music, the animation, and voiceover talents of Tracey Morgan...

• 6h ago

I grew up with Scooby-Doo and this just makes me mad. The gang is split up for the majority of the movie which isn't even a real movie! It's just a 90-minute commercial stuffed with as many random Hanna-Barbera properties they can. There is no mystery to solve, no hidden bad guy, nothing any Scooby-Doo movie should have is in here. They didn't even get the voice actors right instead opting for a celebrity cast that sounds completely off. Even the character personalities are off! The only praise I can give is for the animation style and that's it. I can't believe I'm saying this but just watch one of the random straight to tv movies instead. Even the lame ones are at least fun to laugh at.

• 7h ago

I really like the TV shows and especially Mystery Incorporated. Scooby Doo did in a sense feel grounded, as supernatural creatures were always someone in a suit. I enjoyed the mystery and figuring out who would be the monster. But this movie wants to turn Scooby Doo into some superhero fun action movie, and I am not on board with it. I really wish they would have stuck to what made Scooby Doo special. Not some superhero plot.

• 8h ago

I saw this yesterday with my grandsons, my daughter and son-in-law. We all loved it. When my grandsons realized I had seen it when I was a kid their age they were so surprised. Great family fun watch it for sure!

• 11h ago

Good movie to watch if bored i say, but not anything special.

Good movie to watch if bored i say, but not anything special.

• 13h ago

Honestly, my kids and I actually liked the movie. It was surprisingly well written, which was just crazy. We wanted to watch it just for the part where they are kids, but the whole thing was pretty entertaining.

• 14h ago

Leaving out the voice actors that brought Velma, Daphne, and Shaggy to life was a bad idea. Frank Welker as Scooby won't save this movie

• 14h ago

I liked the timely Simon Cowell, American Idol reference. And then it was really funny because they weren't good at singing. Ppppbbblltttt.

• 15h ago

Scoob's colorful animation and occasional laughs are bogged down by its lack of ability to truly stand-out

• 16h ago

Nostalgia pura, para los que crecimos con el mundo de Hanna-barbera y una apuesta interesante al futuro de este universo