See This Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

See This Movie Reviews

½ December 26, 2012
This film could have had a lot more to make it funny throughout and really make inspiring film-makers connect with it. Where it failed to live up to both of those things, the documentary of a documentary filming technique, similar to Paper Heart, worked very well.
June 3, 2012
Dont see how this was made
½ May 13, 2012
Beginning was a little slow, but it was pretty funny.
January 7, 2012
0 stars. Metafiction has never been less ironic.
November 12, 2011
For some reason this movie doesn't feel as tedious as it should, and for that you have to give it credit. There's definitely enough amusement to make it worth watching.
October 6, 2011
It's the story of the making of a movie within a movie about a movie that doesn't actually exist.....and if you followed that you stand a good chance of actually liking this. The script and performances are both funny, and while the end result is basically a college film that managed to get produced by big-time people, that in no way keeps this from being a good film.
July 25, 2011
I watched this movie for the first time on an airplane. I couldn't stop laughing. Although Seth Meyer's character annoyed me in some points, it's wasn't that bad.
July 13, 2011
Though I knew they weren't going to have a finished product, I kept thinking that they would somehow get it done. Seth Meyers as Jake Barrymore was so lovely with all his familiar foibles and charm. And John Cho as Larry was also very believable. While it did give us a small look into what goes on behind the scenes of a film festival (a very small look), the film did not go anywhere beyond Barrymore's own self-absorbed obsession on being famous by cheating his way into the festival. But I think I'd rather watch a film within a film within a film than that dream within a dream within a dream etc.
June 19, 2011
whyyyy did I watch this? I need to keep some DVDs nearby for early Sunday morning feedings, the teevee selection is crap. I liked the idea, it had potential, but the actual movie didn't grab me at all. gave it an extra star because I laughed once and I like John Cho.
May 25, 2011
Eh...It sucks. It could have potential but it was not good. The acting was very mediocre. I feel like the movie didn't even try.
May 13, 2011
One of those instances where the movie poster is more interesting than the actual movie, See This Movie bites the big one. The cast includes SNL head writer Seth Meyers, who belongs behind the Weekend Update desk where he can use his acerbic and bitter wit in the way that the moronic and plain scipt for this film couldn't touch. John Cho, always perfectly sardonic, plays a small part as a flilm producer underused, much like his role. Jessalyn Gilsig of Nip/Tuck and Glee fame puts on a lopsided French-Canadian accent while kissing every man she sees. The humor was benign, and uninspiring, while the concept merited a better written script. With the low budget of an indie flick I understand the need to make it semi-mockumentary, but this was a case of go big or go home, and the director couldn't choose between the two.
½ July 27, 2009
So this movie won awards and it has John Cho, sounds worth watching. It's a documentary capturing an unscripted story of two friends trying to make a big hit movie. When one lies, the path to redemption is the truth. It was alright.
July 30, 2008
It has its moments where it's really funny. Its kind of slow but overall its not bad.
½ June 7, 2008
Not a bad movie. Pretty low budget, but thats not points against it. But with the low budget there was no heart to the movie... It was made with a flimsy idea.. Bu I still love John Cho...and I'm still indifferent about Seth Meyers.
½ April 29, 2008
More like skip this movie!
½ March 30, 2008
It was a really great concept with really great moments but an overall below the bar result. Seth Meyers has a moments that are great, but the plot was predictable and cheesy. Very low budget and obvious. Not a wonderful movie but a great concept. Don't rush to see it.
February 3, 2008
surprisingly very very funny.
½ January 6, 2008
Do not see this movie. Totally unwatchable. Crap.
½ January 1, 2008
Seth Meyers and Jessica Pare are delightfully ditzy throughout, and John Cho is great but I'm tired of seeing him as the straight man in comedy duos (especially after Harold & Kumar I). Execution falls short in some scenes (intentionally, guerrilla-style?) but the story is solid.
October 30, 2007
No French Canadian movies! Blech.