Serial Mom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Serial Mom Reviews

December 4, 2016
Funny and outrageous! Love Kathleen Turner in this. A bit Stepford wives-esque with added dark and uncomfortable moments.
October 3, 2016
Hilarious dark comedy by John Waters, probably the best acting of Kathleen Turner that I have seen. Great acting from her (she really plays well the bipolar murdering mood of the character), humour that is far away from corny or cheesy, we laugh all the time in front of scene that gets even better after each one. The pace kicks in right in the beginning of the movie and we don't get bored once single minute. A must seen, and to recommend!
September 17, 2016
Hysterical. Love the way Kathleen Turner portrays Serial Mom. It's one of my most favorite movies.
August 7, 2016
My favourite John Waters movie so far! This is one of those horror movies that are so outrageous they're hilarious, or in other words a black comedy (which is slightly more scary than funny). I highly recommend this movie.
July 15, 2016
Life's not going too well at The Cocksucker Residence. And it all goes hilariously, tastelessly over the top from there! Or downhill depending on your point of view.
May 26, 2016
Not much of a comedy or thrilling in anyway. Fails on all fronts.
March 27, 2016
To this day, this is the worst movie I've ever seen. I just signed up for Rotten Tomatoes so I could review Batman V Superman, and I immediately came here just to give this thing as low of a rating as I could. Total garbage...
January 13, 2016
HILARIOUS movie. Both the writing and directing were done so well by John Waters.
½ January 4, 2016
I remember watching this movie around the age of 13. As I get older this movie only gets better. Lots of great kills and terrible jokes. Thanks Pops for letting me watch R rated films as a young teen.
½ January 4, 2016
Not as funny as I had hoped for. Still very much a Waters film, though.
½ November 12, 2015
Hilariously subversive and campy.
October 29, 2015
The acting is terrible, but great cheesy fun!
October 21, 2015
A comedy serial funny.
½ October 5, 2015
For a comedy, it was a flop. Just very boring...
½ August 13, 2015
Si no puedes crear ni una buena historia ni buenos personajes, hazlo ridiculo y divertido. A veces funciona.
July 14, 2015
This movie is hilarious! I've watched it a dozen times.
July 1, 2015
The best John Waters film by far with a superb cast and a blacker than black comic story. Turner is excellant as are Lake and the rest of the cast.
½ April 11, 2015
Kathleen Turner is great in the role and you want to really love this satire of sick obsession and a murder spree -- but somehow John Waters fails to bring it all together. Still, well worth a look for Water's fans.
December 28, 2014
With plenty of dark thrills to balance out with the laughs, Serial Mom is a unique black comedy that succeeds nicely with a strong female lead by Kathleen Turner as the title character.
December 4, 2014
Funny, gory, and incredibly great acting Serial mom is one of many favourites