Serial Mom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Serial Mom Reviews

November 14, 2017
Trashy fun. Seen it many times over the years.
½ October 2, 2017
Corny, but great. A dark comedy classic - Kathleen Turner plays a wonderful and hilarious psycho suburban mom.
July 19, 2017
John Waters' Serial Mom was not the first R-rated movie I saw, but it was the first gratuitously violent movie I ever permitted myself to watch. Upon viewing the gore, I felt a sickly sensation-a feeling of genuine human exploitation; I internally grieved over the fictitious dead person and felt some sort of vicarious pain.

While of course the movie will be remembered, sort of, as a B-flick satire on suburban double lives, I will always remember it as a coming of age moment. The vulgarity, the violence, only a glimpse of sex (the whole reason I watched it sadly) really scarred me and taught me that violence is the language of the impactful and emotionally rousing author.
April 26, 2017
Funny, over-the-top true crime satire. Some of the bits are so ridiculous, you can't help but laugh. Turner is an endearing serial killer.
April 16, 2017
Maybe Kathleen Turner's best performance.
March 8, 2017
I've never seen a John Waters film before, but this black hearted satirical dark comedy was hilarious. Waters takes a jab at the suburbs, celebrities, selling out, the court system, and so much more in this razor sharp pseudo horror comedy. Kathleen Turner is great as the vicious psycho who kills anyone who doesn't live up to her ideals, with some hilarious one liners. "Look sharp dad, Its Hammerjack". This movie had me in stitches, definitely not for everyone but interesting indeed.
December 4, 2016
Funny and outrageous! Love Kathleen Turner in this. A bit Stepford wives-esque with added dark and uncomfortable moments.
October 3, 2016
Hilarious dark comedy by John Waters, probably the best acting of Kathleen Turner that I have seen. Great acting from her (she really plays well the bipolar murdering mood of the character), humour that is far away from corny or cheesy, we laugh all the time in front of scene that gets even better after each one. The pace kicks in right in the beginning of the movie and we don't get bored once single minute. A must seen, and to recommend!
September 17, 2016
Hysterical. Love the way Kathleen Turner portrays Serial Mom. It's one of my most favorite movies.
August 7, 2016
My favourite John Waters movie so far! This is one of those horror movies that are so outrageous they're hilarious, or in other words a black comedy (which is slightly more scary than funny). I highly recommend this movie.
July 15, 2016
Life's not going too well at The Cocksucker Residence. And it all goes hilariously, tastelessly over the top from there! Or downhill depending on your point of view.
May 26, 2016
Not much of a comedy or thrilling in anyway. Fails on all fronts.
March 27, 2016
To this day, this is the worst movie I've ever seen. I just signed up for Rotten Tomatoes so I could review Batman V Superman, and I immediately came here just to give this thing as low of a rating as I could. Total garbage...
January 13, 2016
HILARIOUS movie. Both the writing and directing were done so well by John Waters.
½ January 4, 2016
I remember watching this movie around the age of 13. As I get older this movie only gets better. Lots of great kills and terrible jokes. Thanks Pops for letting me watch R rated films as a young teen.
½ January 4, 2016
Not as funny as I had hoped for. Still very much a Waters film, though.
½ November 12, 2015
Hilariously subversive and campy.
October 29, 2015
The acting is terrible, but great cheesy fun!
October 21, 2015
A comedy serial funny.
½ October 5, 2015
For a comedy, it was a flop. Just very boring...