Shaun of the Dead Reviews

• May 31, 2019

One of the best zombie movies of all time. Shaun of the dead is as clever, funny, and witty as you could ask it to be.

• May 25, 2019

Shaun of the Dead is a great mixture of comedy and legit horror with fantastic social commentary.

• May 20, 2019

One of my absolute favourite films!

One of my absolute favourite films!

• May 16, 2019

The first Pegg and Frost adventure since 'Spaced', a true rom zom com, 9/10 don't stop me now

• Apr 24, 2019

This is now the second time I've seen Shaun of the Dead and I can say that it was better the second time around. Shaun of the Dead is the first film in the Cornetto trilogy and was directed by Edgar Wright. The film stars Simon Pegg as Shaun and Nick Frost as Ed. The acting for the most part was really strong, but there was one or two scenes were some of the more secondary actors felt a little off. The characters were portrayed well by the actors and were very enjoyable to watch in a zombie apocalypse setting. The cinematography was steady with some very good shots here and there. The settings were very strong ranging from a pup called the Winchester to a zombie apocalypse. The set design and props were used very well and fit the film. The film also has some really strong costume and makeup design. The film in my opinion also has a really good style from the colour design to the tone of the film. The practical and special effects are done really well especially for the budget of the film. The film also has some very sound action from the look to the way it's directed. Like most of Edgar Wright's films the editing is very strong and really works with the film. The film also has some music which I felt worked with the film. I especially liked one use of the song Don't stop me now. The comedy like most of Edgar Wright's films is really good with really strong comedic timing. The film also I found got a little emotional toward the end especially with the character Ed. I also personally really enjoy this film, and will be watching it again and again. Over all I give it a 9/10 - one of the greats

• Apr 21, 2019

The first movie of the Three Flavours Cornetto (I plan on watching all three of them). This one is basically a guy who has a friend and they have day jobs and a zombie outbreak happens and they try their other friends. This is horror/comedy movie, and it does have both aspects. Also being British movie it's also quite depressing and the comedy is dry, which is normal for British comedy. Like all movies, the beginning is slow, but it does pick up. The action isn't bad for being a comedy and it is quite bloody too. The acting is actually very good and some parts are kind of sad. Not much to say left, that is sort of the whole movie. To round it up: it has funny parts, blood, cursing, some violence, heart, and a good cast. Not bad at all.

• Apr 14, 2019

This movie is amazing it funny sad and all the characters are really lovible and really thought out

• Apr 13, 2019

Shaun of the Dead figures out a way to be astoundingly fun and goofy without sacrificing tension or emotional moments.

• Apr 10, 2019

Came to this movie late and was pleasantly surpsised. Such a refreshing take on the zombie genre. A fun ride.

• Apr 03, 2019

Edgar Wright created this masterpiece of a comedy back in 2004, which I still watch today! I'm in love with the characters created not only by Wright but also by Frost and Pegg. I'll never get enough of these two! Brilliant movie!