Shaun of the Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shaun of the Dead Reviews

Page 1 of 1999
October 23, 2017
The greatest movie of all time, oh why not; perfect bit of fun for a rainy day or when life gets too much, sit back unscrew your brain and enjoy!
½ October 20, 2017
An expertly-crafted masterpiece!
October 14, 2017
Good zombie horror movie. Slow at the beginning, but got entertained near the end of the movie
½ September 26, 2017
Great movie. It was emotional and funny and just a good movie overall.
September 19, 2017
Another monster movie has a comedy.
½ September 15, 2017
The Cornetto Trilogy gets off to a blast of a start with this hugely clever and funny zom-com.
September 1, 2017
Shaun of the Dead continues in the tradition of Night of the Living Dead with its social commentary and scares, but adds its own satire, wit, humor and heart, making it a fantastic zombie film to watch. I would highly recommend it!
August 27, 2017
*Great Movie I don't know if I can call this the best movie ever made, but it sure is one of my favorite.
August 21, 2017
For either a horror or a comedy fan, Shaun of the Dead is the movie that takes tired tropes and gives them a fresh take. Edgar Wright's direction with fast-paced action, casual wit, and the layered screenwriting is just part of the fun. The dynamic duo of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, among other actors, give us zombie slaughtering fun and an energetic dark comedy for all. This was an amazing introduction to American audiences of all involved: Wright, Pegg, and the Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy.
August 6, 2017
'Shaun of The Dead' is a thoroughly fun zombie movie. The never-ending wit and satire are what makes it work so perfectly. The awesome pair, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost sweetened the entire deal. I have yet to watch 'Zombieland' so I think maybe 'Cockney vs Zombies' is the only one that is on par with this.
August 6, 2017
A funny and entertaining zombie movie that makes the movie a classic comedy film.
August 2, 2017
Great fantastic phenomenal funny hilarious British action packed zombie apocalypse movie starring Simon pegg and the other guy that was in hot fuzz and another movie directed by Edgar right. I wasn't a big fan of hot fuzz, the second movie in this trilogy but Shaun of the dead is phenomenal and hilarious, hysterical even and I rarely use that word. I would watch this movie again and I like the characters and their chemistry between all of them is great.
August 2, 2017
One of the best zombie movies of all time! Edgar Wright's incredible direction combined with wonderful performances from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost leads to an amazing movie that I could watch over and over again
July 29, 2017
Hilarious! One of the best comedy movies I've ever seen. Flawless direction, montage and excellent performances by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Edgar Wright deserves his place as one of Hollywood's best directors
July 19, 2017
Frightful and amusing film. The style of directing is so unique here and the writing is very clever. It might be as comedic as a zombie movie may ever get and for that reason the originality shows. I enjoyed enough and think its a more than decent movie. Its great fun to watch as long as exaggerated violence/gore (that's really all just too comedic to actually be freaked out in my opinion) doesn't bother you.
½ July 16, 2017
It is a funny take on the zombie genre. It doesn't take itself super serious, and it has a unique and great story.
July 15, 2017
The humor is right, the action is right, and the overall pacing, writing, and directing is just great.
July 15, 2017
A cult classic that marries cold, deadpan British humor with horror thrills reminiscent of the zombie classics it pays beautiful homage to.

This isn't the movie that introduced me to the brilliance of Edgar Wright (I have "Hot Fuzz" to thank for that), but "Shaun of the Dead" certainly cemented him in my mind as a solid artist to watch for.

Wright comes from a primo school of directors: the Tarantino's, the Kevin Smith's, the Guy Ritchie's; guys with a distinct voice and disctinct stories to tell.

"Shaun of the Dead" plays to all of Wright's strengths as a storyteller: quirky yet relatable characters, a pension for stylized violence, and a hysterical script that never stops being entertaining.
July 11, 2017
Perfect balance of comedy and horror.
July 6, 2017
In terms of tone, this film is perfect. Right from the opening couple seconds we know exactly how it's going to feel throughout. The world and characters are fully realized, and the blending of comedy and horror is seemless. The writing is witty, while never feeling pretentious, and the jokes are often quite silly, but somehow stay smart. The performances are all great, with Simon Pegg giving one of his best to date, and Edgar Wright's visual and editing styles are very present and excellent. They aren't as fleshed out as they are in "Baby Driver" or "Scott Pilgrim," but that's expected with this being his first film. There's a part of me that still wishes that direct sequel was made, but I also think that this is a very complete story.
Page 1 of 1999