Shaun of the Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shaun of the Dead Reviews

Page 1 of 1997
April 26, 2017
Shaun of the Dead is another clever film from Edgar Wright. The comedy and action deliver, but it does slow down at points.
April 21, 2017
This is one of my favorite movies of all time this movie is smart, clever, funny, and it makes fun of other zombie movie cliches.
½ April 1, 2017
Featuring some of the most brilliant and laugh-out-loud funny satire ever put in a horror-comedy, "Shaun of the Dead" is simultaneously in a league with both Monty Python and the social critique zombie films of George A. Romero.
March 28, 2017
The redemption of an overexploited and unconvincing genre comes in a comedy.
Hilarious and with good performances, "Shaun of the dead" is a film that reinvents the genre, saving it from the abyss.
March 24, 2017
One of my top favorite comedy movies. It's got it all and it's fricking hilarious.
March 20, 2017
One of the best comedies ever made. One of the best zombie films ever made. The only decent British film for a long time.
½ March 5, 2017
Some Terrific Craziness ! ??
Spectacular! ????
February 23, 2017
I don't like zombie movies but this movie I can live with
February 22, 2017
Shaun of the Dead is one of the greatest British films ever made. Whilst using an overused American genre it still manages to stand out as a classic due to it's dark/outrageous British humour and parody of George Romero films. It most definitely is a parody but not a complete spoof like Austin Powers because this film has it's genuinely scary horror moments that tribute and pay homage to the of the Dead film series. Shaun is an everyday nobody that just wants the best for his relationship with Lizzy, meanwhile a zombie apocalypse has infected the local English suburbs. That plot may sound typical and bland but fortunately Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg understood that British comedy would put the premise in a world of it's own. I think that if this film wasn't such a rib tickling comedy it would lose itself in the sheer quantity of zombie horrors at the time. It has can have entertainment value for nearly every movie goer such as gore fest horror fanatics, comedy cravers and romantic silver tonged devils. And if that doesn't appeal to you then there is of course the ravishing Kate Ashfield as Liz. It isn't perfect though, the CGI makes the blood look too comic and slapstick and the film felt a little too short, I'm sure they could of expanded on Shaun as a character and his life as a whole. Overall it's a funny British classic and the perfect marriage of horror and comedy.
February 14, 2017
It handles zombie apocalypse tropes with great comedic tones and satire. Fun cast and pretty funny all around.
February 12, 2017
Great movie loads of action
February 11, 2017
Shaun of the Dead (2004) Calificación: 7.8/10
½ January 27, 2017
Shaun of the dead is the best comedy of the year, it's great
January 22, 2017
Probably the greatest horror comedy ever made and probably the second best in the Corneto trilogy.
January 14, 2017
I don't know if I can call this the best movie ever made, but it sure is one of my favorite.
½ January 11, 2017
Nota: 9.1/10 - 4.5/5
January 4, 2017
It's rare for a comedy-horror to be both funny and frightening, but Edgar Wright managed it in his wildly popular debut. Combining gore and guffaws, brains and braaaaaaains, Shaun of the Dead is a film so original that it formed the basis for the rom-zom-com genre and, by some stretch, thrust zombies into pop culture. Shaun of the Dead saw the British comedy team of Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright bring their talents for writing likable losers and innovative genre spins to the big screen. The results are hilarity and dismemberment with a dash of social expose thrown in as Shaun and his bro-mate Ed try to save those they love amidst a zombie apocalypse. Their plans are persistently terrible, their weapons of choice bizarrely selective, the comedy is dark as hell, their leadership is all messed up and those beers aren't going to drink themselves. America's shameless, heartless and humorless rip-offs have stripped the formula that made Shaun of the Dead so appealing, but all that does is solidify this sublimely effective contrast of tea-making and zombie mayhem as a certified slice of fried gold.
December 28, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: My favourite things in the world are intellegent pieces of art that just flatout refuse to take themselves seriously. 'Shaun of the Dead' is definitely one of those things, as first and foremost it's one hell of a quirky, self-aware and satyrical take on the zombie apocalypse that will have you grinning from ear to ear from start to finish. The humour is very smart, but what takes this film up a level is the intellegence of everything else. Yes the genious who is Edgar Wright not only packs this film with plenty of inventive action and masterfully-built tension, he also deals with some great ideas in a brilliantly unique way; visually, through the tight script, as well as with two great characters who are protrayed extremelly well by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. In the end, this could have been a hilarious satire on it's own, but because of how clever it is, it's something far more. You could easily go as far as saying it's a satire of humanity itself.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Like any good artist, Wright does take his madness a little too far at times. This is particularly the case in that lengthly third act...
VERDICT: A film that could probably stand on it's own as a satire, or as a serious zombie drama; 'Shuan of the Dead' is a great movie in more ways than one.
December 21, 2016
A new take on the classic zombie horror. Plenty of laughs and brilliant performances to go with them.
½ December 8, 2016