Shaun of the Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shaun of the Dead Reviews

Page 1 of 1996
October 23, 2016
One of the best (if not, the best) horror comedies of all time
October 22, 2016
Simply one of the best horror comedies ever made: Shaun of the Dead balances just enough gore and minimal dose of fear, a heartfelt coming-of-age story (with a captivating lead performance by Pegg) and perfectly kinetic, precise British humour thanks to exceptionally good writing, excruciating attention to detail while never losing mind of the big picture, and Edgar Wright's signature style of visual comedy that never takes a single break.
October 15, 2016
A brilliant horror comedy which only the talented Edgar Wright could pull off! If you're a fan of zombies, then I highly recommend this one!
September 22, 2016
Very comedic and actually makes you laugh. Despite, ya know, ZOMBIES, the scenarios and decisions played out are actually quite realistic. However, no matter how hard it tried, Shaun of the Dead could not completely cover up a tackiness that affected it's overall feeling of a "different" zombie movie.
½ September 19, 2016
Sometimes a director's style can overtake the story so much that the film suffers for it, and that was the case with the more recent The World's End, in my opinion. But Shaun of the Dead is just too dang fun and filled with clichť bending humor that Wright's style proves to be the best thing about this Horror-Comedy.

The first of the Cornetto or "Three Flavor's" trilogy focuses on a world in the midst of a zombie outbreak, and two loser friends who don't really do anything with their lives. Buddies Simon Pegg and Nick Frost play the duo, and brilliantly so. I much preferred their bro-mance to the romance between Pegg and Kate Ashfield, who plays his girlfriend Liz.

The enjoyment here is clearly with the fact that if a zombie outbreak ever did happen, I would act exactly how these characters did. I don't watch the news and rarely care to people watch when running to the store, so I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't realize there was a Zombie-apocalypse going on either. Or even the gag where Pegg struggles to shoot a shotgun. These are all real-life scenarios put into a horror film, and thus the comedy works better than expected.

It doesn't feature an Oscar winning script or world class actors, but it is loads of fun with a kicka** soundtrack paired with amazingly timed physical gags. Shaun of the Dead was and always will be a refreshing take on the Zombie sub-genre of horror.

+The laughs hit

+Relatable lead characters

½ September 18, 2016
Una excelente pel√¬≠cula, muy chistosa, los personajes son agradables, menos uno, menos mal lo manejan bien para que sea mejor. Muy divertida.
September 15, 2016
Shaun Of The Dead(2004)
Starring:Simon Pegg,Nick Frost,Kate Ashfield,Lucy Davis,DylanMoran,Peter Serafinowicz, Penelope Wilton,Steve Emerson,Nicola Cunningham,Reece Shearsmith,Bill Nighy,and Jessica Hynes
Directed By:Edgar Right
Hello Kiddies your pal the crypt-critic here with a horror movie so great you'll die laughing. This is the beginning of my marathon with Edgar Wrights Cornetto trilogy but the end of Hoop-tober. Either way grab a pint and a cornetto.
There comes a day in every man's life when he has to get off the couch...and kill some zombies.When flesh-eating aombies are on the hunt for a bite to eat,it's up to slacker Shaun(Simon Pegg) and his best pal Ed(Nick Frost) to save their friends and family from becoming the next entree.
We all know about the classic zombie films like night of the living dead,dawn of the dead etc. But this is one of the few films to not only satirize zombie films but also somehow stay faithful to them,this British comedy stars Simon Pegg as a lazy absent-minded Shaun with his even more lazy and absent-minded friend Ed played by Nick Frost. When the zombie apocalypse happens however they turn into two unlikely heroes fighting zombies and get laid all at the same time.
Most are so familiar with this it's hard for me to talk about it. This film is a great start for a great trilogy and a lot of fun so grab a pint and a cornetto and enjoy Shaun of the dead for Halloween I give it a four out of five.
½ September 10, 2016
Simon and Nick together seems like a winning recipe no matter what genre it is.
September 6, 2016
One of the funniest, most entertaining zombie movies. Pegg and Frost are a great team.
September 3, 2016
An amazing film with lots of laughs, LOTS of gore and even some sad scenes in an innovative horror/action/comedy... DEFINITELY NOT FOR KIDS!

Also followed up by the hilarious 'Hot Fuzz'. Neither of these films are to be missed.
Overall a 9.75/10 or 5 stars
September 3, 2016
An absolute must watch, period. This film was destined to be a cult classic the minute it screened for the public.
September 2, 2016
Love this movie.great parody and homage hybrid to the great George Romero.And the soundtrack in the movie is killer
½ August 28, 2016
The first 1/2-3/4 of this movie was good and funny, but the last bit was very hypocritical. [SPOILER ALERT:] David tried to kill Shaun, but then everybody risked their lives to save David... what? I did not like how they pretty much killed off everybody.
August 26, 2016
When nasty situations become the most joyful things ever made? That is Shaun of the Dead.
August 15, 2016
Shaun of the Dead is Edgar Wright's first entry into his highly acclaimed "Cornetto Trilogy". Shaun of the Dead stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as well as Bill Nighy, Lucy David and Kate Ashfield. The performances from Pegg and Frost could solely drive the film based off of their chemistry and humour, but the editing of the film is where a lot of the real comedy is seen. Wright has such a unique way of approaching filmmaking such as quick edits, and emphasizing the boring actions characters are performing through the film. This movie is a masterpiece, whether it be the subtle one liners or the quick edits or just the interaction between characters and seeing their body language and facial reactions to some of the things being said/seen. Shaun of the Dead is a beautiful, comedic, and amazingly written film and shows why Edgar Wright is one of the best working directors today.
August 11, 2016
This movie makes me laugh and laugh! A great zombie antidote!
August 8, 2016
This movie was very fun. Another masterpiece from director Edgar Wright. I loved this movie lol. It is fun, original, and, most important of all - funny.
½ August 5, 2016
One of my all-time favorite movies. This zomedy will have you dying with laughter. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost give terrific hilarious performances. Highly recommended for anyone who loves horror films.
½ August 4, 2016
A hilarious, clever script, and outstanding directing by Edgar Wright in 'Shaun of the Dead' rightfully established him as one of the best working directors.
½ August 3, 2016
Balancing horror, romance and comedy so briskly it seems perfect, Shaun of the Dead is a spotlight film in the horror-parody genre.
Page 1 of 1996