Shaun of the Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shaun of the Dead Reviews

Page 1 of 2001
November 5, 2018
An absolutely hilarious zombie flick starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost at their finest, "Shaun of the Dead" will surely satisfy any fan of comedies, zombie films, romantic comedies, and buddy-cop films.
½ November 4, 2018
Primo film della cosiddetta "Trilogia del Cornetto" girata dal genio di Edgar Wight. Spassoso, divertentissimo, coinvolgente e tanti altri aggettivi possono essere utilizzati per descrivere questo film. I protagonisti sono interpretati da Simon Pegg, che ha scritto la sceneggiatura insieme al regista, e Nick Fros, rispettivamente nei panni di Shaun ed Ed, due fannulloni che si ritrovano coinvolti in un'apocalisse zombi. La cosa interessante, soprattutto essendo una commedia, la critica potentissima di cui il film si fa promotore, una critica che troviamo anche nelle pellicole di Romero ma qui ancora pi forte; noi quasi come se fossimo gi degli zombi, dei morti, con la nostra routine e le nostre abitudini, facciamo sempre le stesse cose e non ci rendiamo conto nemmeno di quello che ci accade intorno. Infatti ci sono due piani sequenza ad inizio film in cui il protagonista esce di casa, attraversa la strada, entra in un supermercato e ritorna nell'abitazione; uno dei piani sequenza poco prima dell'apocalisse, in un giorno normale, l'altro appena iniziata e in entrambi i casi Shaun fa sempre le stesse cose, non si rende nemmeno conto che attorno a lui ci sono cadaveri e morti che camminano. La regia e il montaggio mi son piaciuti tantissimo, ci sono infatti dei cambi di inquadratura velocissimi che ho apprezzato molto; i due attori principali insieme formano una coppia spassosissima e perfetta. Gran bel film, da vedere assolutamente.
November 4, 2018
Love it! absolutely awesome movie! a classic
½ October 31, 2018
fun and exciting zombies movies with some laughs and crazy stories.
October 31, 2018
Funniest zombie movie is brits can offer. Enjoyable.
October 26, 2018
Punchy. Irreverent. british. And hilarious.
October 15, 2018
funny movie, it doesn't start to pick up until about 30-45 minutes into the movie. you can tell the British sense of humor. definitely worth a watch around halloween
½ October 7, 2018
A brilliant mix of comedy and zombies
September 30, 2018
Great, fun movie. The jokes flow through perfectly and it never has a dull moment. I love this movie with all of me and I also like it because it's a parody that doesn't feel like a parody. I'd recommend it!
September 19, 2018
Just another zombie movie - maybe a bit more witty than most, but don't waste your time if you're looking for more
½ September 7, 2018
I've ever met anyone who didn't like Shaun of the Dead.
½ August 14, 2018
I had heard this movie was really good. I generally do not like zombie flicks because of the predictability of the plotlines and all the horrible cable show spin offs. But this was a fun take on zombies (in the vein of Warm Bodies, which I also enjoyed). I like how they played up the personal lives while the apocalypse unfolded unnoticed in the background. Simon Pegg is always fun to watch of course.
On the down side, the ending kind of fell apart (pun intended), and while there were REALLY funny parts, the writing could have been beefed up a bit for stronger laughs. Maybe it is just British humor, who knows?
August 2, 2018
One of the best satires of Zombie films while also being a shot at the slacker within most of us who just doesn't want to live but also doesn't want to die.
½ August 1, 2018
Comedy zombie movies ROCK so much! XD A man decides to change his boring life by winning back his ex-girlfriend, reconciling with his mother and dealing with an entire community that has turned into dull zombies! Incredibly hilarious! A lot of evident foreshadowing that is incredibly well used. No zombie movie had ever made me laugh out loud since Zombieland. Every joke is so funny and it actually is a very smart plot. Looking forward to seeing more of the Cornetto trilogy!
July 13, 2018
Shaun of the Dead is hands down the best horror-comedy I've ever seen.
½ July 6, 2018
Before I go on, I would like to make a slight suggestion. Please, even if it's meant in a satirical way, don't use a white character saying the n-word as a gag. It's just disgusting, it's not right. I realize this was early 2000s, but even so, this is wrong. Edgar Wright, Nick Frost, please don't do this anymore.

Anyway, I've enjoyed the two Edgar Wright movies I've watched, so I thought I might get into the Cornetto trilogy. And while I don't usually like zombie movies, Shaun of the Dead I liked immensely. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are two very funny actors who I have admired for years, and to see them together is just a joy. Two morally corrupt(I'm just going to say that because Nick Frost's character, Ed, says the n-word so casually) characters are having crises of their own, when a zombie apocalypse strikes and they suddenly have to fend for themselves and their loved ones.

Shaun of the Dead contains so many funny jokes and creative gags, it's hard to keep track. The Batman vinyl album, the intentional car crash just to get the slick-looking car, Shaun and his girlfriend having a row, I enjoyed them all. Of course, Edgar Wright is great with visual jokes, and it astounded me how much precision and care obviously went into certain shots(Shaun's daily routine being repeated with identical camera movements). Even in the comical madness, the emotional moments really felt like they mattered.

I'd also like to compliment how this movie dealt with the "aftermaths" of a zombie apocalypse, and Wright didn't hesitate to make another dab at contemporary society. We see zombies being used as manual labor workers and objects of sport. We see humanity at their barest in the most satirical way. And that's really hard to find in any zombie material, so I give Shaun of the Dead kudos for that. I just love this movie. I just hope it didn't do the n-word.
June 11, 2018
I find Shaun of the Dead to be slightly overrated and maybe it's because of a case of early installment weirdness from Edgar Wright. Maybe it's because I'm more used to gunplay in a zombie movie and never found the use of melee weapons to be my thing. Yet I was never NOT entertained by Shaun of the Dead. With the humorous moments, the look at what the British would likely do in a zombie apocalypse according to Edgar Wright who's British so ha-ha, he can't be racist against Englishmen. The makeup effects for the zombies are quite good (I've been a sucker for makeup effects a lot recently) and it does a good job establishing the directorial traits Wright would become known for such as describing plans while the audience gets the visual look of this plan, the scene transitions and the movie becoming a full-on action film by the third act. Yeah, these are perhaps based off of what I saw in Ant-Man (which isn't a Wright film but still has some things that respect his vision for the character), Baby Driver and Scott Pilgrim but from the CinemaWins videos for the latter two, this seems to be his style as a director. Shaun of the Dead is a good, albeit overrated, start to the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy.
June 10, 2018
(82/100)
Edgar Wright has such a unique style to his films and he really understands comedy. Shaun of the Dead shares a lot of these specialities. The comedy is top-notch and the interactions between characters are really funny. It's unique in its cinematography too, long takes edited to the beat and so much more. Shaum of the Dead is a great big-screen directorial debut for Edgar Wright!
June 10, 2018
Really good and perfect
May 24, 2018
It can be funny and gory at the same time.
Page 1 of 2001