Shaun of the Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shaun of the Dead Reviews

Page 1 of 1997
½ May 27, 2017
The redemption of an overexploited and unconvincing genre comes in a comedy.
Hilarious and with good performances, "Shaun of the dead" is a film that reinvents the genre, saving it from the abyss.
May 23, 2017
There were a couple funny scenes, but it was mostly stupid. I wasn't impressed. (First and only viewing - 5/23/2017)
May 21, 2017
Excellent movie. Funny and sometimes scary.
May 13, 2017
You've got red on you.
May 11, 2017
An excellent satire of the zombie genre
April 28, 2017
THE BEST ZOMBIE FILM EVER!!!!
April 26, 2017
Shaun of the Dead is another clever film from Edgar Wright. The comedy and action deliver, but it does slow down at points.
April 21, 2017
This is one of my favorite movies of all time this movie is smart, clever, funny, and it makes fun of other zombie movie cliches.
½ April 1, 2017
Featuring some of the most brilliant and laugh-out-loud funny satire ever put in a horror-comedy, "Shaun of the Dead" is simultaneously in a league with both Monty Python and the social critique zombie films of George A. Romero.
March 24, 2017
One of my top favorite comedy movies. It's got it all and it's fricking hilarious.
March 20, 2017
One of the best comedies ever made. One of the best zombie films ever made. The only decent British film for a long time.
½ March 5, 2017
Some Terrific Craziness ! ??
Spectacular! ????
February 23, 2017
I don't like zombie movies but this movie I can live with
February 22, 2017
Shaun of the Dead is one of the greatest British films ever made. Whilst using an overused American genre it still manages to stand out as a classic due to it's dark/outrageous British humour and parody of George Romero films. It most definitely is a parody but not a complete spoof like Austin Powers because this film has it's genuinely scary horror moments that tribute and pay homage to the of the Dead film series. Shaun is an everyday nobody that just wants the best for his relationship with Lizzy, meanwhile a zombie apocalypse has infected the local English suburbs. That plot may sound typical and bland but fortunately Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg understood that British comedy would put the premise in a world of it's own. I think that if this film wasn't such a rib tickling comedy it would lose itself in the sheer quantity of zombie horrors at the time. It has can have entertainment value for nearly every movie goer such as gore fest horror fanatics, comedy cravers and romantic silver tonged devils. And if that doesn't appeal to you then there is of course the ravishing Kate Ashfield as Liz. It isn't perfect though, the CGI makes the blood look too comic and slapstick and the film felt a little too short, I'm sure they could of expanded on Shaun as a character and his life as a whole. Overall it's a funny British classic and the perfect marriage of horror and comedy.
February 14, 2017
It handles zombie apocalypse tropes with great comedic tones and satire. Fun cast and pretty funny all around.
February 12, 2017
Great movie loads of action
February 11, 2017
Shaun of the Dead (2004) Calificación: 7.8/10
½ January 27, 2017
Shaun of the dead is the best comedy of the year, it's great
January 22, 2017
Probably the greatest horror comedy ever made and probably the second best in the Corneto trilogy.
January 14, 2017
I don't know if I can call this the best movie ever made, but it sure is one of my favorite.
Page 1 of 1997