Shaun of the Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shaun of the Dead Reviews

Page 1 of 1999
January 18, 2018
This is one of my favourite films of all time, Simon Pegg's titlelur character Shaun is one of the best examples of average block in an apocalyptic situation. This is because I've never seen another character blend so well into the situation that it is actually hilarious. Nick Frost's Ed is of course the classic drunk best friend who just can't let go of his mate and sure Ed is a bit of a prick at times but we all laughed at him at some point in the movie and we were all shocked when he did get bitten. Few movies have ever made me feel bad for the guy who is generally a massive cunt but this one movie made the cunt likeable. The story it self is superb and the fact that the comedy in this movie is already known to be some the best Britain has ever produced.
½ January 13, 2018
last orders, please..

Shaun Of The Dead

It's funny, to the point and exciting; Simon Pegg upbeats all the cult keys that were missing lately on semi comic movies.
January 8, 2018
One of british funniest horrors
January 3, 2018
Great British Horror Comedy, perfect balance of spoofs and scares. Writing is fantastic, every time you watch it you notice something else. Kind of reminds me of the foreshadowing used in Get Out, except a little less subtle.
December 21, 2017
Edgar Wright showcases a great satire that has you loving his style of directing, including exciting jump-cuts of boring actions, rhythmic direction, and every other aspect of this movie that makes this more than just a zombie movie.
December 17, 2017
The one thing Edgar Wright has never lacked is style and this movie is bursting with it. It is fast, clever, full of wit and charm, and never wastes a cut, a transition, or a line of dialogue. Wright and crew go on to prove that with a bit of originality and a lot ton of character, you can turn even the simplest of premises and the most tedious of genres into a horror/comedy masterpiece.
December 12, 2017
My all time favorite horror comedy that has perfect performances by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost who each are extremely funny. Edgar Wright is an incredible director and makes the first installment in the trilogy undeniable hilarious and memorable.
December 10, 2017
Edgar Wright and the fun and nosense start for his "cornetto trilogy". Perfect comedy to satire the genre zombie movies ... is right a zombie apocalypse and the beginnings of this wave in cinema, perfect !! British humor, good jokes, exempted directing and editing leaving the agile rhythm and fun, registered its cinema brand. Along with "Zombieland," the best movie that managed to take mood of extreme situations. Great ... great !! If u enjoys this whole thing of zombies and laughs at a totally british mood. This film is a good thing !! Cornetto trilogy starts perfectly!
½ November 25, 2017
A parody of zombie films, with a quite common plot, full of references to other movies (such as Romero's) and enjoyable dialogues with lots of british humor. Considered to be a modern cult film.
November 17, 2017
A solid balance of humor, wit, action, and zombie fun.

A hapless electronics store employee who spends most of his spare time downing pints at the local pub with his roommate, Ed (Nick Frost), Shaun's life seems to fall apart when he is dumped by his girlfriend, Liz (Kate Ashfield), and his obnoxious stepfather, Philip (Bill Nighy), shows up to berate him for not being more attentive to his caring mother Barbara (Penelope Wilton) -- especially since he forgot to send flowers for her birthday. Things take a turn for the worse when the dead return to stake their claim on the Earth, and though the chaos that follows threatens to swallow up all of England.

I've never seen the entire Cornetto Trilogy (aside from "The World's End'), so I knew I had to start from the beginning. Excited, "Shaun of the Dead" was first up. In today's world, zombies have become such a prevalent thing in our media and entertainment to the point where they've become a generic concept. Now you can have entertaining zombie pieces, but you'll have to stretch further out than normal. With this film, it was definitely a fun zombie flick. I think it was shot really well and I had a ton of fun with it, even if it wasn't die hard funny. If anything, it was definitely a fun time.

One thing that was great about this film was the cinematography. I thought the camerawork was so fantastic. It was able to tell the story and help progress the narrative without ever using any straight forward dialogue. I think that's a really valuable thing to recognize, especially since film is a lot of visual storytelling. It was something that made this zombie film stand out against other zombie films, which is really valuable. When you think of zombie films, this film does a good job of putting itself at the top of that conversation just through its unique aspects alone.

I thought this film had solid character depth, but nothing that'll blow you away. It's a comedy first, story second. I think there were plenty of chuckle worthy moments and I was able to have fun throughout the entire thing. I don't think this is the funniest film I've ever seen but it wasn't unfunny. Take that for what is is, but that's my honest opinion on this film and its humor.

I think the writing was solid and as one of Edgar Wright's first films, it was really impressive. To see where he was in his roots and recognize the fact that he hasn't lost that touch today is awe inspiring. I think he's a great and artistic filmmaker. Even though I didn't love this film I definitely had a good time with it.

In the end, I thought this was a solid movie and a fun zombie flick. It was well made, fast paced, and comedic. I do recommend this film for people who haven't seen any of Edgar Wright's work, or fans of zombie flicks in general.
November 7, 2017
Esse é um gênero que eu gosto muito :Terror com comédia,muitas vezes é só mais um besteirol mas esse é diferente,tem uma história sólida,é muito bem dirigido,e o mais importante tem muito humor,
November 2, 2017
Shaun Of The Dead: Constantly funny, witty and full of gore. Edgar Wright delivers the right amount of everything.
½ October 30, 2017
Shaun of the Dead is a classic. I will say it starts stronger than it finishes but it is fresh and new with some witty dialogue.
October 24, 2017
With Edgar Wright in the director's chair and Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in the lead roles, Shaun of the Dead is one of the best horror comedies ever made. The horror and comedic elements go together well, and the script is top-notch.
October 23, 2017
The greatest movie of all time, oh why not; perfect bit of fun for a rainy day or when life gets too much, sit back unscrew your brain and enjoy!
½ October 20, 2017
An expertly-crafted masterpiece!
October 14, 2017
Good zombie horror movie. Slow at the beginning, but got entertained near the end of the movie
½ September 26, 2017
Great movie. It was emotional and funny and just a good movie overall.
September 19, 2017
Another monster movie has a comedy.
Page 1 of 1999