She's Having a Baby Reviews

• Jun 22, 2019

One of my faves from my younger days!

One of my faves from my younger days!

• Jun 23, 2018

Despite the mixed reviews, I decided to check this film out in my quest to watch all of John Hughes movies. The story had legs and chronicled the build-up from marriage to suburban life to pregnancy to birth very well. The movie cut out a big opportunity to show Jake walking up to the aisle in dread and fear for the big changes coming to his life before he got married. The Flashback Scenes were annoying and a few of them added nothing to the story and were a hollow attempt at humour. Nonetheless I enjoyed watching the movie but it wasn't his best work.

• May 05, 2017

A newlywed husband struggles with being a husband and the reality of a lifestyle change a baby will bring. Filled with many familiar faces from Hughes' previous film. Subpar for him.

• Feb 10, 2017

In terms of a John Hughes film this is not one of his better films. There are some nicely played, well thought out moments though.

• Aug 20, 2016

Newlywed couple have a baby in this yuppie romantic comedy-drama.

Newlywed couple have a baby in this yuppie romantic comedy-drama.

• Apr 18, 2016

Couple struggles with parenthood in this yuppie dramedy.

Couple struggles with parenthood in this yuppie dramedy.

• Mar 16, 2016

Probably John Hughes's best film. So many great roles--Alec Baldwin, pre Downton Abbey Elizabeth McGovern, and the indomitable Kevin Bacon. Great scene with Bacon imagining his in laws coaching him on how to impregnate McGovern, whilst sporting miner's hats.

• Sep 08, 2015

John Hughes unfortunately graduates from teen films to more adult subject matter as film follows a couple from marriage to suburban middle class living. Film is from the point of view of Bacon, which is good since most of the characters around him are not that appealing. Hughes still had a few high points left in his career but this film signalled the slide.

• Alice S Super Reviewer
    Jul 01, 2015

The title event doesn't even happen until forty minutes into the movie. Elizabeth McGovern is criminally one-note as a criminally underwritten shrew. Kristy and Jake's relationship arc is borderline nonexistent. How did they fall for each other in the first place, and are we to believe that a baby will infuse purpose in this surface love story? Kevin Bacon plays quarter-life-crisis with stunned anxiety, and the using newspaper to plan out where furniture goes is rather clever, but the movie is a bore and a half.

• Apr 27, 2015

Though not his most well-known work, this movie is one of many in the John Hughes catalogue that I enjoy. If you check out his filmography between '82 - '92, there are so many great movies we can thank John Hughes for. Kevin Bacon is excellent.