She's the Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

She's the Man Reviews

November 18, 2016
A hilarious movie that makes people come to a realisation that people are still discriminating girls/woman in this day & age. Really enjoyed watching it as it had a really nice moral????
October 21, 2016
This movie is everything
October 19, 2016
Loved the movie. Amanda Bynes was great in it. Channing Tatum, need I say more in this movie.
September 28, 2016
Wow, this is like the most feminist movie I've seen in a long time, and it came out a decade ago! Based on Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night," Viola disguises herself as her twin brother Sebastian in order to play soccer at a rival school because her old school won't let her try out for the boys' soccer team after they cut the girls' team. The character updates are really quite clever, like with Malvolio being terrible Malcom's tarantula, Sebastian skipping school to chase his true bliss at a music festival, and the battle of the sexes plot is nicely balanced with transgressions and redemptions on all sides.

Amanda Bynes's "boy" mannerisms and 2000-era Justin Bieber wig are ridiculously bad, but she is still a committed physical comedienne. Lauren Ramsey as heartbroken Olivia is an earnest girl-next-door with bite, and I even found Channing all-over-your Tatum to be pretty sweet.
September 19, 2016
It's just laughable how formulaic this really is.
September 3, 2016
I absolutely love this movie, and I've seen it over 5 times. It's quirky, funny, and the meaning behind it is great. I highly recommend it!
August 26, 2016
All time favorite movie, been quoting it in my house since 2006.
August 18, 2016
Totally cute, despite some awful decisions in the text - the horrendous misuse of "Some are born great" being the worst choice, followed closely by losing the Toby/Maria relationship in favour of shaming someone with severe dental problems, and also combining Feste with Malvolio. There's some genuine heart in it nonetheless, some great laugh-out-loud moments, and a few superb Shakespearean in-jokes (like the fair being held in Stratford). Bynes takes a little getting used to but shines when juggling both genders - the contrast between them is stark and she uses this to great effect. Tatum and Ramsey are both charming, and it's great to see Hagerty and Cross on the big screen in hilarious roles. It's also fantastic to see Jones tapping his soccer expertise but it would have been even better to see him play.
August 5, 2016
I'm a sucker for "chick flick" comedies. So, of course I thought this movie was endearing and goofy. It's become one of my favorites to watch.

Apparently this film is based on the Shakespeare book "The Twelfth Night".

Times watched: 6
½ March 31, 2016
i watchd this with my girlfriend but is crap real real crap
January 27, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie!!! Probably because I love the game of soccer but it also had a really cute storyline!
½ January 13, 2016
She's the Man is a loose adaptation of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. Somewhat entertaining despite being improbable.
January 13, 2016
This is still one of my favorite Tatum movies, funny, sexy and over all made this movie along with his co actress Amanda Bynes.
January 4, 2016
She's the Man: a middle of the road chick flick with an strange girl who cross dresses and a predicable plot. But hey, Channing Tatum.
November 14, 2015
This is a ridiculous movie but in a good way. It has a great supporting cast (David Cross, Channing Tatum, etc.) and Amanda Bynes gives an amaing performance. I never thought I'd like this movie but after seeing it - it's great.
October 30, 2015
Everyone loved this movie when it came out. It's still funny and different and has aged very well.
½ October 27, 2015
I never thought I'd watch this movie, then I got married.
I'm sure there are a lot of reviewers who could say such things. This is a cutesy Shakespeare wanna-be, loaded with mostly harmless themes, and clearly made for a teen audience. It loses everything in the translation.
August 21, 2015
I'm pretty sure when Shakespeare made "Twelfth Night," the play in which this movie is adapted form, he didn't ever think it would be made into a teenage high school drama/ chick flick/ rom-com. Bynes, Tatum and Cross deliver good enough performances, added on by a FEW good scenes and one liners that make this movie somewhat good. However, even tolerable performances can't camouflage this movies sloppy and recycled dialogue and the plot line of a girl disguising herself as a guy for one reason or another that's been done too many times. You could for a long time about all the things this movie did wrong, but I won't. Luckily, it is mildly entertaining, and as mentioned, the performances by the main cast were alright. Avoid this movie if you can...
July 24, 2015
Amanda Bynes feels like another one of those typical Hollywood stars who just can't figure out who their target audience is supposed to be! I hate her so much!
½ July 6, 2015
One of Amanda Byne's best. She truly is (was) a female comedian to behold.