Sicko - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sicko Reviews

½ August 27, 2017
*worst movie. Horribly and dangerously misleading. I don't want to say that based on michael's advise people will die. I'll let someone else do it.
½ June 25, 2017
This film made me angry. A must watch.
June 8, 2017
Though he criticizes America multiply times, Sicko is still interesting on Crap Health Care in the 2000s America era......still worth checking out
May 4, 2017
An interesting film for its time. Things have changed a little since, but it still reflects the sad state of American health care. It does drag a little though. At over two hours it is too long for a documentary. (First and only viewing - 7/14/2016)
February 24, 2017
It's good movie to watch
February 8, 2017
Very highly recommended. I watched it twice and it is the most educational documentary I've ever seen.
½ January 21, 2017
What a ridiculous premise
January 5, 2017
lets all laugh at the stupid americans!
½ October 6, 2016
Sicko is an eye opening film, because either you are American and you get to learn about the health care systems of Great Britain, France, and Cuba, or you are not American and get to see how bonkers it really is. I learned a thing or two from this, and it was mind boggling how awesome some European health care systems are. Michael Moore films usually have one over the top moment, and in this one it'd have to be the scene where he's on the boat with the people and he uses a megaphone to try and contact Guantanamo Bay prison. Either way, its a solid and informative movie.
½ October 4, 2016
I like Michael Moore and his movies. This one came out after his most famous, most-watched, most commercially successful Fahrenheit 9/11. So it seems like it has the slickest production values and is put together especially well. And knowing the extreme media attention, seems he keeps the manipulation of truth/timelines at the minimum, to avoid getting attacked for it later. The scene that stays with me the most after all these years contains the line, "Is this really how we treat those in need? I thought we as a society were better than this". I can always re-watch the Awful Truth (tv show) segment this was based on where he held a mock funeral for a dying man denied by his insurance company. It's probably the most powerful minutes of television....ever. God bless Michael Moore.
September 27, 2016
Can make you sick, but aware
½ August 27, 2016
Your opinion on the topic will depend heavily on your stance on healthcare in the United States. Nevertheless, Sicko is still a well-made, funny and insightful look into a controversial system.
July 19, 2016
Michael Moore delivers in his usual fashion.
July 10, 2016
Sick of this sick healthcare system that definitely doesn't need to be this way.
½ July 8, 2016
Scary as hell, because I'm 65 and in the George W. Bush invented "doughnut hole" which means I can't afford my $1,100 prescription, I'm paying over 570.00 for health insurance every month, our property was just re-assessed and it already had increased $500 BEFORE re-assessment, and we are both retired on fixed incomes. Yes, "golden Years" are anything but...thanks to the Republicans who are so money hungry, and some of the Democrats are no better. Why do we put up with this? Because the average IQ in the US is 97 and falling, so that the working class is too unintelligent to see that the Republicans just don't give a damn about them and just want to bleed them dry. Greedy American corporations have done away with unions by taking our factory jobs overseas where it is cheaper for the corporations and the US working class is left with the service industry--MacDonalds, Walmart, or serving tables at Olive Garden, while the corporation, AMA, health insurance companies hospitals, and pharmaceutical companies bleed us dry, then put us out on the street, still sick and penniless after they have taken all that people worked a lifetime for. I'm just about ready to move to Canada! Where I could get my $1,100 prescription for $5.00.
½ June 16, 2016
Near-perfect documentary sure to tickle your emotional bone as much as it tickles your funny bone.
April 22, 2016
Certainly not Moore's best work- an important issue indeed but 'Sicko' doesn't really offer a lot of new insight. Still, it's funny and entertaining enough, and won't disappoint fans of Moore's other works.

Moore has often been accused of twisting the facts but in this case he just seems to avoid trying to present any particularly controversial ones at all. Obviously, there is much to dislike about America's healthcare system (though much has also changed since this film's release) but 'Sicko' provides a fairly shallow look at the issues in question. For example, he interviews a bunch of Europeans so that Americans can hear from others how unlucky they are. You can't help but feel like that's a little lazy.

Still, I find Moore entertaining and enjoy his stunts, some of which are on show here and this is certainly the kind of topic that one would expect Moore to make a film about.

The film isn't as relevant as it once was (heck, certain elements of it were out of date by the time the film even came out) but this isn't one to watch to learn facts. it's really just an entertaining look at the, completely flabbergasting, disparities between different Nation's approaches to healthcare.
½ April 12, 2016
False info, an annoying host, and socialist propaganda makes this a tortuous sit for anyone not on the left side of politics.
February 17, 2016
Funny documentary/satire on the sorry state of American healthcare with a few foreign examples thrown in to show that it need not be this bad.
½ February 14, 2016
Sim, Michael Moore às vezes se mostra extremamente auto-indulgente, mas a força de suas denúncias e os argumentos - não: provas - são gigantes o suficiente.