Silver Linings Playbook - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Silver Linings Playbook Reviews

½ April 16, 2018
Horribly boring movie. And I hate it when it happens to really good actors, but this pathetic story is only a pretext to the cute final dance number and sentimentality. A real tear jerker as in bored to tears.
April 16, 2018
Another David Russell movie most people like that I hate. JL won an Oscar and I don't think she deserved it. The whole thing bored me from beginning to end. Horrible.
April 5, 2018
A masterpiece. Moving, with great performances from de Niro, Cooper and Lawrence that make me just feel great about life.
½ April 2, 2018
"Silver Linings Playbook" is a comeback story that many are going to relate to whether they find themselves as the characters in the beginning or the end. Starting over after being incarcerated is unique and humbling experience and this film explores this narrative with a sense of hope and humor that gives it its charm. However, this is only possible because of the brilliant and bold performances of Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence. Overall, this film is beautiful for its lighthearted charm while being realistic about recovery.
½ March 26, 2018
A very good movie. May not be suitable for those who don't like slow, dramatic, movies, but will be a definite treat for those who do.
March 18, 2018
Bradley Cooper is great,Jennifer Lawrence is ok but oscar best actress?lol Harvey Sweinstein most paid academy that win
March 10, 2018
Jennifer Lawrence is amazing!
March 6, 2018
An incredible movie, when I look at it, calms me
March 3, 2018
Amazing Movie - just re-watched it this week. Great script, dialogue, flow and JLaw, Bradley Cooper, Dinero, Jackie Weaver, and Chris Tucker are fantastic.
½ February 27, 2018
A very well made and very well acted film. The 2 leads serve up an interesting romance and it is hard not to fall for this film.

Bobby De Niro's best role in years.
½ February 13, 2018
Another empty... thing by David O. Russell.
February 10, 2018
Great fantastic phenomenal sad romantic movie starring Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, and Robert De Niro. This movie gave me what I needed most right now and if your under a lot of stress right now or ever watch this movie and it will help you deal what that stress and turn it into positivity and fix that stress to work harder and strive more. Believe in yourself p, that's what this movie taught me and do crazy things to accomplish it.
½ February 7, 2018
The performances of Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrance (who won the Oscar for best actress with this film), representing characters with mental problems, were absolutely fantastic, honest, real, and I stand out especially because , within a world that does not appeal to happy endings, both believed they could achieve it.
This movie will leave you, happy for them, nervous about them, even annoyed by the course of certain scenes and made me understand that there is plenty to do to combat discrimination of people with mental illness.
Simply one of the best movies I've seen in recent times, subtle but intense. Amazing!

|It's a 8.6 out of 10|
February 6, 2018
My expectations before watching it was low and let's just say I was blown away. What a great movie. Def David O Russell's best.
½ February 1, 2018
Eu gostei de Silver Lining Playbook. Eu não esperava muito do conceito desse filme, então foi fácil ele suberar minhas espectativas. A histórias não é o ponto mais forte, mas chega a ser interessante em alguns momentos. Sem sombra de dúvidas a melhor parte de Silver Lining Playbook é ter a Jennifer Lawrence no elenco.
January 30, 2018
There are good performances in this romantic comedy and it's entertaining but ultimately not overly memorable. AAN GGN AFI
January 28, 2018
(5.0 out of 6)- Crazy gamble to route for the broken man.
When we wished to see the outside again, but not ready when we see we are still living on the inside. When we see we have pant up emotions, thoughts, and countless new approaches to go by change that we see a new us but nobody sees it. When we continue to see our end zone when we need to see ourselves reach there again. When we don't see that life poses challenges to us that we don't see, when we dont live in the moment with those whom want to see us the way we were. When we don't see eye to eye with those whom we wished to see we let them down. When we see have a great support group from within that far reaches to outside that cheer us on when we are down to not see who is on our team. When we see we are ready to be put into our old swing of things in life but others dont see why you can't see why you act this way when you only see the touchdown you wish to reach. When we see we take small steps, embrace every accomplishment and slowly build and climb to our goals. When we don't see this patch of fog that we continuely claw through, whether it's the past memories, old faces, new faces, what we can't get right, what we don't identify or remain in the moment with those whom are clear,you living our moment when we are mentally unstable. When we see some places that are more suitable we wished to be when it's healing, what's needed, what's missing and what continuely is safer when we have family, friends and a team to support us.

When you dont see being on a team you make the players around you great. When we see that we are on the right paths, right narrow, divert all the negative energy we feel and only focus on the silver linings. When we only see our end zone goal to be in top shape, strengthen ourselves and the team around us, not risk being pulled out of the game by one bad move, or risk our teammates, when we need all this support when everything is alright, and we can begin again. When we see some support is harder to achieve when we need to perform. When we see we are only a one sport kind of guy to focus only on what we are good at, being good for only one person. When we see we need to go the distance for some goals to be met. When we see we are struck with some stroke of luck when our team gets stronger and now can perform better then we expected with a different perspective. When we see not every member of our team are players but fans when they are right by our side encouraging us and betting on the side (Pete Rose). When we see that what makes others good go to players when we see eye to eye on plays. When we see our goals are farther away then we thought we would reach when some odds are against us and we don't see a victory. When we see we have a lot riding in some games when the game is on and off the field that we must win. When we see we must follow by the book as it is called out and follow superstitions when they all work. When we see the the game as a whole, when our team is our state that we don't see was winning all along. When we see our hail mary pass for an early touch down is possible, but others see no chance when they rather intercept. When we see we don't have faith in our team and organization when we don't see ourselves winning. When we are trying to look for the signs to see what we can do when we see life is out of our control on one aspect and the other we see we have a chance we go all in. When we don't want to be seen in a light where we need to be cheated when or lead to believe we are winners or losers to see what is in our vary own eyes. When we need to see others whom we see are good for us and others whom drive us crazy to see we got a good thing going in the next season. When we see all we have worked for comes down to this one game to just cover the spread. When we see we don't play by others games but our own when it's must more positive. When the game is better shared with everyone on the team whom can make us see what we always could see a real championship team we can revisit every Sunday as a family.

When we see things clearer when we are in a good place, to know who we want on our team when they got us in the right mind & place.
½ January 3, 2018
i was mostly confused by everything in this film. but i enjoyed it anyway
½ December 31, 2017
A sweet movie to end the year on.
December 21, 2017
every time i watch this movie - i fell good.