Silver Linings Playbook - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Silver Linings Playbook Reviews

April 14, 2017
Funny, smart and excellent
March 24, 2017
Heartwarming movie that shows some of the real life struggles that come with living with mental illness in your life (your own mental illness or that of a loved one). A unique and refreshing story that is very sweet and heartwarming.
March 19, 2017
watched it last week and it really touched me...good movie with some unexpected turns
March 17, 2017
When I heard of Katniss Everdeen becoming Tiffany Maxwell, making Jennnifer Lawrence win a best actor oscar I was a bit skeptical. But I have to admit she did a great job in this nevrotic ataching role. De Niro and Braddley Cooper really leverage it. Not a must see but a very fresh romantic comedy.
March 15, 2017
It uses a very sensitive and pitiful scenario to build spectacular comedy and to develop a genuine beautiful love story. Jennifer Lawrence made maybe the most beautiful female lead of romantic comedies here.
½ March 5, 2017
A romantic comedy with a bit more depth to it. Good watch.
March 4, 2017
I'm not a fan of romantic comedies. Never have been. But this film is absolutely fantastic. It's so rare to find romantic comedies or plain old comedies with suck great writing and heart to them. It helps that the films subject matter its home with me, as I have a close family member who is bipolar. I honestly though, I think the film's message is universal. The casting is perfect. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence have unmatched chemistry in this film. Robert Deniro and Jacki Weaver as Pat's parents turn in great performances. Even Chris Tucker's minor role is memorable. I have seen this movie countless times and plan on seeing it many more.
March 2, 2017
There's always a way to find happiness and this movie shows how much you can change if you find the right person, i must say that i really liked this movie, maybe it's not the greatest movie of all times but it sure has something amazing to offer and it's up to you to understand the message of this film.
February 22, 2017
My all time number 1 movie. A perfect depiction of mental illness, without overly saddening the audience. A beautiful story of how two struggling individuals saved one another without even realizing it.
February 21, 2017
Grade - A-
David O. Russell once again delivers a fun, realistic, heartfelt story packed with great performances, loveable characters and wonderfully written dialogue. An uplifting movie not to be missed.
February 4, 2017
Atypical for what is, on the surface, a romantic comedy; It combines elements of multiple genres, it's able to achieve a balance between its multiple themes and array of characters, and it features some strong acting performances, including a surprising performance from Lawrence. Some of the plotting may be a bit questionable, but at least it has more elements of realism than an average romantic comedy.
½ January 31, 2017
David O'Russell's finest work. One of the best flawed character story tellers. And although there are a lot of characters, he manages to develop the important one's with no trouble. Smart, funny, well acted and always makes me tear up at the end. Silver Linings is excellent.
January 28, 2017
This drama is easy to get invested into because of it's great screenplay and A list cast. Bradley Cooper hits a career best and you always know you're going to get something good out of Robert De Niro. Jennifer Lawrence was 50/50 for me. On one side, when she was calm and even tempered, I thought her performance was subtlety brilliant. However, when she was shouting and screaming, I thought it was over the top (which she does often do) and it seemed like she was begging for the Oscar. Which payed off because she won. That is my only problem though because other than that, it is well directed, it has hilarious humour and some important messages.
January 11, 2017
Some "Stepford Wife" ladies told me they just didn't get it. Which is basically the best compliment it could receive. It's just real, authentic, sweet, true, and honest. Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are wonderful in it, as is the story and the rest of the cast. Delightfully raw and quirky without trying hard. Love it.
January 10, 2017
Solid movie with a great cast.
December 31, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 29, 2016
Certainly Best Picture worthy material here...that is, until the dust settles from the opening twenty minutes. The film's first twenty minutes are a chore to watch, with Bradley Cooper's character coming off as too jarring and annoying to root for. Once he engages with Jennifer Lawrence's character, however, the two put forth the performances of their careers. Several clever plot twists keep the audience member entertained and focused on the plot's development as Cooper's character goes from annoying to tolerable to completely likeable, while Lawrence's character drives the entire plot with scene after scene of emotive acting. An incredible film, albeit one that stumbles out of the gate, but makes absolutely sure to blaze through the finish line.
December 29, 2016
Wanna be love found in a twisted world of life fates
December 19, 2016
This movie surprised me. I really enjoyed it. I am starting to like Jennifer Lawrence a lot.
December 16, 2016
Mielenkiintoinen leffa hyvillä näyttelijöillä! ^_^ (Suom. Unelmien pelikirja)