Singin' in the Rain - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Singin' in the Rain Reviews

September 17, 2017
Beautiful and lively love story!
September 5, 2017
Delightful and funny, this is the kind of movie the classic Hollywood will always be remembered by. Such movies as "The Artist", "La La Land" owe much to this one with its beautiful song\dance numbers, light humour and strong performances. The scene with the leggy dancer is the high point of this movie on my opinion.
August 25, 2017
Best movie I've ever watched in my life
August 25, 2017
Arguably the best movie musical of all time. Humorous, great story arc, supremely entertaining songs & dances; a great homage to the history of film.
August 24, 2017
The only prior knowledge I had of this film was the signature song 'Singing in the Rain featured in other films most notably A Clockwork Orange.
It tells a story of Hollywood filmmaking during the transition from silent films to talkies in the 1920s.
The film is part musical, part comedy, part romance. It reminded me of what La La Land could have been like!
It begins in 1927 and the silent film era. Two of the biggest stars are an on-screen partnership Don Lockwood (Gene Kelly) and Lina Lamont (Jean Hagan). The trouble is Lamont has an awful voice that until now has been hidden with silent films but is threatened with exposure in the new era of talkies.
The studio and Don come up with a solution using Don's new real life love interest Kathy (Debbie Reynolds) to dub Lina's awful voice.
The film features several iconic songs in its musical element. As well as the 'Singing in the Rain' song other notable songs include 'Make 'Em Laugh.'
The story has a comedy element that lowers the tone of the film and makes it so enjoyable along with the musical routines.
I've never been a musical fan but thoroughly enjoyed visiting this film.
½ August 22, 2017
I can see why this is considered one of the greatest movies of all time. Those two guys were tap-dancing AND playing the fiddle. At the same time!
½ August 8, 2017
Very entertaining..Love all the dancing in this musical.
½ July 13, 2017
A movie with great cast and several great musical numbers including the titular song being a highlight of the film.
July 11, 2017
Absolutely deserves every accolade as the best movie musical ever. Sly, funny, witty, charming, exuberant, stunning. Though a lot of controversy between Stanley Donnen and Gene Kelly as far as who deserves credit for directing this masterpiece, they got co-credit so leave it at that. Debbie Reynolds and Donald O'Connor come close to stealing the show. Infectious Golden Hollywood magic at its best.
July 6, 2017
Entertaining and just cracks smiles, Singing in The Rain is the greatest musical of all time
½ June 27, 2017
Singin' in the Rain not only boasts a witty screenplay but also incredibly talented actors who carry out stunningly lyrical tap-dances and conveys indeed 'a glorious feeling' to audience members.
June 26, 2017
Es un clásico! :D I'm singing in the rain Just singing in the rain What a glorious feeling I'm happy again!
June 18, 2017
Existe um consenso de longa data de que este é o melhor filme musical de todos os tempos, e logo vemos que é impossível discordar disso! Singin 'in the Rain é Composto por um grau elevado de detalhes criativos e uma abundância desenfreada de Gene Kelly, Jean Hagen e Donald O'Connor transpirando talento. todos os elementos deste gigantesco arco-íris são cuidadosamente planejado e resultam em um musical clássico colossal.
June 4, 2017
One of my favorite movies of all time. An excellent master class on how to make a good jukebox musical and just overall and excellent movie.
May 21, 2017
My favorite movie of all time
May 17, 2017
By far one of the most extraordinary musicals ever filmed!
May 15, 2017
Jean Hagan is so hilarious in this movie, and the whole thing manages to be insanely cheerful without being sappy. It's delightful.
May 12, 2017
The most perfect musical <3
April 25, 2017
This musical contains some wonderful performances, songs, and scenes. It is also very funny and some of the sight gags by O'Connor are brilliant. Perhaps some of the extended performance scenes are a little dated, but it is still a wonderfully entertaining film. Considered to be the best musical movie of all time and the fifth greatest movie of all time. My favourite film of 1952. 1001