Sinners & Saints Reviews

• May 13, 2017

A great little piece of underrated action filmmaking. Smooth, easy-to-follow action, a decent plot to keep things moving, and an above average cast that turns in fine performances.

• Todd S Super Reviewer
    Jan 05, 2017

Whether you know him best as an occasional actor, a martial arts champion, or a heavy metal singer, there is no doubting the fact that Johnny Strong is a very interested and talented guy. That's why I wanted to see his only leading role, unfortunately, the best part of this film, was it's soundtrack. Strong plays Detective Sean Riley, a cop who doesn't play by any rules. He recently lost his family and now he finds himself smack in the middle of a gang war, that he feels is getting help from inside his own department. On top of that, he's stuck with a new partner, a guy who is definitely not ready for where this investigation is about to go. As far as stories go, this one wasn't too bad, but the problem here is Johnny Strong. I like the guy a lot, when it comes to an actor who can put out a few funny lines and kick some ass, he's perfect, but the star of a feature film, he's not suited for that and it shows. The background story here is pretty solid, but due to the lack of acting skills, it isn't developed much, and we end up with a lot of heated profanity laced arguments, followed by gun fights. Your typical, basic, low budget, action film. There really wasn't anything special about this movie other than a few funny lines, unfortunately pretty much what I expected.

• Mar 12, 2016

I don't know why I love this movie as much as I do!

I don't know why I love this movie as much as I do!

• Apr 26, 2014

Violent and entertaining as well as badly acted and poorly scripted dialogue.

Violent and entertaining as well as badly acted and poorly scripted dialogue.

• Jan 15, 2014

A gritty cop action thriller with a post-Katrina New Orleans background. Tightly directed with good acting and very good action sequences. Definitely and above average cop movie.

• Oct 16, 2013

TV quality, but nice supplement to Cage's "Bad Lieutenant". Good shootouts. Method Man, Flanery, Rutten and Mandylor keep it from being an entire cast of unknowns.

• Sep 19, 2013

Absolutely great action film and good acting on top of it! Really liked this movie a lot!

• Sep 15, 2013

Dude kicks sum serious ass n dont mess wit M-E-T-H-O-D MAN!

Dude kicks sum serious ass n dont mess wit M-E-T-H-O-D MAN!

• Jun 10, 2013

This movie is surprisingly Bad ass. I wish Method Man had a bigger part doh. He was Awesome.

• Mar 17, 2013

Awesome action scenes and a semi-decent plot shot in New Orleans. Worth a watch.