Sixteen Candles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sixteen Candles Reviews

November 19, 2017
Absurdly and absolutely fun.
October 28, 2017
did not enjoy one bit. boring characters and a forgettable story.
September 9, 2017
Cringeworthy. Racism and sexism at it's finest.
½ August 9, 2017
Yikes. I know it was the 80's but saying faggot this much is in such bad taste. Also the 10 year old making a joke saying to make sure they boil the sheets after the Chinese exchange student leaves was disgusting. The two main leads also have zero chemistry because they don't get together until the last 2 minutes of the film. It's beyond creepy this film.
August 3, 2017
Good but not as good as the breakfast club
July 16, 2017
not a single likable character in this whole movie
July 11, 2017
A great coming-of-the-age film with many memorable lines and characters. Highly recommended
July 8, 2017
I love this movie! It has everything a teen angst movie needs. The plot is cute and the dialogue is hilarious. The casting was fabulous, and the characters totally believable. It totally characterizes the 80's in every way.
May 1, 2017
Not John Hughes' best film but still quite entertaining. Ringwald better than usual as the the teen girl whose family forgets her birthday on the eve of her sister's wedding while she frets about the guy she likes in school. The one negative - the obnoxious little brother.
April 15, 2017
If only I had discovered this earlier, at least I watched it and loved it. Anthony Michael Hall pulls all the stops being likeable as much, if not more, than his performance on National Lampoon's Vacation.
March 13, 2017
Michael Schoeffling.
½ January 8, 2017
I don't remember other John Hughes films being so funny or so sweary. Shame it took me so long to see this.
December 29, 2016
John Hughes is God. Just about. Fantastic movie even 30+ years later.
November 29, 2016
I'd give a star just because Molly Ringwald is there.
November 27, 2016
John Hughes delivers a great yet simple story revolving around a birthday and love. Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall are both great together and separate.
November 6, 2016
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS MOVIE!
(I know every word!!)
½ October 29, 2016
Sixteen Candles is an timeless 80s gem with witty dialogue and charming performances from Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall.
October 21, 2016
If you enjoy heteronormative teen movies that are offensive, sexist, and unapologetically cheesy then this is the movie for you!
½ October 12, 2016
What in the world did I just watched?
½ October 5, 2016
Over the top silly at points but there is truth within the story and themes and it makes for a truly hilarious time.