Sleuth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sleuth Reviews

½ October 18, 2016
It began as such an interesting and intriguing film, but by the end it was becoming tiresome, and ultimately just dumb. The acting however is truly superb. I mean on an unusual and noteworthy scale.
December 31, 2015
I enjoyed the first 30 minutes. The remainder is tedious at best. I gave it two stars for the acting. I am overjoyed I did not see this at the movie house. I was overseas at the time.
½ December 28, 2015
While it boasts fantastic acting and brilliant cinematography, Sleuth seems to drag along, more so after 70 minutes has gone by.
½ December 15, 2015
Once the homosexual subtext is brought to the surface, everything seems to be a joke. Are they gay, kidding, or just considering?
December 10, 2015
Oh, fu*k you! Michael Cain was in it! Still, it's painful to see how some people just can't (big emphasis on CANNOT) backport the Theater into the Big Screen. Shame.
April 10, 2015
fuck you all! this is a great film. yes I'm just being ornery, but really? 36%?
March 27, 2015
Feels long and drawn out for 88 minutes.....that's not good.
½ March 13, 2015
Jude Law's League of Gentlemen audition went brilliantly.
January 31, 2015
An utter redundancy.
January 18, 2015
Sin estar a al altura de la original de Joseph L Mankiewcz , la que es una de mis peliculas favoritas , esta versiòn mantiene su encanto . Kenneth Branagh me resulta muy interesante como director.Serìa curioso ver dentro de unos años a Jude Law haciendo el papel de Michel Caine , como hace 35 años lo hizo Caine con el de Laurence Olivier.
November 19, 2014
Very well written. A very odd film. But very captivating at the same time.
October 1, 2014
Not as terrible as everyone says it is. Then again, I'm not a pretentious asshole looking for some deeper meaning. I found it quite amusing.
½ September 4, 2014
The updated story of a wealthy writer of detective stories, and an aspiring yet out-of-work actor who is having an affair with the writer's wife. The writer's exquisitely modernized Georgian manor becomes the backdrop for a cat and mouse game that pits one creative mind against another.
½ July 2, 2014
I saw the original 1972 film when it had it's first theatrical release and loved it. I was intrigued by this remake and it was very interesting, as any film would be with a Pinter screenplay, Branagh's direction, and Michael Caine and Jude Law for the protagonists. Although this pic was good, the original was slightly better with more twists and turns. One factor to that was the shortened length, of course. The homosexual element in the original was implied, but not clearly stated as here, but then it was 1972, after all. Even though not quite as good, in the world of remakes, where new is usually horribly inferior, this is a stellar one.
June 23, 2014
MAGNIFICO SUSPENSO BUEN REMAKE DE LA DEL 1972
June 21, 2014
Completely wasting third act, intrigue became unfounded absurd.
½ May 7, 2014
Cat & Mouse Character Drama Is At Times Bizzare, Twists & Turns, But Works It Way Through To An Alright End. The Face-Off Between The Two (Similar Acting Styles) Old/New Caine/Law Is A Brilliant Combination Though. I'm Not Surprised Jude Sought Michael Out For This Little Project Of His.
½ May 4, 2014
exciting with fine performances.