Smoke Signals - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Smoke Signals Reviews

October 7, 2017
If this movie does not make you weep, you do not have father issues. Count yourself blessed.
½ September 3, 2017
Really, really good film! They really cover everything in this - life on the reservation, father/son relationships, and a great deal of culture of the Native American way of life. I really liked the relationship between Victor and Thomas and the natural feel that existed between the characters. Thomas was my favorite - his voice, his smile, and the stories he wove. I really enjoyed the Native radio station announcements, especially the traffic reports, and it was a kick to see two actresses from "Northern Exposure" in here! Good music too! I'd definitely watch this again!
June 13, 2017
One of my favorite movies. A major theme of the film is the complicated relationship sons have with their fathers. The poem Thomas reads at the end of the film is one of the most moving moments in cinema.
January 16, 2017
On a mission to watch all Idaho location-based films.
April 19, 2016
A well-intentioned film with very unlikable characters and a cliche plot, just featuring Natives.
April 18, 2016
I had to watch this for my latest GEO essay, but surprisingly, was a pretty good film.
April 9, 2016
We should make more meaningful movies like this
½ February 23, 2016
Smoke Signals takes you on a journey with two native Americans as they learn who they are.
November 13, 2015
This is a must see movie! Entertaining for everyone.
November 11, 2015
I saw this a long time ago and I couldn't stop laughing!
½ May 18, 2015
Simple story done really well.
March 1, 2015
love this movie ''
½ January 10, 2015
This movie inspired me to make fry bread. It's worth watching but not a happy theme.
Michelle Ress January 2015
November 4, 2014
Flat movie with little comedy. This movie is incredibly boring.
September 25, 2014
The themes and narrative structure are fine, but the execution and result is laughable.
½ September 6, 2014
A well-made and well-told indie film.
August 24, 2014
Such good cast and their performances were riveted by good spirits that came to this very well-made independent film, written by the author of its source material that was stretched to a better feature-length story. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
May 27, 2014
Real Native American actors are used in this splendid tale about a son who must forgive his father's past mistakes.
½ May 13, 2014
awesome indie-one of my faves is this first feature written directed produced and starring native americericans