Some Like It Hot - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Some Like It Hot Reviews

August 3, 2017
This movie is hilarious, turning an somewhat interesting plot into one of the funniest movies to ever be crafted within the film industry.
August 3, 2017
<3 This movie is amazing! From the very beginning untill the end it's pure gold. <3
August 1, 2017
Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis are hilarious in this screw ball comedy Some Like it Hot. It's plot is unique and the situations that Wilder creates for the two actors are witty and extremely funny. Marilyn Monroe such a beauty on screen and she was a great actress but her character wasn't as interesting as the two male leads which was a lost.
½ July 20, 2017
Some Like It Hot's wonderful cast that bring a genius script to life. Curtis & Lemmon are an iconic duo that aspiring comics need to watch. The cinematography in Some Like It Hot nothing flashy; the visual excitement comes largely from fantastic slapstick and drama. It's awesome. Some Like It Hot is also a film with something gutsy to say. The homosexual experimentation/drag theme was a big thing at time of release. Marylin Monroe plays Marylin Monroe, and with wonderful direction and production, the comedy is golden; you mustn't miss Some Like It Hot. Some Like It Hot, absolutely, is worthy of a 4.5 star rating. A true classic, both of comedy and drama, which will likely remain timeless forever.
July 2, 2017
very funny performances from Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon dressed as women Trying to hide from the mob. Typical performance from marilyn Monroe, glamorous as ever
½ June 16, 2017
This film is pretty clever. Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis dress up as girls to escape the mafia. Probably was an unusual plot back in the 50s. Even though the plot is unusual, the film is great. Jack and Tony did a great job playing both genders. Marilyn Monroe also did good in this film. The 1920s jazz background was also neat. This film is also really funny. A definite watch for all movie fans.

Rating: 9.3/10
June 15, 2017
10 out of 10:

Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis make an excellent duo in this insanely smart and laugh out loud funny.
June 11, 2017
One of my favorite movies of all time.
June 10, 2017
It's what all comedies should aim to be - witty and fun. The actors look as if they enjoyed themselves thoroughly in this highly enjoyable film. Marilyn never looked more luscious.
May 4, 2017
Billy Wilder's finest film entertains on all levels. A true comedy classic you won't forget. (First and only full viewing - 4/26/2010)
March 21, 2017
SPOILER: Jerry: Oh no you don't! Osgood, I'm gonna level with you. We can't get married at all.
Osgood: Why not?
Jerry: Well, in the first place, I'm not a natural blonde.
Osgood: Doesn't matter.
Jerry: I smoke! I smoke all the time!
Osgood: I don't care.
Jerry: Well, I have a terrible past. For three years now, I've been living with a saxophone player.
Osgood: I forgive you.
Jerry: [tragically] I can never have children!
Osgood: We can adopt some.
Jerry: But you don't understand, Osgood! Ohh...
[Jerry finally gives up and pulls off his wig]
Jerry: [normal voice] I'm a man!
Osgood: [shrugs] Well, nobody's perfect!
[Jerry looks on with disbelief as Osgood continues smiling with indifference. Fade out] :-) ;-)
½ March 17, 2017
I'm with Woody Allen: I just don't 'get' SLIH. Very hard to explain why it leaves me cold. Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis are expert farceurs, Billy Wilder has helmed several fine movies across different genres. The premise is clever and worked out logically. But it's JUST NOT FUNNY. Every sequence is laboured and overextended. All the air is squeezed out. Whereas the genius of The Odd Couple, say, is that the viewer is allowed in and the performers are allowed to riff and extemporise. Anyway, not for the first time I gave up after an hour. Not my bag.
½ February 12, 2017
A hilarious comedy, filled with tons of great situational humor and gags. Very good acting from the three leads and especially Jack Lemmon. Each scene seems to be filled with a little joke and repeated viewings may be necessary to catch all of them. Funny, entertaining, and even the final scene has the best joke of the whole movie in my opinion
January 1, 2017
An all time classic comedy with some tremendously funny performances by its three leads. I would dare say that THIS was Marilyn Monroe's best performance. She's just so naturally funny; and Jack Lemon and Tony Curtis are equally hilarious as the two bumbling musicians on the run.

This is a very likable movie that holds up incredibly well. Check it out and have a good laugh.
½ January 1, 2017
Not the funniest comedy but really charming. Especially Jack Lemmon and his face expressions! Also i'm all for taking down sleazy men.
December 20, 2016
An old school comedy that still works today for the most part. Marilyn Monroe, well... as the crazy, perv millionaire in this says, "ZOWEE!"
December 7, 2016
Classic! Unfortunately Marilyn Monroe was on a steady decline at the point. This is evedent in the fact that when you see her on the phone with Tony Curtis she is reading her lines from a chockboard off screen. This is one of Billy Wilder and Jack Lemmon's many teamings. Tony Curtis said that kissing Marilyn Monroe was like "kissing Hittler". Jack Lemmon years later said to Robert Osborn (Turner Classic Movies) that it was "great to work with Marilyn. She was such a doll!" I recommend reading Tony Curtis' book about the making of the film. On Blu-ray.
½ December 4, 2016
This is one of the most amusing movies ever made. Even 57 years after its first release the concept of 2 men in drag will keep you entertained throughout. Jack Lemmon's acting in particular propels you through the enjoyable plot, full of innuendo and scheming while touching on the inappropriate nature of prevalent sexual harassment from the period. The camerawork also deserves praise as long shots with moving cameras allows you to enjoy the quick change scenes that take place. Monroe is as enticing as ever in her finest role. This classic comedy is a must see.
December 3, 2016
Funny and entertaining.
November 24, 2016
I kept waiting for something funny.