Someone Marry Barry Reviews

• Jun 24, 2018

Strengths: The cast is pretty filled with some folks who well versed in the world of comedy. Tyler Labine (Barry Burke) is the titular character and was seemingly born to play this kind of role. He feels totally natural in even the most over the top scenes. Damon Wayans Jr. (Desmond) is a highlight and probably the funniest actor of the bunch. Hayes MacArthur (Rafe) and Thomas Middletitch (Kurt) both do well with characters that are given arcs where they grow as people. The cast have great chemistry together and it really is what makes the movie work the most. Weaknesses: Lucy Punch (Melanie Miller) plays the girl that Barry eventually falls for. She's a bit too similar to Barry. It was like having two of the same character on screen and that isn't ideal. It became too much of the same thing, over and over. They crammed a lot of crude humor into this. Crude humor is fine in doses, but when it's the entire movie, it suffers and you get diminishing returns. While the supporting cast get arcs, they don't feel like they're intertwined that well into the main plot, so they aren't given much attention and they suffer because of it. Overall: If you like inappropriate comedy, this is probably something you'll enjoy. I found it to be amusing and I don't regret watching it. However, it is nowhere near the best movies of its kind. The cast worked well together, but there are too many familiar tropes relied on throughout.[** 1/2]

• Apr 03, 2017

If you're thing is uncomfortable comedy, this is a 4-star watch. Me? Not so much.

• Feb 06, 2017

Not the worse piece of trash I've ever seen.

Not the worse piece of trash I've ever seen.

• Oct 09, 2016

Someone pls like the movie...!!! Ahh...NO!

Someone pls like the movie...!!! Ahh...NO!

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Oct 03, 2016

Great movie about being yourself and having true friends. Found this on Netflix and enjoyed every minute of it. Great cast with interesting choices along the way, definitely not a laugh every minute film and I found that enjoyable. A mixture of humour and drama.

• Jul 21, 2016

I was only able to watch about 5 minutes of this pathetic flick before feeling the need to leave the room and empty my stomach. It's amazing how someone can cram so many inappropriate sexual references into such a short space of time. Does this somehow classify as "adult humor" when all the jokes are ridiculously immature and disgusting?

• Dec 26, 2015

'Someone Marry Barry' makes use of an extremely overused but undying formula and mixes in as much inappropriate and politically incorrect content as they can manage to service the story and the main protagonist, Barry. Viewers can expect the conflict-conflict-fallout-reconciliation story with some pretty extreme humour and occasionally funny gags.

• Dec 01, 2015

hilarious super funny

hilarious super funny

• Nov 14, 2015

This movie was a riot! It serves its purpose, to make you laugh. A nice movie to watch for some good laughs. Tyler Labine is great as the lead in this movie, with good performances from Damon Wayans, Jr. and Thomas Middleditch as supporting characters. Great chemistry between the main characters played by Labine and Lucy Punch. And aside from the laughter, the romance and connection between Labine and Punch feels heart-warming. A lot of the jokes and gags are nasty and outrageous (everytime I laughed out loud, my girlfriend looked like she wanted to throw up). Guys will definitely like this movie more than girls. While the movie is predictable if you watch the preview beforehand and is mostly a standard rom-com, it is still an enjoyable watch that is well-worth the one hour and 24 minute runtime.

• May 11, 2015

There are no mass actors in this film yet fulfills with the quality of the A list movies. What a wonderful launch pad for an aspiring filmmaker. He wrote it, as well handled everything and everyone carefully. In the name of comedy, he did not go lousy, like most of the B movies do. One of the best main roles ever it was for Lucy Punch in her entire career as far my observation and she outclassed it. Daman Wayans also having a good time recently with movies like 'Let's be Cops', 'Big Hero 6' and this. Certainly his career graph mounting like any actor dreamt for. Very similar storyline to the movie 'Let's Kill Ward's Wife', but instead 'kill', it replaced with the word 'marry'. Yep, Barry is the character in the movie who is very annoying, so his best buddies plan to set up with a woman to get rid of him. The title character Barry was the most important in the movie and it went to the right person to play. I know him barely, seen in a couple of films and again he was splendid with a casual performance. I am pretty much sure, the sequel is on the card. It will be a double trouble for Barry's buddies, but all my concern is the filmmakers don't want to mess it up like 'Horrible Bosses 2'. So hilarious, even though, consider it is not a so popular flick. Worry is people will miss this enjoyable movie due to the unaware of its existence. That's the reason I review not-so-popular-good-movie on the regular basis. In my opinion, disappointment is not on the card. Believe me, the movie might not be a good as I am stating, but definitely not a bad one. So in the end, it's up to the collective of the individual's statement that decides the fate of a movie which involves yours as well. 7/10