Something's Gotta Give - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Something's Gotta Give Reviews

March 11, 2017
Humorous, entertaining.
½ February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 2, 2017
It this is only getting a 71% rating, then it's confirmation that the reviews here are SKEWED. This is probably the funniest movie I've ever seen, and while it's a chick flick, I challenge anyone not to laugh out loud at the entire first half of the movie. EVery actor is perfection -- at the top of their game -- and the statement this movie makes about the gender difference as we age could not be made in a more witty, pointed, hilarious fashion. Perfectly cast and perfect set, Something's Gotta Give is perfection. I could watch it over & over again. If Rotten Tomatoes were geared toward women (same w IDMB) this movie would be hovering at 100%. Just sayin. Oh and the beach house is worth watching alone. Nancy Meyer goes to great lengths on her sets and I literally have screen shots of some of the rooms on my screensaver
½ November 1, 2016
Really too boring for me to continue on..
½ October 22, 2016
Composed by the cute, sappy, sentimental stuff standard rom-coms are made of, "Something's Gotta Give" may cleverly acknowledge rom-com tropes, but never does it exceed them.
October 11, 2016
Trainspotting (1996)
September 30, 2016
Strong performances with a strong script, about a real subject....
½ September 4, 2016
Very funny and touching. A great rainy-dayer. Nicholson and Keaton are charming. It is, though, like a lot of Meyers's work, slightly predictable.
August 21, 2016
Okay this movie was funny, and romantic. I liked the movie it was entertaining. I guess I like this movie a lot because of Jack Nicholson. Honestly the script was good writing.
May 10, 2016
Agreablement surprise. Je me suis laisser prendre par cette charmante comédie romantique. J'en ai ris (surtout le moment ou elle n'arrete pas de pleurer.
May 1, 2016
The plot is familiar, but sometimes it's kind of fun to watch a movie like this as a getaway from reality. Nicholson and Keaton are stellar, and director Nancy Meyers knows how to make smart romantic comedies. Something's Gotta Give is sincere and tender.
April 24, 2016
Light entertainment but it does have some funny moments and Jack Nicholson. Quite liked this, not sure why, but I did.
April 22, 2016
DIANE KEATON IS GOD.
½ February 16, 2016
For hardcore romance fans of a certain age only. Don't let the big names fool you, you'll be watching shameless pandering for the target demographic audience and an insult for everyone else.
January 22, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie...it's funny, sad, loving, a perfect girl movie!
½ January 16, 2016
Somehow this film is charming
January 7, 2016
Though it has its funny moments and there are some great performances from Nicholson and Keaton, the movie ends up playing out like your average romantic comedy
½ January 6, 2016
Good Romantic Comedy.
½ December 16, 2015
In Something's Gotta Give, some people love the chemistry between Jack Nicholson's character Harry Sandborn and Diane Keaton's Erica Barry. I'll admit, they had some good banter and moments, but...let's face it. Harry is a long term womanizer who is dating Erica's own daughter, Marin.

I'll admit, it's interesting to see a crazy love square (not just a simple love triangle but a more complex love square) unfold. Mother and playwright Erica seems to be steeling the heart of her daughter's much older womanizing boyfriend, until a sexy doctor (played by Keanu Reeves) captures her heart instead. Erica seems to be making a very good choice when she finally picks the lovestruck doctor, Julian. Meanwhile, Harry is having regrets that he didn't catch and keep Erica when he had the chance.

It looks like Erica and Julian are moving forward in their relationship and seem very happy, but somehow, at the very end, Erica changes her mind and picks "conformed" womanizer Harry. What!?

I wonder how awkward Erica being with Harry will make things between Erica and her daughter Marin at holiday get-togethers. "Enjoying my ex, Mom?" Hmmmm. Not the ending I wanted, but if Harry makes Erica happy, so be it. Her daughter seemed surprisingly understanding about it, after all.
November 21, 2015
Surprisingly good. Didn't go in expecting much.