Something's Gotta Give - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Something's Gotta Give Reviews

May 10, 2016
Agreablement surprise. Je me suis laisser prendre par cette charmante comédie romantique. J'en ai ris (surtout le moment ou elle n'arrete pas de pleurer.
May 1, 2016
The plot is familiar, but sometimes it's kind of fun to watch a movie like this as a getaway from reality. Nicholson and Keaton are stellar, and director Nancy Meyers knows how to make smart romantic comedies. Something's Gotta Give is sincere and tender.
April 24, 2016
Light entertainment but it does have some funny moments and Jack Nicholson. Quite liked this, not sure why, but I did.
April 22, 2016
DIANE KEATON IS GOD.
½ February 16, 2016
For hardcore romance fans of a certain age only. Don't let the big names fool you, you'll be watching shameless pandering for the target demographic audience and an insult for everyone else.
January 22, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie...it's funny, sad, loving, a perfect girl movie!
½ January 16, 2016
Somehow this film is charming
January 7, 2016
Though it has its funny moments and there are some great performances from Nicholson and Keaton, the movie ends up playing out like your average romantic comedy
½ January 6, 2016
Good Romantic Comedy.
½ December 16, 2015
In Something's Gotta Give, some people love the chemistry between Jack Nicholson's character Harry Sandborn and Diane Keaton's Erica Barry. I'll admit, they had some good banter and moments, but...let's face it. Harry is a long term womanizer who is dating Erica's own daughter, Marin.

I'll admit, it's interesting to see a crazy love square (not just a simple love triangle but a more complex love square) unfold. Mother and playwright Erica seems to be steeling the heart of her daughter's much older womanizing boyfriend, until a sexy doctor (played by Keanu Reeves) captures her heart instead. Erica seems to be making a very good choice when she finally picks the lovestruck doctor, Julian. Meanwhile, Harry is having regrets that he didn't catch and keep Erica when he had the chance.

It looks like Erica and Julian are moving forward in their relationship and seem very happy, but somehow, at the very end, Erica changes her mind and picks "conformed" womanizer Harry. What!?

I wonder how awkward Erica being with Harry will make things between Erica and her daughter Marin at holiday get-togethers. "Enjoying my ex, Mom?" Hmmmm. Not the ending I wanted, but if Harry makes Erica happy, so be it. Her daughter seemed surprisingly understanding about it, after all.
November 21, 2015
Surprisingly good. Didn't go in expecting much.
½ November 12, 2015
One of my favorite romance films I've ever seen. The chemistry between Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton is phenomenal. This movie shows that true love can be a real thing and age is just a number.
½ September 30, 2015
Nancy Meyers is one of my favorite directors, but this is the only one of her movies that I might not watch again. Jack Nicholson plays a character we've all seen him do several times before. As an Oscar winning actor, I expected more from him. Diane Keaton is another favorite of mine, and she was better, but still, not her best performance. I didn't love the plot, but it would have been better if there hadn't been such a fluffy script and average acting. A few scenes were just over the top, and I think it turned out being a little bit cheesier than I expected with 2 A-list actor in it. If you are looking for basic comedy or romance, I would say watch it, but if you're looking for something mind blowing, I would not suggest this movie, or at least suggest a different movie by director Nancy Meyers.
September 26, 2015
Hilarious but the story kind of drags towards the end. Jack and Diane are amazing though and have great chemistry.
½ September 23, 2015
I watch it every time it is on
September 3, 2015
The nudity was a little excessive
½ July 10, 2015
The movie rest on the shoulders of Nicholson and Keaton and there up to the task pretty well.
½ June 11, 2015
It's a tad too long, but Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton are TERRIFIC. Their chemistry is perfect. Hilarious. Nancy Meyers shows us that you can still enjoy sex if you're old.
June 3, 2015
Jack does some dramatic backspaces on his computer.
½ February 17, 2015
Smiled throughout the entire film!