Speed Reviews

• Aug 25, 2019

A tense thriller that always leaves you on the edge of your seat; the amazing performances from the entire cast help make Speed an even better experience.

• Aug 14, 2019

Speed stuck like a lightning (no pun here) and lit the box office fire. Keanu Reeves was suddenly an A list action star, next in line to the aging Stallone's and Shwazznegger's. Denis Hopper was rediscovered and suddenly the action genre was well and alive. This was all due to this bomb on the bus blockbuster and It is simply down to good movie making. The bus is the entire set but the action is kinetic and the audience is involved throughout. From a booby-trapped elevator to a bombed bus to a runaway train, this is one pulse-pounding, nitro-fueled film. The acting is also top-notch, and this film is most definitely one of Keanu Reeves' most superb performances. We also can't forget about Dennis Hopper, who brings to his villainous role a sense of morbid humor. What really pulls the film "Speed" together is the exceptional romantic chemistry between the two lead roles. It is certainly one of the most believable I have ever seen.

• Jul 24, 2019

Speed was a lighthearted movie. There's a simple plot, the background story of our antagonist wasn't too deep as well (which doesn't always have to be like that), the charm of our protagonist(s) is a heartthrob and the exciting scenes that made it a fastpacing film. Also the performances of Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock were just so nice to look at, especially because they're a complete match. I have laughed a lot, but also screamed at the screen. I don't have much to say, but it's a modern classic everyone should see once in their life.

• Jul 13, 2019

This movie is dumb. Like, really dumb! But when it decides to put the pedal to the metal, it provides the kind of wholesome thrills you hope to see in a cheesy 90s action movie.

• Jul 10, 2019

Really well done movie with a good management of time between action and low-intensity moments. One of the first with Keanu Reeves, this time with the also good actress Sandra Bullock

• Jul 08, 2019

I can see why Speed was rated so high back in 1994 when it came out. It does everything right in the action film genre. Plus, Keanu Reeves is perfectly cast and really shines in his performance. Bullock was there, but she was very inexperienced. Nonetheless, she did fine. We even got Harry Dunn from Dumb & Dumber to play a cool police officer! Yes, his name was also Harry here and came out the same year as D & D. I digress. I had fun watching Speed for the first time in 2019. Yes, there were tons of cheesy moments and a questionable villain, but it was a good time all around, despite it trying way too hard from time to time. (3.5/5)

• Apr 23, 2019

Blobbo hate/so dumb..

Blobbo hate/so dumb..

• Apr 19, 2019

Good film for its time.

Good film for its time.

• Mar 17, 2019

Although not as endearing as Lethal Weapon, or as action-packed as Die Hard, Speed with all its one-liners and cliche moments reaches its marks at high velocity by the third act; pun intended. Getting down to brass tax, however, the film feels weighted down by the stunning visuals, action-oriented direction, and mind-numbing backdrops, giving very little room for character development and urgency. It all feels like a mesmerizing exercise in film, rather than a journey of prosperity and subsequent payoff. Howard Payne (Dennis Hopper) comes off as unmotivated, while Harry (Jeff Daniels) seems linear and flat. The moments we see between Reeves and Bulloch seem genuine and uplifting but are soon buried by a contrived plot. Alas, the script doesn't lend itself to an actual payoff, nor utilize the actors at their best. A decent watch none-the-less.

• Feb 24, 2019

Even 25 years later, it's an adrenaline rush from frae one to fade out... Die Hard on a bus... almost as good as Die Hard itself