Speed 2 - Cruise Control - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Speed 2 - Cruise Control Reviews

jamrcla
September 14, 2017
So my 1st review on this site is Speed 2, Fair enough, Anyway, I don't really understand why it's hated so much as I enjoyed it, With non stop action and chases, Ok the story is old and the acting isn't great, It was nice to see Sandra bullock back even if she is pretty annoying but come on there are allot of action films that are allot worse than this.
½ August 25, 2017
Man, this was AWFUL!
½ July 23, 2017
Blimey - This film has been absolutely slated by critics and audiences alike, winning awards for worst sequel in the process. Ok, so I agree it isn't in the league of the original but are we comparing it too much to that? Regardless of the fact it's not really about speed or fast paced action sequences, this is still a watchable movie. If it copied the first film too much we'd be slagging it off for no originality. It's difficult to produce a gripping concept on a boat when you have limiting surroundings, but this is a decent effort. It's no Titanic but nor is it an epic fail of titanic proportions. There's no Keanu Reeves, but there are still recognisable actors in this, and the concept is this time about a killer intent on getting his revenge for being struck off by the company that designed the computers on the ship. Yet again, Sandra Bullock is in the wrong place at the wrong time, as the vessel is scheduled to crash into an oil tanker unless the frantic people on board can overwrite the programming. I was never bored during this and the introduction and ending are not as ingenious as the first, as that story has several elements outside the bus taking place - This is just all about the cruise liner. Yes it's pretty cheesy in parts, but most films with Ms Bullock in are, as she plays a great scatty character that always seems to end up being captured and making the situation harder for her boyfriend. As much as I often love to berate movies, there are just far too many other releases that are worse than this so I can't jump on the band wagon of ripping into it like others have - I reckon it's just a case of people feeling angry that the sequel didn't live up to their expectations. I guess you see a film called 'Speed', then you want speed, but the contradictory tag line of 'Cruise Control' is a much better descriptor of this one.
May 12, 2017
1928 Was 69 Years Old In 1997.
½ April 26, 2017
I don't remember the first one being a comedy, so why did they try with this one. Sandra bullock is the worst in this on top of some of the worst dialogue since farts announced their arrival. Oh the sign language scene with the robot neck girl, That's all I can say about that. Obviously sandra bullocks character is bad luck, all men run. Why did they really think we would care about the extras, Just let them die.

My Caaaar.
½ April 14, 2017
Speed 2: Cruise Control begins with a humorous reference to its prequel, as Annie (Sandra Bullock) recklessly speeds through busy streets while filling in the audience as to what happened to her former love interest, Jack. This comedic entrance by Sandra Bullock leaves views laughing at the frightened expression on her passenger's face. We see a man on a motorcycle struggle to catch up to a truck, and it's not hard to guess that the male protagonist is on the daredevil motorcyclist.
Later, in the movie, as the couple boards a crew, we see a realistic boat scene, with beautiful details all around. It makes the entire movie come alive, until one of the actors says their line. The sub-par acting left the audience unable to focus on the fantastic special effects and the amazing details of each scene. The plot dragged along, leaving viewers dozing off during the multiple irrelevant scenes we've seen several times before.
In the end, Speed 2: Cruise Control has deceived us into believing it was a thriller, while in reality it was nothing more than a travesty.
March 30, 2017
honestly I think it was a great movie not the best and certainly not better than the original however in its own right as a sequel speed film it did good. I also love the relationship between Alex and Annie.
March 25, 2017
Aesthetically benign and largely dull and uninteresting, not even Sandra Bullock can save this flick from being one giant sleeping pill. The final action sequence of the boat crashing through countless objects, jettys, vehicles, buildings etc is great fun and very well done but it really is the only decent thing about the movie.
March 22, 2017
This movie starts off dumb and only goes down hill from there.
½ February 25, 2017
A true guilty pleasure. The concept is atrocious. The story is atrocious. Sandra Bullock is atrocious. Jason Patric is atrocious. The ending is abysmal. The only ship that makes it way through this storm is Willem Dafoe who as always, knows how to steal the show.
½ February 1, 2017
The first movie was better than this
½ December 25, 2016
There was NO damn reason to make a sequel to a good movie.
September 4, 2016
After finding nothing to watch yesterday, and immediately following the original Speed on IFC, I decided to watch Speed 2. HUGE mistake. From the beginning, Jason Patric seemed out of place...definitely not an action hero. Boring and lifeless. But it's the ridiculousness of this movie that made me shake my head. A rogue cruise ship heading straight toward a port and no one on land knows it? A huge ship is barreling through the port, and the other small boats and skiers don't notice until it hits them? And then running into the port itself...shouldn't that massive ship have run onto land long before it went a few blocks into the town? Come on...at least make it believable. It was such a joke, and I'm sorry I wasted my time on this piece of junk.
½ August 15, 2016
Not as good as the first one but I really did enjoy it.
August 11, 2016
On the basis that this was supposed to be a B movie taken with some seriousness, it is absolutely horrendous.
½ August 5, 2016
What kind of a sequel is this? What a complete joke and disappointment. Speed is amazing and action packed and it is a great action film with a great cast. I think it was a good idea to makdwe a sequel and it could have been a good one. Speed 2 is far from good. I gave Speed 4 and a half stars and Speed 2 drops all the way to half a star. It is a shame that Keanu Reeves didn't return from the first film but at least Sandra Bullock returned. Keanu Reeves was meant to reprise his role as Jack Traven but he declined it as he didn't like the script. Instead Jason Patric takes his place. Keanu Reeves was praised for not returning as Speed 2 was awful and a total box office bomb. Both Sandra Bullock and Jason Patric regret starring in Speed 2 and I don't blame them. They must be embarrassed starring in Speed 2. I think director Jan De Bont found it hard to do a good job second time round because Speed is so good and his other films are not very good at all. Speed 2 could and should have been so much better. What a joke!!! This film might as well be called slow because it is just a slow moving cruise ship not a speeding bus.
July 24, 2016
Yeah, no. So bad. Thank god Bullock was in this, otherwise I would have been totally lost....
July 3, 2016
It made me hate the water. And when does rush hour hit the water? During a rainstorm! Worst tag line EVER!!
May 14, 2016
Speed 2 has all of the cheese and terrible acting of the first film, but without the taut action and suspense. Real pity.