Spider-Man: Homecoming - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man: Homecoming Reviews

½ January 15, 2019
Great flick. My favorite Spider-Man actor & adaptation thus far. I can't wait to see the next!
½ January 13, 2019
Too much CGI with flat characters
½ January 13, 2019
It was mediocre at best and offered no new take on the high school life of a nerd like Peter Parker. Zendaya was overhyped for the film, considering her character had very little interaction with Peter. Also, there's virtually no homecoming scene ah all. Not the best Spiderman movie.
½ January 12, 2019
Very fun movie. Light, for a spider-man movie, and very funny. After so many spider-man incarnations I went in with moderate expectations but I enjoyed every minute of it.
½ January 10, 2019
Phenomenal. It's so nostalgic to see another Spider-Man film enter the franchise but what really grabbed my attention is how they spun Peter from this nerd who makes everything he uses to a underdog whose mentor is one of the founding avengers. Brilliant!
January 9, 2019
Loved it, perfect capturing of todays generation 9/10 because there weren't enough vine references
January 9, 2019
My problem with this movie is the disrespect shown towards the titular character. If you replace "Spider-Man" with Riri Williams and called this Iron Man 4 with Tony training his eventual replacement this movie would make much more sense. "If you're nothing without the suit then you shouldn't have it." That's the arch of this movie. And that's simply not a Spider-Man story. It's an Iron Man story. So as a movie this is fine. As a Spider-Man movie this falls insanely flat and tonedeaf. I want to see the boy genius that's bitten by a spider and does the right thing because it's his responsibility to do so since he has these powers. Not Iron Man Jr's suit.
January 8, 2019
I love this Peter Parker. He is the right fit finally!
January 7, 2019
My favorite and the best Spider-Man movie yet. This is one of my top 5 favorite Marvel movies and one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. Tom Holland is my favorite actor to have played Spider-Man. The acting performances from every actor were stupendous especially from Tom Holland, Michael Keaton, Zendaya, Jacob Batalon, Robert Downey Jr., Marisa Tomei, Jon Favreau, and Laura Harrier. Jennifer Connelly's voice over performance as Karen was hilarious and fantastic. The visual effects and action scenes were awesome and spectacular. The writing, story, screenplay, and tone of the movie were excellent. A+.
½ January 6, 2019
Tom Holland is much better than I thought! Looking forward to more movies!
January 6, 2019
Holland delivers a near perfect performance solidifying him as the greatest incarnation of Spider-Man yet.
January 5, 2019
had a somewhat slow start but really picked up pace by the end. Even Tony Stark(the scumbag that I think he is) made him look like a kind of a nice guy
88%
½ January 3, 2019
A fun movie all the way around, Tom Holland does a great job as the young Spider Man catching both the youthful exuberance and athleticism of Peter Parker. The revamping of the Vulture character from the comics by Michael Keaton was masterful and fit perfectly in the Marvel movie universe.
January 3, 2019
It's fun, but not as good as the first two Sam Rami films.
½ January 3, 2019
This is quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen.
½ January 2, 2019
Worst spider man. But tom holland is a good actor for the role
½ January 1, 2019
Tom Holland's first outing as the famed SpiderMan. Personally, I welcome his personality and spunk. I must admit I really loved Andrew Garfield and he really seemed to love the character. I think he was simply a victim of the wrong writers. The movie looks and feels fantastic! I LOVE Michael Keaton and was extremely pleased to see him suited up as the Falcon. The movie was fun, granted it's a Marvel movie so it's pretty tough for it not to come across as that way. I was putting this movie off because I wasn't sure I would enjoy. That was a mistake on my part and one that I'm happy to have corrected. The sequence with Keaton and Holland in the vehicle was magnificent! Loved the building of tension, but I do hate that Keaton was able to figure out that Holland was Spiderman from just a few inconsequential details. I understand that they couldn't make it too on the nose, but still. Either way GREAT Sequence.
½ January 1, 2019
Good funning exiting movie.
December 31, 2018
I like everything about the movie
December 30, 2018
Marvel can't miss...really good!