Spider-Man 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man 3 Reviews

½ April 22, 2017
Overstuffed plot along with ridiculous scenes which I don't need to name, Sony, with their unnecessary meddling, straight up ruined what could and should have been an epic trilogy. Like seriously, fuck that company.
April 21, 2017
If you like movies with plot conveniences, bad dialogue, characters there for the sake of being there, and Chicago-esque dance sequences, this movie is for you!
April 11, 2017
"Spider-Man 3" is not a bad movie. There are moments of greatness, however its overabundance of characters and unnecessary plotlines make the movie falter.
April 9, 2017
not the best of the series, but still a good one nonetheless.
April 9, 2017
Variety Film Critic Jay Sherman (1985-Present), Didn't Recommend Spider-Man 3In His Review, He Gave It Two Stars, On His TV Show
Coming Attractions (1985-2015), He Didn't Like It.
½ April 6, 2017
Very strange story decisions and an abundance of stories make the final film in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy a rather disappointing one. With villains that should have been used in their own individual films, someone decided to try to fit three big Spider-Man villains into one script that still was very weak. Tobey Maguire's performance while under the influence of the symboite suit is utterly ridiculous. A film that could have been promising if one villain had been chosen to be the main antagonist ends up being rather laughable and rough to get through.
April 6, 2017
Nice! This was a pretty decent Spiderman sequel that wrapped up things pretty well.
It consisted of a great & effective moral, the acting was great and it was very well directed. The visual effects were brilliant and I loved the screenplay.
Believe it or not, there is definitely something to learn from Peter Parker's unique voyage through this amazing trilogy.
½ March 30, 2017
To be honest, I don't think spider man 3 is that bad, in my opinion it's good, is it a great movie...no, does it have its problems...yes, is it as good as spider man one or 2...nope, but don't get me wrong, it's not a bad movie at all it's not a great movie either it's pretty good so I got to give credit to Sam Raimi yet and this movie for that and I bet you all wondering why there are three villains in there the actual start was that Sam Raimi was having Sandman and the new green goblin in this movie not venom but the problem was that the studio forced Sam Raimi to put venom in there and that's why it didn't work
March 29, 2017
Spider-Man 3 is still exciting and still action-packed.The director manages to make it huge, human and realistic.Its not a bad movie.Some of the effects are Amazing and beautiful done like ,,The Birth of Sandman,, or the alien costume is impressive.The action sequences are stylish, brilliantly done and intense.The score is also amazing,
Christopher Young did a beautiful job, way better then James Horner and Hans Zimmer. The love triangle work for me even with second blond girl,but love is complicated .Yes the movie have Too many villains and sub plots but you can have fun with this superhero flick.The actors are great: J. Jonah Jameson and the Maître d' (brilliantly played by Bruce Campbell) really steal every scenes their in! Pure classic comedy moment. Talking about the acting..they all did a great job.And talking about the negatives aspects: The beautiful Gwen Stacy doesn't contribute much to the film,I undrestand why the director chose MJ again to be kidnap at the end,but if he had stick with the original script then we could get much more intersting way to the relationship between Gwen and Peter.I m still waiting to see the extended to get more screen time with all character and to get a proper character development for some of them.Overall, its still an enjoyable movie and I know why it s so much hate about the movie but dont forget that it s far more superior than the two movies directed by Marc Webb far more superior then Superman 3, Green Lantern, Fantastic Four..etc...
½ March 25, 2017
Not too bad, It had so much potential with the whole Venom storyline. But that was completely wasted on stupid ideas. Such as, Spider-man going all emo, what was that? Venom was very unfulfilled as well. They ruined it with the ending especially.
March 24, 2017
My favourite spiderman film tobey why did you go
March 23, 2017
Unfortunately not as good as the first two due to a plot overstuffed with subplots and a weak villain in Topher Grace's Venom/Eddie Brock, it still shines as a Spidey movie due to the performances, action sequences, and a strong villain in Sandman.
March 20, 2017
Raimi failed to give only one villain in both the first two films adequate screen-time, & so shot himself in the foot long before filming began on this instalment.
This is a bloated film that focuses on all the wrong issues & sub-plots - i.e. Parker & MJ's loveless, selfish & bland relationship (Maguire's acting is so bad that when MJ tells him she's seeing someone else he smiles the whole time he consults Harry in the cafe).
Sandman disappears for half the film, Osborne suffers amnesia almost immediately in true cheesy soap-opera fashion, Eddie Brock gets no screen-time or development leading to a lacklustre & poor depiction of Venom (who they kill off for some reason at the end instead of leading him into a fourth film with 'Carnage').
If all those points weren't bad enough, the symbiote seems to turn Peter Parker into a dancing, 'Saturday Night Fever' loving Emo, instead of becoming arrogant & abusive (that is, when it finally attaches to him). Parker's dark-side? What dark-side? He accidentally slaps MJ, & that - according to Raimi - is the worst act he can commit. Not freely 'killing' Sandman in remorseless fashion!
Apart from another stand-out performance by Bruce Campbell, everything about this film (including Raimi's misguided directing) is extremely poor. All the ingredients were there to make this the greatest super-hero film ever made, yet it failed sooo dramatically.
March 18, 2017
Very Underrated Film. Not as good as the first 2 but still holds up. My Score: 84%
March 16, 2017
My favourite spiderman film and this actor I miss
½ March 15, 2017
Problematic but its far more fun, human, and heavy themed than The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2.
½ March 13, 2017
Yeah, the stuff thats stupid is pretty stupid. However, there is also a tone of cool things. I think this movie deserves a second chance.
½ March 8, 2017
The least favorite in the franchise still has it's charm and is worth a watch. With sturdy action sequences and decent characters, this an acceptable third entry.
March 2, 2017
Spider-man 3 is my favourite sad to see tobey maguire go
½ March 1, 2017
Huge sales from the first two films, Spider Man 2 being more rewarding and coherent than the first. Spider Man 3 isn't worth seeing - the character relationships are thrown out the window, main character repeatedly removes his mask to deliver lines in a fairly stock "plot" about supernatural baddies doing . . . um, stuff (steals the good guys girlfriend?? I forget) and some general production idiocy, like making Venom exactly the same as Spider Man . . . but the animation is terrible in a handful of shots. Best bet would have been to just repeat the formula of the first two films, but concluding the romantic subplot with some stronger feminist elements, then some sort of romantic commitment between the leads. And an excellent evil character, as none of them in this film have compelling motivations or generate much onscreen dramatic power. Followed by endless blandness via the Disney megacorp "MCU" franchise. Ugh. At least Pixar write actual stories . . .