Spider-Man 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man 3 Reviews

½ March 17, 2018
I liked it more than spiderman? 2 but I like the first one from 2002 more
March 14, 2018
Wow, this was bad. Can we say Emo Peter Parker.....yeah.
March 11, 2018
Good movie although a lot to take in. having many villians in one movie means there is a lot to cram into one movie.
March 10, 2018
This is not only the best Spider-Man movie of all time. It's also the best comic book movie of all time. Spider-Man 3 is a total blast. Excellent story, great villains, this third installment is one of the best. I can't believe people say this is not that good of a movie. This is a great movie. And amazing. Remember how great "The Dark Knight" was? People should have said: The Dark Knight isn't as good as Spider-Man 3. But it came very close. Because that's how good Spider-Man 3 is. It's one of the best movies of all time. And most underrated movie of all time. Spider-man 3 is a film with a great story that deserves everyone's attention for a lifetime.
½ March 5, 2018
Spider-Man 3 is a good movie if you look into it from an entertainment perspective; the movie has the action and guts to make a movie good. Unfortunately, the emo Peter Parker and an overstuffed array of villains ruined some of movie's enjoyment.
February 16, 2018
An amazing film with 2 good villains but one that is a bit under developed bit is still goo I like this movie because it had potential to be better than 2 and I see that every time I watch it
February 14, 2018
the. greatest. movie. ever.
February 13, 2018
i think it is the worst spiderman movie
February 6, 2018
Total: 10/25
February 3, 2018
what ruined this movie was Emo Peter Dancing
½ January 25, 2018
Not as good as the first two due to the character and story development, but it still serves as a fun and entertaining movie to watch. B+
January 23, 2018
The problem with Spider-Man 3. Sony puts most of its eggs into one basket. What's the story? Peter Parker is planning to propose to Mary Jane Watson but this movie stands in his way. He goes on a quest to avenge Uncle Ben after James Cromwell reveals that Flint Marko, who becomes Sandman, is his true murderer and the guy from the first film was merely an accomplice. An alien symbiote crash lands on Earth and turns Peter into a jerk. A love triangle with Gwen Stacy occurs. Eddie Brock is the new kid on the block and he becomes a rival with Peter. And doesn't turn into Venom until the third act. You know that intriguing cliffhanger with Harry and the Green Goblin stuff? He gets amnesia for half the movie after the first action scene. While Venom was handled poorly, the real flaw for me was the alien symbiote. It's made the main selling point in marketing but all the symbiote does is chill in Peter's apartment until an hour into the movie. Granted, this movie is 2 hours and 19 minutes long including credits but don't dedicate the marketing strictly to one specific thing when there are already multiple stories. Not to worry, Spider-Man 3 still has enough redeeming qualities to be, at the very least, passable. The visuals look great with Thomas Haden Church's transformation into the Sandman being the coolest scene in the entire movie, the action sequences are amazing as can be expected with a Sam Raimi Spider-Man movie, J.K. Simmons steals the show as J. Jonah Jameson who provides the movie's funniest moments and there is a nicely handled plot twist near the end of the movie. Peter's symbiote-influenced dance is "so bad, it's good" but that symbiote isn't trying to be cool. It's attempting to understand human life. It might as well have the voice of Tommy Wiseau whispering in Peter's ear. *Emo Peter dances* Symbiote with voice of Wiseau: "Dancing, dancing. This is what people do when they happy, yes? Hahaha" Spider-Man 3 is enjoyable yet flooded with storylines. I'm happy that Raimi finished all of them by the end of the movie and that term is saying a lot since this movie came out a year before Iron Man, which caused every major Hollywood studio to make their movies shared universes. In fact, that's one certain Shymalan movie's plot twist. The "overdosed on stories" diagnosis that this movie had ultimately results in a so-so conclusion to the classic trilogy. I wish Spider-Man 4 came out. We could've seen Bruce Campbell playing Mysterio finally having all his appearances from the trilogy connected. Never mind, I look forward to the day I stumble upon an alternate reality where the fourth movie happened and Sony let Raimi make the movie in his own creative vision.
January 13, 2018
I liked the movie. I like what they did with Flint Marko's character with his conflicted past and the reason he resorted to crime. Topher Grace wouldn't have been my first pick for Eddie Brock and I don't think they did Venom justice. Weird dance scene at the jazz club, but it was a fun movie overall. Enjoyed James Franco's performance. Story was okay.
½ January 12, 2018
It's good and I don't care what fanboys say they're stupid
½ January 7, 2018
Peter Parker cried 3 times. And there were 3 villains.. Not Sam's fault from what it sounds like. The first two were classics.
½ January 6, 2018
Much like X-Men 3, I can see what they were trying to do here. There are nuggets of good ideas in this movie, but that's part of the problem. There are too many of them. Each one could have been its own movie, but they tried to shove Sandman, Hobgoblin, Venom, and still do the whole Peter/MJ thing all at once. It was 3 movies in one and none got fleshed out as much as they deserved. Plus, my god, that corny 'Emo Peter' segment was cringe-worthy and embarrassing.
½ January 3, 2018
Even though it has some good performances and action and some GREAT moments, the plot is not that good, some moments are horrible and the three villain thing is BAAD.
December 22, 2017
A case of the good, the bad and the ugly in Toby's last outing as Pete. Studio interference is rife leaving Raimi directionless for large parts of this conclusion.
Overall feeling is a let down after the heights of number 2.
December 21, 2017
The plot is rushed, but I don't know how a rushed plot and a good story are compatible. It is also compared to one of the greatest films of all time in its predecessor -- and a damn good one in the first of the trilogy.
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original. 6.5

Visualmente impactante. Narrativamente deja que desear en cuanto a desarrollo de personajes, y por momentos parece ser incluso una parodia de si mismo.