Spider-Man 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man 3 Reviews

½ March 25, 2017
Not too bad, It had so much potential with the whole Venom storyline. But that was completely wasted on stupid ideas. Such as, Spider-man going all emo, what was that? Venom was very unfulfilled as well. They ruined it with the ending especially.
March 24, 2017
My favourite spiderman film tobey why did you go
March 23, 2017
Unfortunately not as good as the first two due to a plot overstuffed with subplots and a weak villain in Topher Grace's Venom/Eddie Brock, it still shines as a Spidey movie due to the performances, action sequences, and a strong villain in Sandman.
March 20, 2017
Raimi failed to give only one villain in both the first two films adequate screen-time, & so shot himself in the foot long before filming began on this instalment.
This is a bloated film that focuses on all the wrong issues & sub-plots - i.e. Parker & MJ's loveless, selfish & bland relationship (Maguire's acting is so bad that when MJ tells him she's seeing someone else he smiles the whole time he consults Harry in the cafe).
Sandman disappears for half the film, Osborne suffers amnesia almost immediately in true cheesy soap-opera fashion, Eddie Brock gets no screen-time or development leading to a lacklustre & poor depiction of Venom (who they kill off for some reason at the end instead of leading him into a fourth film with 'Carnage').
If all those points weren't bad enough, the symbiote seems to turn Peter Parker into a dancing, 'Saturday Night Fever' loving Emo, instead of becoming arrogant & abusive (that is, when it finally attaches to him). Parker's dark-side? What dark-side? He accidentally slaps MJ, & that - according to Raimi - is the worst act he can commit. Not freely 'killing' Sandman in remorseless fashion!
Apart from another stand-out performance by Bruce Campbell, everything about this film (including Raimi's misguided directing) is extremely poor. All the ingredients were there to make this the greatest super-hero film ever made, yet it failed sooo dramatically.
March 18, 2017
Very Underrated Film. Not as good as the first 2 but still holds up. My Score: 84%
March 16, 2017
My favourite spiderman film and this actor I miss
½ March 15, 2017
Problematic but its far more fun, human, and heavy themed than The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2.
½ March 13, 2017
Yeah, the stuff thats stupid is pretty stupid. However, there is also a tone of cool things. I think this movie deserves a second chance.
½ March 8, 2017
The least favorite in the franchise still has it's charm and is worth a watch. With sturdy action sequences and decent characters, this an acceptable third entry.
March 3, 2017
New York Times Film Critic Jay Sherman Did Not Recommend Spider-Man 3 In His Review, He Gave It Two Stars, On Coming Attractions He Gave It A Thumbs Down.
March 2, 2017
Spider-man 3 is my favourite sad to see tobey maguire go
½ March 1, 2017
Huge sales from the first two films, Spider Man 2 being more rewarding and coherent than the first. Spider Man 3 isn't worth seeing - the character relationships are thrown out the window, main character repeatedly removes his mask to deliver lines in a fairly stock "plot" about supernatural baddies doing . . . um, stuff (steals the good guys girlfriend?? I forget) and some general production idiocy, like making Venom exactly the same as Spider Man . . . but the animation is terrible in a handful of shots. Best bet would have been to just repeat the formula of the first two films, but concluding the romantic subplot with some stronger feminist elements, then some sort of romantic commitment between the leads. And an excellent evil character, as none of them in this film have compelling motivations or generate much onscreen dramatic power. Followed by endless blandness via the Disney megacorp "MCU" franchise. Ugh. At least Pixar write actual stories . . .
February 26, 2017
Enjoyable, but I didn't quite feel like it lived up to the hype. Probably better if you know some of the backstory from the comics.
½ February 24, 2017
This is a very bad movie
February 18, 2017
Thought they made it too complicated. It seemed as if there were really 4 villains. Them being Haden Church, Franco, Grace, and himself. I truly liked both the 1st and 2nd part better.
½ February 12, 2017
what in the heck happened here
½ January 29, 2017
This is my least favorite Spider-Man movie. I mean, it's like as if Spider-Man just got turned into a soap opera! And we see MJ Watson get kidnapped...again! This time by Venom. Also, Harry Osborn (as the New Goblin) teams up with Spider-Man to defeat Venom and Sandman (and forgetting that all that time he wanted revenge on the web-slinger for killing his dad)! It's a disappointing film!
½ January 29, 2017
Big fan of Spider-man & Venom, but this movie is unwatchable.

It is so bad. If you want to know why they rebooted Spider-man? Torture yourself by watching this and you'lll understand.
January 28, 2017
Spider-Man 3 (2007) C-139m. ?? D: Sam Raimi. Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Thomas Haden Church, Topher Grace, Bryce Dallas Howard. (Exhaust . . . ) Peter Parker becomes victim of destructive space goo which takes over his life and makes it--and his friends and family--tough to deal with. He hurts everyone who loves him, and he also battles the great strength of The Sandman, his childhood friend, himself, and (yawn) another monster spawned by the goo itself. A real downer of a sequel . . . to a terrific movie (SPIDER-MAN 2); badly written, mostly boring and ineffectual, rarely exciting, completely misses spirit and appeal of first two films. Saved by--but not terribly improved by--special effects. What was Raimi thinking and where's Alfred Molina when you really need him???
½ January 24, 2017
Tobey Maguire Spider-Man this is the best one of the three too cheesy